User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've places 3 Chapters orders in the last few weeks and bought something at the store. I'm usually an amazon purchaser as it is usually cheaper, but bought one kiiji voucher and then discovered the debit code and now I'm hearing about aeroplan miles. We've had a chapters card in the past but don't anymore. Do you have to sign in through an Aeroplan affiliate link to get the Aeroplan miles or can you attach your number to your account.

What else do I not know about Aeroplan points - is there a thread I should check. We earn Aventura points (similar to Avion but I think it costs me more points to fly) with our CC instead, but have since wiped out a lot of our Aeroplan points and trying to find ways to rebuild. I know about Esso, Tropicana/Quaker and the Nestle Halloween boxes. I also go bonus points for transferring some Aventura to Aeroplan.

Thanks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

to earn aeroplan miles from chapters you need to first sign in through aeroplan's estore link.

although aventura and aerogold are essentially the same cards, the disadvantage of aventura is that you can only transfer points to aeroplan in blocks of 10000 miles. I much prefer aerogold.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks. I switched to Aventura during a time of frustration in trying to book tickets with Aeroplan. The leg from Newfoundland can make it difficult unless you book early. When you switch to Aventura, your Aeroplan stay where they are and you start earning Aventura. I now have a lot of Aventura but if I switch back to Aerogold, they get rid of you Aventura account and switch your points into Aeroplan. But I would like to have Aventura when I want to go somewhere on short notice.

I just didn't realize that they have a range of points. For example tickets to Hawaii are 40000 with Aeroplan and start at 40 000 for Aventura with max price of $1000 but, it is actually 60000 points if you are needing $1000. So if tickets for me are $1100 plus taxes/fees it would be 60000 points plus $100 plus taxes/fees. Now if you can't get a regular Aeroplan seat, they end up trying to book you on one that is over 100000 in points, so in that case Aventura works out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That makes sense

One thing to mention, if it costs 60000 aventura to go to hawaii, you might want to first check out if aeroplan has availability. you are not limited to Air Canada flights, but also United/US Airways/Continental or a combination of any of those. 60000 aeroplan is good for a reward ticket in business class.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks - I did eventually book two on Aeroplan after months of trying to figure something out. I may have to buy the other two, or buy one and Aventura one. The problem was DH was leaving 5 days earlier to go to Edmonton on business and the kiddos can't fly alone and you can't buy the wacky itinerary Aeroplan wants you to take. So since Aeroplan allows a stopover we are all going to Edmonton en route.

Thread Information