User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

our local cashiers are actually pretty good about coupons, try walmart for your first coupon shop, they are super easy about coupons as long as you are really using them on the right products
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Nik
    Female
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Thanks for the tip - I will see if I get the courage this week!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

WM, SDM, and FB have been the best for me, no frills the lady was so rude all because I wanted a price match, I had a coupon she didn't want to put through and she called the manager. Manager said " uh I don't think we're supposed to take these on a price match, but whatever makes the customer happy" other cashier was so rude, litterly throwing my belongings down the belt.. I only had ONE pm and ONE coupon, jesus! Lady at SDM though was amazed with my coupon organizer and the huge mountian I pulled out of my purse to find one, but I saved $17 today because of it not including MIR, and I got half my money back today in optimum points, woooo!!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

yeah I am not a huge fan of NF and typically price match their items at Walmart or Zellers. The downtown NF is a bit better than the Guelph Line one in my experience and have been getting better (in fact they even let me use two one per customer coupons once)

I have had the no coupon with price matching thing at Walmart and Zellers too, usually I just ask for a manager and they confirm I can PM and use a coupon and if they say no I just say I am happy to go to that store then
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

NF was my worst experience by far, but I think the lady was just a beyond miserable person.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

yeah, there are just better places to shop but you can't beat their dollar sales and WM will only let you PM six items now
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

hi rain4ever I see you looking
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Fortinos are good about coupons too (at least Plains Rd & Appleby Mall are, I don't often go to the Guelph Line one)

Food Basics barely look at them, just type them in

Some of the WM cashiers read them 20 times. I used 5 identical coupons last week, she read every word of each one lol but they usually accept them without issue (and are the ones who take printables without a problem)

Longos and Metro are good too, we are fairly lucky with our stores, sometimes I have to ask for a manager because the cashier isnt sure of something but that usually sorts the issue
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Good to know, I almost never shop at Longos, Fortinos or Metro, they're just too out of the way and soo expensive. Longos was good for produce though, I find even sobeys had spoiled produce tucked away with the fresh stuff all the time, ick,

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I used to think they were expensive but they have some good deals and the meat at Longos just seems so much fresher than other stores.

I go to Fortinos if there is stuff I can get free/cheap but rarely for regular shopping (I went last week to get the $3 cereal coupons and Wonder SF bread lol).

Metro always has lots of coupons, I am not totally against just going coupon shopping lol plus if you use coupons on their BOGO weekends, you can pick up some good deals plus I get free groceries there using Airmiles
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

DH thinks coupon shopping is wrong and am developing a problem by doing such things. He will be stuck in a hospital for 5 hrs tomorrow so there will be no stopping me, muwahahaha

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

haha I remember those days

Actually mine is still not a fan of stockpiling, he wants to know why we have 20 packages of spaghetti and if he will be eating it all month
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Heh.. He won't let me stock pile! However, when I got him 3 Gilette body washes, Reg. $5.99, for $1.10 each, he was incrediably happy. So it's ok if it's something he truely likes. But we discussed when I'm shopping if it's affordable and we have the option to spend $3, or nothing, and have whatever amount of an item for 3-6 months, isn't it worth it? As appose to spending 10x more later down the road, he sees it as dollars and cents, hence why I'm adding EVERYTHING I buy with a coupon, and how much it was for on sale, etc.. and I'm going to show him at the end of the year what we saved. When we did shoppers the other day, we tecnically got Neutrogena kit, Crest White Strips, Olay moisturizer and his $150 philips razor for $120, he didn't understand how I spent more, but then got money back on the points. I think the grand total came to $250 and after MIR, Coupons, and $60 in points, it'll be $120.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

My Fiance has come to terms that I have started a stock pile and that most of it was free or close to it. He won't have to worry about running out of shaving gel, deoderant or toothpaste anytime soon. LOL... It's my mom that is the problem. When I told her that I was going to start to coupon she told me that it is a sickness and not to fall into the trap that my life will revovle around coupons. Whatever.. LOL.. If she understood the money I have saved in the last 2 weeks.

I haven't had any problems at WM but I usually try to go into the lane with the youngest cashiers. I find the older ones a little more grumpy. FB gave me a hard time using the VH coupons. I had 2 different coupons 1 for $2 off meat when you buy 2 sauces and the other for $2 off 2 sauces. She told me I could use 1 or the other but not both. She called a manager over and told the cashier that it was for 2 different products.

I agree witht eh Longos' and fresh meat and sometimes you can get it cheap. I also love getting their discount bread. I can get a $4 loaf for 99 cents. I just throw it in the freezer!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    btw, Pink & Rain, enter to win a bunch of coupons leftover from the meetup this weekend (or anyone else reading this with less than 5 trades)
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/179196-...-group-canada/

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information