User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

So... after this weekend's mega bonus redemption ($125 + $125 at 2 different stores) my points balance is less than 7000. After the second redemption, I realized I was actually feeling anxious at having such a low balance. The feeling has mostly worn off, but every now and then when I think about it, I'm like

Can anyone else relate? Tell me I'm not alone in this...

Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Dec 5th, 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I just used $250 and still have another that I could use but I found it really hard to get the $250 without wasting it on highly priced things that I really didn't need. My DD's are just 2 and 4 so game systems are not for us yet.I am holding on to see if in the future there is something I really want or need.Sure hope I don't regret not redeeming the second time now. Funny you are anxious that you used them all and I am because I didn't!!LOL!!
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    I just used $250 and still have another that I could use but I found it really hard to get the $250 without wasting it on highly priced things that I really didn't need. My DD's are just 2 and 4 so game systems are not for us yet.I am holding on to see if in the future there is something I really want or need.Sure hope I don't regret not redeeming the second time now. Funny you are anxious that you used them all and I am because I didn't!!LOL!!

That *is* funny But actually, I'm not anxious that I redeemed -- I'm anxious that I only have <7000

I was also feeling *anxious* about not doing the $75/18500 promo to get some points. I'm not usually someone who gets anxious -- look at what Optimum points is doing to me! lol

I have to admit that getting to 95,000 pts feels like a much, much steeper climb than getting to 75,000 (before the July 1 changes). <sigh>

Silk

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Optimum Points will be the death of us all. Stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, panic attacks, ulcers and on and on....

I had to work all day yesterday so I haven't even done my redemption yet (only got enough for $125) and already I'm stressing out about how to get my points back! lol
    Jockey Person to Person® can help you grow personally, professionally and financially... and it all happens by providing women with a better way to shop, dress and live. Check it out!

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

I haven't made a big bonus redemption yet---now your scaring me!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I did two redemptions and only have 8000 points left...seeing that "You can save $10 on your next purchase" freaked me out too...but I will probably rack up the points at the next 20x event because there were a few things that my SDM was sold out of that I still need for x-mas gifts.

My goal for 2011 is for 6 redemptions... this past year is the first year I started doing optimum points and I was able to get 4... so I will likely attend all the points events! Ahaha...
    To earn FREE giftcards join SwagBucks. I've earned $170 in Amazon GC's since January 2010!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've now redeemed for $1575 in merchandise since November of last year. Yesterday, I did a $250 + $125 redemption. I redeemed most of my collected points before the points changeover in July. When I was down to 15,000 points then, I started to worry about building things up again but thought I was being silly, as I had received such great value buying the things I needed originally on sale and with coupons that the points were just extra value (and I got a lot of mileage from them, too.) I figure slow and steady is the best way. Buy when you really need and will use something and it's on for a great price rather than rushing out to buy a zillion travel packs of Huggies wipes or fifty chocolate bars (unless you'd really be buying those items anyway) I like my points to be guilt-free money, so if I was regularly "buying" quantities of things I really didn't need in order to get money back in points, I'd feel like the points I was spending were really the money I had spent. (And, if it were the other way around, I'd never be redeeming my points for those zillion little packs of wipes or fifty chocolate bars to get them for free!)

Don't worry -- the points will be back before you know it. Buy sale groceries at point events, and save for a big redemption before Christmas next year. Last year they seemed to have lots of good point offers on basic necessities in January, so points may be coming your way soon!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's why I try not to spend all my pts, I wouldn't be too happy to be at the bottom having to climb that mountain all over again...especially now without our Plus Member cushion. I think im all set for winter so I don't think I will be shopping at SDM very much until spring.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks everyone! It helps to know I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Silk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Before yesterday my balance was over 470,000 buy now I have about 190,000, it really hurts to see those points gone! SDM is so smart, they get us so addicted and next week is 20x the points, lot of us gonna build up the points again!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm even more anxious! After my yesterday's redemption I have only 1010 points....
    But, on the other hand, I'm happy cause I got free Xmas gifts for family

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

It is difficult. I actually winced when the cashier circled my current point total and exclaimed "That's puny!" She laughed...and, so, I had to. But it felt weird.
    wendymac

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

i have only 650 points left LOL
    Get FREE Amazon gift cards and Paypal @ Superpoints http://superpoints.com/refer/mipip Don't forget to fill out your basic profile

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Feel the same. I barely had a little bit over 95000 yesterday morning before my redemption. Now, I have so little. My mind is wrapped around how to GET more points fast for next redemption. Feel like a full time job!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I've now redeemed for $1575 in merchandise since November of last year. Yesterday, I did a $250 + $125 redemption. I redeemed most of my collected points before the points changeover in July. When I was down to 15,000 points then, I started to worry about building things up again but thought I was being silly, as I had received such great value buying the things I needed originally on sale and with coupons that the points were just extra value (and I got a lot of mileage from them, too.) I figure slow and steady is the best way. Buy when you really need and will use something and it's on for a great price rather than rushing out to buy a zillion travel packs of Huggies wipes or fifty chocolate bars (unless you'd really be buying those items anyway) I like my points to be guilt-free money, so if I was regularly "buying" quantities of things I really didn't need in order to get money back in points, I'd feel like the points I was spending were really the money I had spent. (And, if it were the other way around, I'd never be redeeming my points for those zillion little packs of wipes or fifty chocolate bars to get them for free!)

Don't worry -- the points will be back before you know it. Buy sale groceries at point events, and save for a big redemption before Christmas next year. Last year they seemed to have lots of good point offers on basic necessities in January, so points may be coming your way soon!
    Part of me says you're right, Minou. But part of me says, how the heck am I going to get my points back up? I do have an MC Optimum card, so that helps, but actually I don't have a lot of monthly expenses that I can charge -- and if I can charge I always do, unless the amount is tiny.

I rarely shop at SDM unless it's during a points events. Their prices are so high (especially the one closest to me) that I would rather go to Zellers and pm and get my 10% spc discount. I figure if I pay more when I shop just to get optimum points, then I'm defeating the whole idea.

I don't have diapers or formula to buy or children to shop for, don't have much in the way of Rx/s that I can use gift cards on, don't need much in the way of bus tickets. I only buy groceries there occasionally because my local store is too small to have a real food section and so they do not participate in the food flier promos. The item that was my go-to for 20x/pts events and bonus redemptions was discontinued earlier this year.

One thing I can do, though, is to charge most of my things on the Optimum MC. I started splitting my charges among 3 different charge cards this year. -- I discovered free groceries at Provigo which I really like (the first 2 redemptions were easy due to promo points when I signed up for the card).

I did do 4 full redemptions this year (2 before July 1), so I guess I'm getting points somehow! I did a bunch of 20x/ pts event but now I'm wondering, what the heck did I buy during those events?! lol

Anyway, I'm sure it will be ok. Everything happens the way it's suppose to (Let us pause briefly to meditate - Ohm... )

And yes, I will make sure to have enough points for a mega redemption next Christmas. But I wouldn't be surprised if SDM does one before that -- otherwise people will hoard their points till then! lol

Silk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information