User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever paid attention to how often Zellers gets stock? I was there again today and (no shock) they were out of Oxy pads - so I got a raincheck. This reminded me that I still had greenworks rainchecks there for wipes & corned beef (I got them on Oct 16th), so I went to check if either of the two had been restocked. The Greenworks aisle looked just like it did when I was there on Oct 16th!! The corned beef hadn't been restocked either...

I'm pretty new to couponing/rain checks (I don't know what I was thinking before) so I've never really noticed if things were restocked...how long does it usually take? And will they honour my raincheck if they don't get in new stock until after it is expired?
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Want another way to earn free amazon.ca or amazon.com gift certificates?? I average $15 a week!! You can even cash in for paypal without it "costing" you more points!! Click here to for my blog and ALL the info about Superpoints Make sure to comment for my referal incentives!!

Superpoints invite: http://superpoints.com/refer/Invitetoken Invitetoken

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I held onto a raincheck for a cookie sheet 2 years and they took it.Sometimes they never get something in years ago I got a raincheck for bubble bath.I waited and waited then I was going to Edmonton so I took the raincheck with me I found the bubble bath at the Zellers in West Edmonton Mall and I used my raincheck there no problem.The bubble bath was never in stock in Red Deer.I'm not surprised nothing has moved I once saw boxes of crackers sitting on the baby stuff shelf for over a month.One time I was walking and I saw an old guy straightening the stuff on the shelves in the health and beauty section when I came back stuff was straightened in the front but stuff in the back was still laying on it's side and stuff that didn't belong was still there like Sunlight dishwashing liquid.No matter who owns and runs Zellers they still have the same problem they way way over indulge in stocking seasonal items and never consistently stock everyday items.If you do get a raincheck from Red Deer Zellers and you are going to some other city with a Zellers or passing by a Zellers in another city you can use your raincheck there.A couple of other examples from years ago I had rainchecks I waited 7 months for an extended dog leash and 6 months for ABC laundry detergent.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Nov 14th, 2010 at 03:09 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forgot to mention a couple of times I did get something quite quickly from a raincheck it was tissues and fabric softener sheets but then over a month later Zellers customer service would call and say my items are back in stock and they are at customer service for me to pick up and I would say I say I already got it over a month ago.I have got a calls about something I had on raincheck was now in stock well now I don't want it because I already bought it someplace else probably because a coupon was going to expire if I waited for Zellers.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Nov 14th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Ugh...I was hoping that wasn't the answer, lol!! I will have to just hang onto them and use them in a different city when I get the chance.
    Want another way to earn free amazon.ca or amazon.com gift certificates?? I average $15 a week!! You can even cash in for paypal without it "costing" you more points!! Click here to for my blog and ALL the info about Superpoints Make sure to comment for my referal incentives!!

Superpoints invite: http://superpoints.com/refer/Invitetoken Invitetoken

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my rainchecks give me only 30 days.. and Zellers never calls to tell me anything is in.. had a RC for curtains 10 years ago.. nothing.. peanut butter last summer. .nothing.. thankfully i live a block away so im in often enough to look.. as for our shelves its hit or miss.. if its frequently stocked yes.. if not. meh..
    i even received a RC last christmas when they had a phone on sale.. turns out it was a 'special' and was never going to come back in. so Y did you issue me a RC.. DUH!

Thread Information