User Tag List

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

So I am looking for a good stylist. Have not found anyone that wows me yet.

Price is negotiable, I will pay more for someone that can make me look and feel gorgeous. Also willing to travel.

I recently bought a Groupon for a "high end" salon and the girl hacked my hair.

Hoping to get a refund. I stupidly tipped way too high as they had a million signs everywhere telling you how mush to tip and I felt kind of bullied into it.

Anyway, so I am looking for the most fabulour hairdresser of anyone knows where they are!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Keep it carbed......

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your hack job!

If you don't mind traveling to downtown Vancouver, I highly recommend Chura on Howe Street. It's a Japanese salon, and it's $28 for a wash, massage, cut, blow dry and style. I have been having my hair cut there for quite a few years and have always been very happy with the results.
    Last edited by Junerose; Sun, Jan 23rd, 2011 at 07:16 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junerose View Post
    Sorry to hear about your hack job!

If you don't mind traveling to downtown Vancouver, I highly recommend Chura on Howe Street. It's a Japanese salon, and it's $28 for a wash, massage, cut, blow dry and style. I have been having my hair cut there for quite a few years and have always been very happy with the results.
    I know which place you got hacked at after reading the reviews, decided to forgo my Groupon coupon and go to my usual place which happens to be Chura. It's probably still cheaper that I did that...oh well, lesson learned for me, don't go into the unknown territory of "deals of the day"

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kk008 View Post
    I know which place you got hacked at after reading the reviews, decided to forgo my Groupon coupon and go to my usual place which happens to be Chura. It's probably still cheaper that I did that...oh well, lesson learned for me, don't go into the unknown territory of "deals of the day"
    Hey, I found that Groupon is quite good with customer service. If you call or email them and let them know you did not book an appointment after hearing bad things, you can see if they'll give you a refund. I got a refund on a salon that was booked up way in advance of the expiry, ok only two weeks, but I called at the last minute and couldn't get in, so Groupon refunded my money. Worth a try!

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Yes groupon is great, I had a bad experience trying to book with a photographer with my groupon. I sent groupon an email and gave me a full refund right away.

ErinMommy
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

tat...at stratoshpere hair..shes amazing cut and colour 160 worth every penny!

Daily Deal Hunter!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would try to go on Yelp.ca and review some salons before going in. A lot of the salons I have seen on Groupon, Teambuy, Snaggies, etc. tend to sometimes get bad reviews and what not.

Hence, go to Yelp and read up.. it is really informative. That said, daily deal websites are awesome for getting deals on things such as salons. Can't beat 50+% Off.

Thread Information