User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    I called 1800SHOPPERS and the guy said we get the 5000pts with the purchase of SDM GCs as well and we even get the pts if we pay for the GCs with an Optimum Mastercard.... so good news all around, im buying $1950 worth of SDM GCs this week.
    I don't have a Optimum MC - is this offer available if you use a regular credit card?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

yes! bookmom I called head office and they said yes! any regular credit card is OK as form of payment. but if you use their vanilla mc or sdm gc to pay, it is not goin to be valid.

the guy on the phone said that we can buy their vanilla mc and sdm gc for this promotion BUT not use them to pay. You can buy but not pay. lol. that's how I remember it.

I was goin to buy their vanilla MC worth $150 to buy my groceries at RCSS but it said on the card, there is goin to be a 5.95 activation fee x 2 so I said not worth it! will prob buy only sdm and other store gc that I normally buy anyways.

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by boldjack View Post
    yes! bookmom I called head office and they said yes! any regular credit card is OK as form of payment. but if you use their vanilla mc or sdm gc to pay, it is not goin to be valid.

the guy on the phone said that we can buy their vanilla mc and sdm gc for this promotion BUT not use them to pay. You can buy but not pay. lol. that's how I remember it.

I was goin to buy their vanilla MC worth $150 to buy my groceries at RCSS but it said on the card, there is goin to be a 5.95 activation fee x 2 so I said not worth it! will prob buy only sdm and other store gc that I normally buy anyways.
    Thanks for letting me know!!

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    The point I am making is that they might not get the 14k+ points that they're expecting. And really if they don't care if they get the 5k pts or not, what's the point of buying $150 worth of gcs all in one transaction? Why not just buy $30? Or 5X $30?

I guess I was wrong to point out the potential problems of combining the SPC with this GC promo. Next time I'll just keep my trap shut.
    Sunraven - I applaud you. You should NOT keep your "trap" shut!

My take on this is WHY people are you getting taken with this offer at all?

$150 worth of Gift cards gets you 5,000 SDM points with this promo and then we have to wait until a certain date in November to get the points awarded. There have been times when, if not watched, the points have not been awarded as promised, and we have to call SDM and then they may manually add them on, or tell us to wait some more.

HOWEVER, if one was to buy $150 worth of gift cards, why not do it this way - buy them in bunches worth $30 - and use the SPC card and coupon. You get 8,000 points right away.

So to make $150, you would have to do 5 transactions - at 8,000 points per transaction, 8,000 points x 5 transactions = 40,000 points! MUCH better than the 5,000 points they are offering, and also better than the maximum 8,000 (using SPC) + 5,000 (this deal) + ? points if you have an SDM mastercard.....
    (I know it may be difficult to do the 5 transactions sometimes, and you may have to go to different cashiers or do your transactions at separate SDMs if they don't let you make all 5 transactions of purchasing $30 worth of cards with each transaction - although I have had no trouble getting this done. The cashiers sometimes get snotty or jealous, but I just ignore them).

Last week, I would buy the $30 SDM gift cards, use SPC coupon, get 8,000 points per transaction, then spend $50, get a $10 gift voucher from SDM (last week's promo from SDM), and use the SPC coupon when paying, and get another 8,000 points. So, 8,000 + 8,000 +5,333 (2/3x8000)plus $10 for a $50 transaction = almost $35 free!!!! (The 5,333 points are because I would spend 2/3 or $20 of the second $30 card).

Clear as mud now? Anyway, I was happy . Getting my holiday shopping and essential items free.

And this week there is also the 20x points on cosmetics - sighhhhh

"Because you want free faster"

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

mhk....I loved the last post...but then I looked at the SPC/SDM coupon:

*Coupon must be presented at the time of purchase along with
    your personal Shoppers Optimum Card®. Offer valid on the
    purchase total of eligible products. One time offer only; limit one
    coupon per customer. Offer is non-transferable. Offer is valid until
    December 3rd, 2010. Not to be used in conjunction with any other
    Shoppers Drug Mart promotions or offers.
    Cashier: Scan the barcode as a regular product and retain
    coupon after use.

So can we print & use this more than once????
    Last edited by worldgirl; Sun, Nov 7th, 2010 at 12:48 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by worldgirl View Post
    I loved the last post...but then I looked at the SPC/SDM coupon:

coupon per customer. Offer is non-transferable. Offer is valid until
    coupon after use.

would be nice if we can use the spc 8000 bp more than once! has anybody tried this???? not sure if the poster above used 5 diff optimum card owned by 5 diff people. too bad its only me and my bf in my household.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Some of us don't have an SPC card. So you could use it to buy gas GC, ect... and get some points.

Too bad they don't sell PC gift cards!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by worldgirl View Post
    mhk....I loved the last post...but then I looked at the SPC/SDM coupon:

coupon per customer.
    Offer is non-transferable. Offer is valid until
    coupon after use.

I'm afraid if we do this more than once, SDM might freeze our accounts, take away the points, who wants that headache?
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

cc is credit card i suppose...even i'm guessing..lol...

SC Fanatic
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how to use these message boards and I messed up this post (can I delete it? lol). What I wanted to say is posted below.
    Last edited by serenebean; Sun, Nov 7th, 2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Made a mistake! Still getting used to the message boards.

SC Fanatic
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    I'm afraid if we do this more than once, SDM might freeze our accounts, take away the points, who wants that headache?
    Can they actually do that? Has anyone ever had that done to them before??

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by serenebean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by serenebean View Post
    YUP! Happened to a few people on this board. Also happened to someone who was trading points.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

Darn, I was going to use the SDM GC's I had to buy Vanilla Mastercards. Oh, well, might try anyhow and use the SPC coupon and get points anyhow. Never know, they might give me the points anyhow, SDM is never too accurate in their promotions anyhow
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a mixture of $150 worth of GCs 15 times to take advantage of the 5000 pt promo.

Although I won't see the 5000 pts for each time, until November 19th (per the fine print) I did see something very unusual - I got 1500 regular points each time. For each transaction I bought 1 SDM GC for $100 and another $50 GC (some Old Navy, lots of ESSO, some Cineplex, some restaurant places).

So it appears I got regular points on both the SDM GCs as well as the other GCs. That was a pleasant surprise.

Now to hope the SDM automatically adds the points so I don't need to call them after Nov 19 to get them to add the points, validating the purchase with each of my 15 receipts and receipt numbers.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidsteph View Post
    I bought a mixture of $150 worth of GCs 15 times to take advantage of the 5000 pt promo.

Although I won't see the 5000 pts for each time, until November 19th (per the fine print) I did see something very unusual - I got 1500 regular points each time. For each transaction I bought 1 SDM GC for $100 and another $50 GC (some Old Navy, lots of ESSO, some Cineplex, some restaurant places).

So it appears I got regular points on both the SDM GCs as well as the other GCs. That was a pleasant surprise.

Now to hope the SDM automatically adds the points so I don't need to call them after Nov 19 to get them to add the points, validating the purchase with each of my 15 receipts and receipt numbers.
    Every time there's a promo for bonus points, you are getting regular points. Other gift cards, lottery etc. If there's a promotion, their system is adding regular points as well.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information