User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

In Canada, you can obtain your credit report from either Equifax or TransUnion.
    Are there major differences between these two credit bureaus and does anyone have any tips/advice on checking your credit score?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think they are the same, though we've only used Equifax.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They're not quite the same. Transunion's usually a bit more thorough.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marchBB View Post
    In Canada, you can obtain your credit report from either Equifax or TransUnion.
    Are there major differences between these two credit bureaus and does anyone have any tips/advice on checking your credit score?

Thanks!
    Both Equifax & TransUnion try to rip of the consumers by trying to charge them a fee for requesting or checking their own credit .

You can get a basic Credit report from them for FREE if you want ..It might not have your credit score in it but the FREE report is still pretty detailed & more than enough

So If you don't want to pay follow the links below ..ofcourse if you want to pay they have different products available between $ 15 to $ 25 to get it instantly online as opposed to the FREE basic report you get in mail

TransUnion : ( Free Report )

http://www.transunion.ca/ca/personal...losure_en.page

Equifax : ( Free Report )

http://www.equifax.com/home/en_ca

Click on free credit file below

Other Credit Services

You can receive a free credit file disclosure from Equifax Canada Inc. via Canada Post
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Dec 31st, 2010 at 11:04 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I recently had my credit score checked at a bank, was sad to see my score so low. I sent away all the required info to Equifax,and they sent me pages of stuff on my credit, it was very detailed. but when i was reading it i found a number of errors on it. I called the number and talked to a very friendly customer service lady, who answered all my questions and fixed the errors, all in 5 mins. I was very happy, and it was quick. they are also sending me a revised report with all the errors fixed. The only that sucks is that i have to do it all over again with Transunion. As equifax wont share that info with them.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad it worked out so well for you Jayne. It's wise to check your bureau a couple times a year for errors like those and also for identity theft.
    Also it's good to keep in mind to avoid excessive applications for credit. Every time your credit is checked by a company, your rating drops.

Thread Information