User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coupon Doubling

Vacation over too soon! winkerstones's Avatar
    Trading Score
    283 (100%)

Not to be confused with Coupon Stacking - but are there any stores in Canada that have a Double Coupon Amount Day.

After listening to the "Extreme Couponers" on TLC tonight, it seems that they can double the coupon amount in certain stores in the US. Does anyone know if we can do this anywhere in Canada.

I figure my SmartCanuck friends will know the answer to this and share.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

In BC we have triple coupon day once in a blue moon at Quality Foods, but they are an independant grocer on Vancouver Island...it used to be every single Wednesday when I first started couponing 16 years ago, lol

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    In BC we have triple coupon day once in a blue moon at Quality Foods, but they are an independant grocer on Vancouver Island...it used to be every single Wednesday when I first started couponing 16 years ago, lol

i've never heard of this!! and i live on van island!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

i just moved "back" to the island (moved away 10 years ago) but damn i wish that was still around!
    ~ SwagBucks ~
    Total Coupon Savings Since Nov.17,2010:$4760.11

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At our CO-OP store they will double coupons up to $1 on Thursdays only. Not sure if that is for all Co-ops though.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

How do you know when quality foods does this? Is there one in duncan? thankyou.

Saving money is my goal..
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I live pretty close to the border does anyone know which grocery stores double in Bellingham or the lower mainland.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

apparently they don't double in Washington State (I did some research on this a few months back, as I live 5 min. from the border.)

However, if you get the American coupon inserts, you can get 'freebies 'when stores do sales, ex. an item on sale for $1 minus a $1 coupon; lots of sites post info. on this.

(I'm thinking of going across on Sundays for the coupon inserts, and then doing a Bellingham trip once a month for deals.)

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

i was wondering the same thing. I wish Canada would be more like the u.s. in terms of coupons. I hear london drugs you can stack coupons in Ontario stack but no london drugs close enough.I have heard of double coupon day once last year i think,i do not recall which store ( one not in my area of course) i think it was rcss or london drugs,something like that.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I'm inquiring about that myself!!
    Next time I go down there I plan to spend some more time just browsing and looking for coupons in the newsparers there...
    let me know if you find something too

Quote Originally Posted by tish View Post
    I live pretty close to the border does anyone know which grocery stores double in Bellingham or the lower mainland.
    Learn to use Swagbucks - easy - HERE
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Vacation over too soon! winkerstones's Avatar
    Trading Score
    283 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm thinking of writing to some of the big stores and asking them to consider this practice. Maybe if a lot of us do this we might get some action. Why shouldn't we have this here too.

Saving money is my goal..
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Thanks Barbs! I too called all the US grocery stores with no success. I did find out that Target stacks when you print their coupons off their website and combine it with a mfg coupon. It seems like a lot of work to me... when they offer the similar products to LD

KELOWNA SINCE 1990 ILUVMYPUGTOADIE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Apparently Zellers in BC used to do it once in a blue moon... (or once a year)
    I think I'll make a note in my SC notebook to call them next week. I'll post back here and let you know there reply, If I get one right away. DOUBLING would be sweet!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tish View Post
    Thanks Barbs! I too called all the US grocery stores with no success. I did find out that Target stacks when you print their coupons off their website and combine it with a mfg coupon. It seems like a lot of work to me... when they offer the similar products to LD
    apparently many/most US stores allow you to use one in-store/one manufacturer's coupon at a time, so if the item is on sale for $2, then - $1- $1, it's a freebie. So, there is some potential for deals.

I'm interested in trying to coupon shop in the US if it's doesn't involve too much time/effort/hassles on my behalf. Also, I'm fairly frugal, and only really interested in freebies or almost freebies. I can get toiletries/cleaners at LD for free, I don't like most processed foods & the US products are full of high-fructose corn syrup, plus I don't really want to spend money buying US papers to get some coupons I may or may not use.

Right now, I'm at the 'info-gathering' stage.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is anyone aware of stores in Ontario in the GTA that occasionally have double coupon days??? My Aunt in BC has a store that does and I am jealous!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information