User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hey, I am just curious to see who knows about this disease.

The reason being is that this disease is incurable and vicious, but it has not had the same publicity as I believe it should. Sure a person on the tv show House had it, but other than that I have not seen any real media exposure around it.

I want to spread the word and get support for people who are effected by HD or are presymptomatic (like me).

Another reason is that currently there is a bill in parliament that I would love to get more people behind. This bill is to stop genetic discrimination. This means that for people who are at risk for disease and disorders have equal treatment by employers and insurance companies.

Anyways what do you know about HD? OR do you know anyone who has HD?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I know a bit about it from school, and also from my friend who is presymptomatic and her mother, who has Huntington's.
    I got my beautiful pet kitty after the friend's Mom had to give him up, along with her apartment and its contents to move into a care home. She was just in her very early fifties. I remember her trying to say goodbye to the cat and she could barely pet him, and it was very sad. She asked me to promise I would make sure he could always look out the windows, because that's his favourite. I promised, and brought him here where I've loved him for three years now. She was so very sad to give up her cat and see the contents of her own apartment go.
    Her daughter danced with me, and is excellent at it. She dances her heart out because she doesn't think she has a lot of time to dance.
    How do we support the parliament bill?
    Great post.

Follow me on Pinterest!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

How old is your friend! I am 20 and I am looking for other young adults who had the courage to get tested (because it is the scarriest and most life changing experience).

There is a petiton that people can sign and send it to the government!
    http://www.mikecolle.com/pdf/Documen...rimination.pdf

Thread Information