User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    89 (100%)

I have a question for Mom's who have the hard floors. We have those little felt pads to prevent the floor from being scratched- but they make the furniture slide very easily. Do you have any suggestions to make it safer? I'm thinking of the cruising stage, her pulling up on a chair and it sliding away and well you can visualize the rest.....

Designer clothes (including kids) at great prices! Be my first Haute Look referral!
    http://www.hautelook.com/invite/CShaw223

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

you can get anti slip mats for things you worry about shifting though they do prevent all things from sliding completely we put it under our kitchen rugs and garbage can
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

We also have hardwood everywhere. I found it easiest to put a nice area rug that she plays on.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

What do I do now that she keeps pulling herself up?
    Oh god, I don't want her to bust her head open..nyergh!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    What do I do now that she keeps pulling herself up?
    Oh god, I don't want her to bust her head open..nyergh!
    *Hugs* Don't worry, she's not going to bust her head open! She'll probably get some bumps and bruises, but like mentioned before she's a baby, and that's what they're built for!

DS is 19m and still falls sometimes...He thinks now that he's a pro at walking, that he's also a pro at running and will fall and either bite his lip or get bruises on his shins! Seriously, if you looked at his legs you would think we beat him! lol (we don't, so please no nasty messages...)

Anyway, just put your mind at ease and remember you can't prevent every little fall from happening...the way they learn is by trying, and if we don't let them do it on their own then they'll never be able to do it!

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

I agree to let her crawl where ever... She is going to get bumps and bruises it is part of life. I am a full-time nanny... the little guy I watch learned to crawl on hardwood and tile flooring. I say like the other let me explore and be a baby.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Hey, Luna's Mommy...

Wow... Luna is crawling already eh... They grow up so fast!

Just thought I'll share with you my experience... Ethan has not crawled yet, but he playing on our hardwood floor...

When he started off playing on the floor, he banged his forehead on the floor whenever he got tired or he sneezed...

I remember the first time when he banged his head, he looked shocked, and looked at me, and then cried... I carried him and consoled him, and he was fine in a minute.

Now, the second time when he banged his head on the floor again, and started crying, I don't know why... but I started laughing out really loud... and I just said, well, you just have to learn that it IS gonna painful if you bang your head on the floor, don't you?

My dear son stopped crying when he saw me laughing! He even started smiling!

So, yes, let them explore, and learn the world... If we keep "sheltering" them, then they will never learn...

I am proud to say that Ethan now always takes care to lower his head down slowly when he wants to put his head (back or front) on the floor...

It's amazing how fast babies learn!!!!
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

to add to what woofy said.. little ones tend to look at us for a response/reaction when they do something like fall, if they see you making a big "oh my gosh" upset run and comfort they will feel it's a bit deal but if you respond in a light hearted manner a little laugh or a light "oopies" they won't see a tiny bump or landing on thier bum when starting to toddle as a big deal..

i used to clap and say "yay!" whenever toodles landed on her bum when she started walking it encouraged her to get up shake off the shock of it (the surprise of falling tends to be what startles them the most) and she'd look at me with the most proud smile on her face

as scary as it sounds, and as much as we hate to hear it, luna will get bruises, bumps and falls are part of the learning process as much as it pains us as parents to see it's part of the growing process (i know that pain well, toodles often has a bruise or two on her legs from climbing at the park)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yeah, I hate it when she cries. ._.
    And my issue now is she goes after Noodles. xD She's grabbed him by his paw so hard he's now limping, she's rough!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    Yeah, I hate it when she cries. ._.
    And my issue now is she goes after Noodles. xD She's grabbed him by his paw so hard he's now limping, she's rough!
    He'll eventually learn to stay away from her! I know it's hard seeing them man-handling the pets (we have a 12 year old dog), but pets seem to sense that they're only kids and they may be rough with them at times so they tend to keep their cool around them.

Our dog has never once been mean to kids. I have 3 rambunctious nephews who used to rough-house with her when they were younger (and so was she) and she loved it! When my niece was 1, she would lay on the floor and let the baby put her head on her tummy and they would both just lie there and watch TV or nap... Our DS can get a little rough with our dog too, but for the most part she knows to stay away from him unless there's food involved, cause she knows he's going to share with her!

Oh, and we NEVER leave him alone with her, no matter what!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information