User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Can I just say, do NOT move into the manor park estates homes.

We moved in last september (2009) , and by last june (2010) we were finding droppings everywhere. Now, I have a small dog who already has health problems, the last thing he needs is to get bit by something. We called manor park, and it took them 3 months to send an exterminator. Who, in the end realized IT WAS RATS. No, not only 1, we had an infestations, and he said mostly all the houses had one too.
    Then my brother, who lives in manor park found a bunch in his garage (we had a basement style house) and they were hearing them in the walls. And he has young baby too.
    So, a few months ago I was sleeping and one jumped on my face from the window sill. Which led me to slip into a depression, because thats all I could think about. Not to mention on multiple occasions I'd be sitting on the couch and one would walk by. My dog had cornered one actually ( funny story - I have a rabbit, and he loves her , so we were thinking he thought the rat was a rabbit, obviously not mine.. but another ) and just stared at it, and I was walking by and saw him staring under the radiator, and sure enough, he had one in there with his tail wrapped around itself. UGH.
    THEN, we cought one.. and it was dead, and manor park refused to send the exterminator to come pick it up, that it'd be too expensive. This was 2 weeks before we were handing the keys back - we already moved out - so we left it there, my mom called back a week later and said it was smelling , and they still refused to.

Never the less , we moved out, but i'm still paranoid.

NEVER, even look into the manor park houses
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Oh I am sorry to hear that, that's awful! I know here in BC, my best friend had a home built 2 years ago in an upscale wealthy neighborhood, hers was the 1st one in the whole subdivision..now the subdivision has about 8 homes on it, and she was sitting in her livingroom and the dog was staring at the wall vent (I think it's where the forced air heat is)...anyways she had no idea why until her DH went into the craawlspace through a closet in the livingroom to get the Christmas tree out...it is completely (or so she thought) sealed from the outside, as it is a full concrete foundation, and there were 2 rats in there!UGH!! No wonder the dog was staring at the vent all the time! The DH got traps but they spoke to an exterminator, and he said that because of all the new homes being built the rats were being displaced, and therefor finding new "homes"..yuck
    I just found a rat outside near my recycling this morning, its -6* out and we live on acreage, I feel bad for the rat but I don't want a rat problem either, DH is getting traps this week.

I hope you are no longer depressed about the rat problem, that would have been traumatic living with rats IN your house.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The depression i'm getting help for

most rats have rabies, tell your friend be careful, and you yourself, no homing a mini-kugo
    Last edited by Brandy Hunter; Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011 at 06:17 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gross! I hope all is ok now at the new house! I am terriffed of mice so i know how you feel. Hopefully you dont have any more rats in your future.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

That's awful! I would have freaked out with rats in the house!! UGH!!
    I'm glad you moved out and hopefully the new place is much better!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh it is It's SOO quiet and nice. Thank you

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Happy to hear that you found the "Home" ... infestation of any pest could be very traumatic..

Free Amazon Gift Cards/Paypal $$ -Join Swagbucks now!! Get $50/month just by searching .. Message me for tips

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Naanu

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I lived there in a rowhome on St laurent about 4 yrs ago and left at the end of a yr lease due to many issues. Funny that they complained about the old LEGAL fixed tagged etc pitbull while the rats were bigger than him!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

wow. thanks for sharing that.. we are looking for houses and Manor Park was on our list.. I will now cross it off.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawagurl20 View Post
    wow. thanks for sharing that.. we are looking for houses and Manor Park was on our list.. I will now cross it off.
    They're rude. One girl in the office told off the mold inspector (he's the one who first said it was an infestation - then the exterminator) and said he didn't know what he was talking about when he told them we had mold and asbestos

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to live in this neighbourhood in 1999 until 2001. I had noticed some in the basement running across some wires. I guess I was happy to move away from there.

The management has always been rude and cheap unfortunately. They have a large amount of property but it's not going to be worth much if they don't take better care of it. I had also seen a news report about the rat infestation last year.

Thread Information