User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

(if this not the right place to post.. mod's pls post in correct section - thx).

So DH and I are looking to get new kitchen cabients.. basically like most folks.. not willing to spend and arm and leg BUT wants good workmanship and value for our $$. We NEED something that is going to LAST!!

So DH is stuck on Home Dept cabients.... I'm shooping around.. does anyone know of any good websites that discusses bad AND good for companies in a certain business/location (example for me it would be kitchen cabients in the GTA).

Thoese who have change up their kicthen cabients any suggestions/ideas/comments would be much help - THX!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have home depot cabinets, and cant say anything bad about them. They have heavy duty hinges, the drawers work wonderful and look as good as day one. The neighbor had kitchen work done by home depot, and had problems, but HD is insured and everything was fixed up right.
    SIL went through a place in mississauga, canak or something like that, she is happy with them. Other than the style, they are really no different from mine. She said she paid around 5000 total for cabinets only, which included a pantry and telephone area.
    A friend went through word of mouth, with some guy who did it as a side job and worked at a cabinet place. She spent $18,000 on a small kitchen, top of the line everything including granite counters. She got sooo ripped off, as some wood started cracking, nail heads showed, and the drawer fronts were misaligned so you could see in the drawers a bit when it was closed. He never did come back to fix.
    Another friend went the same route, different guy, in the end she was going to take the guy to court, it was a nightmare, and after a year, her son finished the job. Funny part is, they came here to compare my hinges and drawer sliders, as they wanted the exact same ones. She thought she would save money, but in the end, it cost her alot more. Im sure there are other great companies out there, but I wouldnt totally write off home depot either.
    Anyway, hope that helps some. Lucky you, getting a kitchen facelift!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thx Miztia! I wished I could get the cabients done later rather then earlier.. our house is 26 yrs old, one drawer fell apart over the weekend AND we need more cabient/counter space BAD.

BTW, how long was HD working on ur kicthen? 1 wk? How did u mange w/out prep'ing meals/food. Or do u still have access to ur kicthen while HD was working on the cabients? Also, did someone (i.,e a family member) saty @ home wheil HD was in ur house?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I recently bought and installed ikea cabinets and paid about $3000 for cabinets, plus $2000 for the granite countertop, $500 for faucet and undermount sink.

Installation took about a week and in the meantime I resorted to microwaving precooked meals and washing dishes in the bathtub. I would make sure someone is in the house while they install it. Either take vacation days or arrange to work from home.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rona has very good quality kitchen cabinets and are well priced. Worth a look. Good luck.

Thread Information