User Tag List

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Saw again at another Pharmaprix store today some liquidation deals on baby accessories - so tempted but need advice as soon as possible so that I can come back there early tomorrow to buy if they are really good deals. So please help me with any advice on price, quality, review of the following products:
    - Medela mini electric breast pump - 69.99$ (reg. 149.99$) - Updated: check online and it seems that Medela has discontinued this model so that's why it is on liquidation now. Still, wonder if it is worth to buy it for an expecting mom or not?

- Avent Magic cup package of 2 - 2.99$

- Playtex VentAire advanced newborn gift set including 3x177ml bottles, 2x 266ml bottles, 2 extra nipples, 2 extra vent discs - 9.99$ (reg. 19.99)

- BornFree newborn gift set including 1x9oz bottle, 3x 5oz bottles, 2 nipples, 1 training cup - 24.99 (reg. 52.99$- ridiculous price!)

- Package of 2 or 3 nipples of Gerber, Playtex, Avent, etc - 2.99$/each

It seems that at least at Montreal a lot of Pharmaprix stores have baby stuff on liquidation but the price ranges differently.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by MeMew; Tue, Oct 26th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I rented a breatpump and paid more than that to rent one. It was a godsend for me. Allowed me to also have my husband feed our son.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

For the Medela Mini electric - babies r us.ca has it for $134 when I cceked online now, so a good price yes.

However, I've had five kids and pumped with varying degrees with everyone, so I have expereince with breastpumps! It's hard to say before hand, depends on how much you will be pumping, for occasional pumping, I would think that would be fine. However, if you ahve to regularily pump (I had twins in the NICU for a month), a double electric pump is the best. I had the Medela Pump in style double electric (about $250), expensive, yes, but the only way to maintain a milk supply. With my third, I used it and the hand held electric version, I didn't like it. For my last two, I just pumped occasionally, and I used the Medela Harmony pump (hand pump), easier to use, I thought then the Medela single electric, for me. However, at the price, might be worth picking up.

I never used the Avent cups, but I looked them quickly up on babies r'us, and the only two pack of magic cups I saw, was $13.99 ! So, a great deal! I'veheard good things about them though. So, I'd get a few of those at that price. More, if they are for shower gifts.

Playtex ventaire gift set and born free gift sets, both seem to be really good prices. However, if you're stocking up on bottles, some babies can be picky about nipples, so I wouldn't assume they'll use them. But,. they do seem to be a good price.

My twins used the medela nipples, pricey, but only ones they would take. My next two just used the gerber nipples and my youngest used evenflo and medela. For bottles I generally like the gerber for feeding (they are the cheapest), but I like the medela bottles for storing milk/freezing (but, are pricey).

Hope that isn't too much information, or what you're looknig for.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

The pump I think you should pass on, if it is a gift. Selecting a pump is so personal, I feel. And there are so many styles and versions - what one mother wants or may work for her, may not for another. The other items are great prices and great gifts, go for them.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

the playtex bottles all the way

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I actually had that pump, and it worked well. But I agree that it's something a mom should pick out, especially that she is the one who will be deciding whether she'll be breastfeeding or formula feeding... *shrug*

Thread Information