User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

my mother told the cashier it's not illegal to use coupons she said they have been around since she was a kid,which the cashier responded you can get into big trouble for useing these.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Is shoppers Drug mart going to hell??? I used to have nothing but good experiences there and lately it has been a gong show most of the time. I have sent legitimate emails to their customer service with reciept evidence and have gotten nowhere. It used to be that at the very least THEY would correct the nasty store experiences, but lately this is not the case either. I sure hope they do something for you, cause my recent experiences have made me not want to shop there unless i have to-and i am an optimum plus member, used to shop there ALL the time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

illiteracy and ignorance go hand in hand.

a cashier tried to refuse my coupons today. i'm not going to divulge too much to save her from more embarrassment. but o boy, she should definitely keep a dictionary handy. after explaining to her the definition of the word found on the coupon and listing its synonyms and antonyms, she grudgingly punched in the coupon values.

PunkRockPrincess davidsprincess's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

that is terrible. i think shes just trying to take advanatge of her, and because she elder thinking she wouldnt know or wouldnt say anything. this is ridiculous. would love to know what they have to say for themselves
    PunkRockPrincess

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WHAT A TERRIBLE Cashier!

Unbelievable!

Maybe she want cheat the valuable coupon from an old lady? After all, doing such an ashamed thing couldn't benefit herself at all!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I feel upset hearing about it!

Somehow lucky old lady, at least she has a beloved daughter to protect her from such vicious fraud!

Can't imagine if an old lady couldn't find someone else to rely on in such circumstance?

Frugal Undergrad
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That's unbelievable....horrible service, I feel so bad for your mom D:
    Clearly that girl didn't know what she was doing AT ALL
    plus I can't believe she actually tried to TAKE the coupon for herself D: she should definitely be reported....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

some cashiers never quit. they are a bunch of control freaks who love making vulnerable customers miserable. they try to make coupon-users guilty as if we're doing something unlawful. don't they know distributing coupons is a way manufacturers get more shoppers to buy their products? have they no clue that couponing is same as collecting points/miles on special reward cards?

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

wow! .. some people just are not very bright .. if anything need to have some of these people retrained on coupons and what is valid and isn't!
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

it might not be store policy but BOOOOOOO on them for hiring and keeping such obviously dopey employees ;p

liars too!

when will the cashier jealousy end *shaking fist in the air*

glad your mom grabbed her coupons and left. glad you phoned and gave them heck
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I received a call from the shoppers head office they apologized and said that it is not the stores policy to not except coupons the manager of the store that my mom went to is going to talk to the employee that was out of line[that's what the rep said anyhow]the rep said that they do not have any policies like she said the only stipulation is that the coupons come from a reputable place and are not expired so that they get there money back,there is no other rules he said,I hoe the manger talks to her and sorts this out thanks for all the comments they have made my mom feel so much better.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

nice to hear of the latest update glenglen. still hope the manager speaks to your mom directly and apologize...and hopefully that cashier doesn't put anyone else through that mess again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is horribly ridiculous. The cashier just made that up. You should call the Head office.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't understand why some cashiers are so ed about coupons, as if it was their money. About 2 weeks ago at shoppers I saw someone I knew in line and he had a buckly's cough medicine bottle to buy. I handed him the coupon for $3 off that I had just taken from the aisle. The cashier saw this. She wouldn't take the coupon because the picture didnt match the product, even though it says "Any Buckly's Adult product". I was a few people back in line and didn't want to make a scene or anything but told her to read the fine print, she glanced at the coupon and still said no, so he paid full price, said goodbye and handed the coupon back and left.

When I got up there, there was nobody in line behind me, I told her to look at the coupon. She said "which part", I said "the words." She read it aloud and finally understood that it wasn't restricted to what she had told my friend it was. She said oh well sorry. I said it wasn't MY money.

Most are good at taking coupons, but there are some cashiers that will fight tooth and nail to refuse to honor a coupon that is blatantly valid. One time a lady questioned every single coupon in a stack of 10 or more I had, even making up rules for some (ie: B1G1=pay for more expensive of the two, or pay the average of both prices (???!) ). After the 3rd or 4th coupon I had to explain to her you'd think she'd get the point and realize that I'm not trying to defraud the store !

e: SHEESH!
    Last edited by floydrocker; Tue, Dec 7th, 2010 at 05:18 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Copying and pasting a previous post of my run with the cashier supervisor from LD:

I have 7 save $3 off of 2 products, 1 save $1 off 1 product, and seven free body wash with purchase of deodorant. I have at the till 15 deodorant and seven body washes. I tried to organize the products into groups. The supervisor was bagging them up and I noticed that she was sometimes putting one deodorant and one body wash into the bag at the same time and I was thinking that's a bit odd but she should know what she is doing as she is taking the $3 off coupon for two items into consideration. Finally all the $3 and $1 is used. I now have left 5 body wash and I think 5 deodorant left on the counter. She starts ringing in the deodorant at the price match cost and taking off the bodywash as per coupon. I say just wait a moment. I have already bought deodorant now I want the bodywash as part of the already rung through items. I tried to show her that the first two body washes she rang through shouldn't have been rung through as I was buying multiples of deodorant as part of the $3 coupons and I would have left 7 body wash and 7 coupons for body wash and the price would be free because I have already more than the required number of deodorants.She says that's not how the coupon works. It's per one deodorant. The first deodorants don't count because I was buying in multiples of two. The 5 left on the counter are the five individual I will now need to purchase in order to get the free body wash and I will have 2 body wash coupons left over.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information