User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

OMG!! You look fantastic! You just inspired me to do it , lol
    I too need to lose weight, about 60 lbs would be nice, I could live with that...is it the Atkins diet? Is there something I can use as a guideline, I am a visual person and I need to see/read it basically step by step...I WAS going to do weighwatchers, the points system, but maybe I will do this instead...

Question:
    I hate sugar and don't really eat much carbs to begin with, I maybe eat carbs like rice/pasta/bread/potatoes a couple times a week, and never white starches...always whole wheat...based on this, do you think I am still a candidate for the low carb lifestyle or should I do something else? My main thing is I skip breakfast and lunch 90% of the time and I eat dinner...which is mainly veggies and just a bit of meat....
    Congratulations, you look amazing!
    And a personal question but you can pm me the response, when you lost all the weight, did your skin stay loose, meaning did you have to have "tucks" to get rid of all the excess skin because you lost so much, or did it just go back to normal....my fear is that the extra skin where there was flab will remain and then it will be all Jello-y
    Last edited by Litesandsirens911; Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Wow, congratulations!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    OMG!! You look fantastic! You just inspired me to do it , lol
    I too need to lose weight, about 60 lbs would be nice, I could live with that...is it the Atkins diet? Is there something I can use as a guideline, I am a visual person and I need to see/read it basically step by step...I WAS going to do weighwatchers, the points system, but maybe I will do this instead...

Question:
    I hate sugar and don't really eat much carbs to begin with, I maybe eat carbs like rice/pasta/bread/potatoes a couple times a week, and never white starches...always whole wheat...based on this, do you think I am still a candidate for the low carb lifestyle or should I do something else? My main thing is I skip breakfast and lunch 90% of the time and I eat dinner...which is mainly veggies and just a bit of meat....
    Congratulations, you look amazing!
    And a personal question but you can pm me the response, when you lost all the weight, did your skin stay loose, meaning did you have to have "tucks" to get rid of all the excess skin because you lost so much, or did it just go back to normal....my fear is that the extra skin where there was flab will remain and then it will be all Jello-y
    hehehe! no worries, i have no shame in posting about my jiggly & hangy bits! honestly, yes...there are places i have to tuck in. if you look at my current pics you'll probably notice my "bat wings" and i have a little tummy pouch. maybe it's tmi, but boy cut undies are good at tucking that bad boy in

if you want to a low carb diet along the lines of atkins, you will have to stop your starch & sugar. even if it is only a few times a week. no cereal for brekkie, no sandwiches for lunch and no pasta for dinner....you get the idea! many people balk at the idea of cutting these items out of their diet, but it is really NOT that hard. after awhile taking that bun off your burger is just second nature!

if you decide this is a route you want to go, i would start off with the book "new atkins diet for a new you". it is the newest and most liberal atkins plan.

Momof3heathens,

yep, that's me! great to see a lcf here on smartcaucks

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Great job & congrats =)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amy you look fantastic!

As a low carber, at the beginning, just eat the following: cheese, eggs and meat in unlimited quantities, and for lunch and dinner have a salad with your meat of choice.
    Thats it, thats all....do that for 2 weeks, then slowly, very slowly, start adding some more carbs (finn crisps if you REALLY miss bread, berries....anything low glycemic)
    So a sample day would be breakfast: eggs and bacon, lunch, I always had a hamburger pattie, with cheese, and bacon, and a salad...snacks were always cheese....dinner was a chicken ceasar...with bacon....
    Atkins is my approach...I mean if Im cutting out bread and sugar, I WILL have deep fried chicken wings instead! lol.
    After the first two weeks, I actually, had a flat stomach. I mean flat. In the staring at yourself in the mirror for an hour naked kind of way! its just amazing...sugar and carbs just sat on me...I looked pregnant previously.
    I lost 25 pounds because thats all I needed...but Amy take it away....not hijacking your post I swear! I am a HUGE low carb advocate and get very excited when people want to discuss!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Amy you look amazing! Contests to you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Melaniegreness click the link to sign up and search the web. You can earn things like free gift cards!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nandiva416 View Post
    Amy you look fantastic!

As a low carber, at the beginning, just eat the following: cheese, eggs and meat in unlimited quantities, and for lunch and dinner have a salad with your meat of choice.
    Thats it, thats all....do that for 2 weeks, then slowly, very slowly, start adding some more carbs (finn crisps if you REALLY miss bread, berries....anything low glycemic)
    So a sample day would be breakfast: eggs and bacon, lunch, I always had a hamburger pattie, with cheese, and bacon, and a salad...snacks were always cheese....dinner was a chicken ceasar...with bacon....
    Atkins is my approach...I mean if Im cutting out bread and sugar, I WILL have deep fried chicken wings instead! lol.
    After the first two weeks, I actually, had a flat stomach. I mean flat. In the staring at yourself in the mirror for an hour naked kind of way! its just amazing...sugar and carbs just sat on me...I looked pregnant previously.
    I lost 25 pounds because thats all I needed...but Amy take it away....not hijacking your post I swear! I am a HUGE low carb advocate and get very excited when people want to discuss!
    no problem! it's great to have someone else back up my claims LOL!

congrats to you! your menu looks pretty similar to mine

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Amy, you look amazing!

You look so happy & healthy, and your skin is just glowing.

Congratulations!

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Amy, you look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Congrats on the weight loss.

I started my weight loss journey around this time last year and I was down 60 pounds by summer. I did it by cutting calories but I feel like whatever weight loss way works for you and feels right, then perfect!

I just started back on my diet today after my "Christmas break" and hope to lose 20+ more pounds by summer. You have totally inspired me again!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Truly inspiring. Both my husband and I are gonna try to do this together. I hope we can be just as successful at it.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You look awesome. Congratulations. It takes a lot of will power to lose the weight you did. Keep up the good work.

Did Someone Say SALE?!?
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

WOW! That's a fantastic accomplishment! YOU LOOK MAAAAAHVELOUS!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

holy crow... this is really something to think about. I always thought eating too much meat was bad for you. Can I eat whole wheats instead of cutting carbs out completely? I'll definitely try to eat less though.
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Papillon, here is a GREAT article about recent studies on diet & heart disease.

whole wheats are a no-no.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...against-cardio

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by justamy View Post
    Papillon, here is a GREAT article about recent studies on diet & heart disease.

whole wheats are a no-no.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...against-cardio
    Really? Cause I would have thought whole wheat was good for you. Certainly better than white? No?
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information