User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My rexall offers Airmiles only not aroplan (although I occasionally get juice there with aeroplan miles on it) - they are not the same
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rexall in Alberta does Aeroplan. Safeway does Airmiles.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

If you like doing suveys this company rewards you with airmiles....

http://www.airmilesopinions.ca/
    Last edited by aussie; Sun, Dec 19th, 2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: wrong link...
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been collecting Air Miles for years. So far, I have sent my son & his new wife on a cruise for their honeymoon. I have traded my Air Miles in for Best Western Gift Cards that I have used to off-set our trips to Ireland and Copenhagen. This year, I am cashing in my Air Miles for Marlin Travel Gift Cards that will help pay for most of our Danube Riverboat Cruise. I get most of my Air Miles by buying bonused products at Metro and Rexall. I also convert my HBC points to Air Miles. Never use them for air flights as the taxes they charge in cash are almost as much as what you should play for the flight!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by boldjack View Post
    ok i don't shop at rexall I heard people getting airmiles from there. Don't they offer aeromiles instead of airmiles??? are they the same???? I just signed up for the aeroplan miles and the two cards aren't the same. Aeroplan is orange in color.

Rexall in Ontario offers Airmiles; I've seen that Rexalls in some other provinces offer Aeroplan..so what you get will be based on where you live.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Rexall in Alberta does Aeroplan. Safeway does Airmiles.
    I wish Rexall would give Aeroplan in ON instead of useless Air Pesos, errrr I mean Air Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by RMurp007 View Post
    Never use them for air flights as the taxes they charge in cash are almost as much as what you should play for the flight!
    I stopped collecting Air Pesos once they tried charging me $225 in taxes/fees along with 1100 Air Pesos for a YYZ-LGA (New York) air ticket that I could buy outright for $310 at Air Canada.
    Last edited by travelgeek; Wed, Dec 22nd, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by baggypants View Post
    As with all the other points/miles plans, combine coupons with Metro/PharmaPlus/Safeway Airmile promotions to reduce the amount spent to get the Airmiles.

Read through SC Airmile brags and Deal postings to get great advice.

Also, watch for little deals posted where what you buy is almost free when you factor in the Airmiles.

Here are some of my recent posts for examples:

Bought 15 NYC nailpolishes and 3 NYC eyeliners and 1 Kitkat (to bring it up to $30!!)...total spent $35.22...used a $10 Gift coupon free from Country Style...$25 GC free from Airmiles...total OOP 22 cents...got 150 product Airmiles, 30 Bonus Airmiles and 2 regular Airmiles...enough to redeem for another $25 Gift Card!!

Again, the NYC nail polish at $1.29..buy 3 get 20 airmiles works out to $3.87 for 20 airmiles...works out to $15.48 for $10 worth of airmiles...good deal!!<!-- GAL -->

And watch for storewide deals where you spend x amount to get x Airmiles, use coupons to lower the x amount to maximize your airmiles and do it several times (as allowed!!). There have been several this month from Rexall (Spend $50/ get 100 Airmiles, etc.)

One SC member stated she hasn't spent any money out of pocket at Rexall PharmaPlus since she started collecting Airmiles and trading for giftcards (my goal for 2011!!)

Good luck and keep us posted with your Airmiles successes and strategies!!

baggypants
    Yes, and at Rexall, you can use FPCs on bonus airmile deals to bring down your total however base airmiles are based on your final total

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nikole.957 View Post
    Yes, and at Rexall, you can use FPCs on bonus airmile deals to bring down your total however base airmiles are based on your final total
    same goes for Sobeys too!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Where Sobeys have airmiles, here it is just club sobeys, but also true for Metro here
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information