User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you had to choose, would you rather Trainyards or Orleans?

I have bad memories at Trainyards (passing out in the check out line), but i'd still prefer it. The one in Orleans is way to big, and the grocery is overpriced, so that is uneeded. Unless your one of those people who likes to get everything in one place.. which i'm not, loll
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to say Orleans but both stores I have issues with. I go to the train yards from time to time for quick things but the store is always a mess. Yep Orleans can be over priced and what makes me NUTS about that store is they start carrying a certain product and you go back a week later and they no longer have it. It's like they run out and never restock. I really don't like the meats either. I do not like meats that are in that black packaging and you really cannot see what your buying. On 3 occasions from the Orleans store I bought meat , got it home and it was past bad with not past dates. I called them and spoke to the manager and he was really no help . Told me to bring the items back each time it happens. I said to him look I don't live in Orleans..I live a 1/2 hour away. We will reimburse you $ 10.00's with a gift card he said for the spare ribs. I said no thanks. What I should have done was called the head office.
    The store can be mobbed and even though there are 20 registers...4 are open. When we are asked " Did you find everything you need today" ? Our answer is always NO. Plus all we ever see is people walking around and talking..never stocking and never clean up messes from broken bottles in the isles.
    Yeah I do like to do most of my shopping in one place. I'm the just go and get it over with type but I have stopped buying a lot of things in Orleans. Meats I will go to Farm Boy. At least there I can see what I am getting, its fresh and they are always stocking up when there is a sale.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Trainyards, I'll say....every time I mention Trainyards, the people I talk to have no idea that entire shopping center even exists!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For a super store as they call it in Orleans..it's really not. Funny last night we were in the Orleans one and the woman at the register was not hitting the button for the belt to go down. To the point with the huge gap so my hubby asked to please to hit it seeing we had a cart full and people behind us. She gave that "huh" look and my husband had to point to the button. It gets better ! I handed her 2 coupons from the start with the products. 1 was a 50 cents off Charmin and the other the free Glad garbage bags. She had no idea how to enter them . This is the kicker...a kid about 19 came over to show her how and turns out...hold on..here we go...She was a manager ! We walked away in awe. I thought to be any manager you needed to know all jobs when you work on the floor there?
    I know there are people there that do their job and do them well but too often I see so many just talking in isles while leaning on a shelf.
    I like the fact in Orleans there are lots of stores but the chaos in that area can be insane.
    The Train Yards are really picking up with great stores and restaurants. If they would build a super store there..I would shop closer for some of my groceries. The Train Yards really don't have a big variety. Hopefully in the future they will. It will save on gas etc. lol

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I'd said Orleans only because I find trainyards to be really dark, dingy and kinda messy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I prefer the Trainyards as it is closest but don't mind going to Orleans occasionally.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i would have to say that the trainyard walmart makes me made each time I go in. always something not price right and then it take 1/2hr for them to fix it, and this one really gets me mad you bring nothing back at night after 9 because they don't have staff for returns but they are all standing and talking away. But because I can only go to walmart a lot of the times after 9 I go to the trainyard because its not far from home and in Quebec they all close at 9pm

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Orleans. No question. Last time I went to Trainyards I spent half an hour arguing with the cashier, who was unable to comprehend that 2 for $1 was not the same as $1 each. Her supervisor was equally clueless. Never again!

I actually submitted a written complaint to Walmart Canada about that experience. Come to think of it, they never responded...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maria..That is pathetic that they didn't get back to you with a written letter. You would think writing the head office would have gotten an e-mail or something. I know all the times I complained to the stores themselves I have been fluffed off.

2 for $1.00...wow that's really hard to figure out. Good grief!

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22 View Post
    Maria..That is pathetic that they didn't get back to you with a written letter. You would think writing the head office would have gotten an e-mail or something. I know all the times I complained to the stores themselves I have been fluffed off.

2 for $1.00...wow that's really hard to figure out. Good grief!
    Yup, truly pathetic. Mind you, I expect little more from Walmart...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You hope to but it's amazing on how many people work there that really have no clue. I made a post last week or so on this topic that I had a manager at the register and someone having to help her with coupons. Not like she had to go fishing for the products either cause they were the 1st things on the belt with the coupons sitting on top of them. How does a manager not know how to do this? I mean they train the cashiers!
    I shop biweekly in the Orleans store. Very rare do I ever go to the Train Yards. If they were to open a super store there and got a lot more organized I would shop there since it's 10 minutes away and Orleans is about a 1/2 hr.

Thread Information