User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Brand new to couponing and to the site- had some GREAT cereal prices at RCSS today. IM wondering if anyone has tried the $2 Glade coupon at either the Walmart in Duncan, Nanaimo, or any of the Walmarts in Victoria?
    My wife and I would love to print some out and try them but we're wondering if anyone has had sucess yet! Would appreciate any help for a newbie!

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

if it's the one from their website , yes you can use it there...I used one yesterday
    They may still have the Christmas Glade on sale 75% off over by the garden center, and you can also use coupons on those items...I got some room freshener and candles for free a week or so with different coupons.(in Duncan)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thats awesome!!!
    So just to be sure, I print off a $2 off coupon for each glade product I get and then because they are all $1 or less, then the remainder of the 'coupon' value goes towards the rest of my other purchases......is that about it?
    Did you just go to a cashier or did you have to go to customer service?

ps: We went to RCSS today and they PM'd the Walmart price on Kellog's cereal PLUS we used the get $3 off when u buy 3 coupon. Got 12 boxes for $8 or so- AWESOME!

BTW thank you so much for all the help we appreciate it!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

thats excellent about the cereal...yes the cashier I had applied the full coupon amount but i only had one coupon...I read on here that others had cashiers who applied the full coupon amount to their purchases as well, but I am assuming it depends on the cashiers...at the Duncan Walmart there is a cashier named Katy, early 20's, spiky short hair, glasses, a little bit fluffy, anyways she is my favorite cashier, she is excellent with coupons.

Have you made a wishlist yet?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So my wife and I tried the glade $2 coupon at WM this morning and had terrible results. The cashier said she had never seen printable coupons, and even though we have a high quality printer and the coupons looked great, they would not scan. She called a manager and told us that she would only be able to use one because the coupon said "one per purchase".

She STILL couldnt get it to work so we told her to forget about it. We asked someone at customer service and she said that we should have been able to use one coupon per product purchased as purchase and transaction are two different things. THEN an older grumpier woman barged in an proceeded to read the details of the coupon loud and slowly like we were all mentally challenged and needed her to interpret the highly technical jargon for us. She then assured us that purchase and transaction were in fact the same word and we would have to go through a seperate time for each coupon we wished to use.

All I can say is you win some you lose some! LOL

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowichan_couponguy View Post
    So my wife and I tried the glade $2 coupon at WM this morning and had terrible results. The cashier said she had never seen printable coupons, and even though we have a high quality printer and the coupons looked great, they would not scan. She called a manager and told us that she would only be able to use one because the coupon said "one per purchase".

She STILL couldnt get it to work so we told her to forget about it. We asked someone at customer service and she said that we should have been able to use one coupon per product purchased as purchase and transaction are two different things. THEN an older grumpier woman barged in an proceeded to read the details of the coupon loud and slowly like we were all mentally challenged and needed her to interpret the highly technical jargon for us. She then assured us that purchase and transaction were in fact the same word and we would have to go through a seperate time for each coupon we wished to use.

the coupons often will not scan in, they have to enter it as a manufacturer coupon, its not like in the states where they can scan all of the coupons in (sadly, in a dream world)

i would keep trying, there are many people at the duncan walmart who won't give you a hassle, and if you find that you get lots of hassles from that store, check out a different store and pm... superstore is one i never had issues with when using coupons, there is actually a manager who works there who uses coupons herself (short haired lady with glasses, tall ) and there is another one there who learned pretty quickly what to do younger, chin length hair and skinny, they were both awesome...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Welcome to the couponing world! It is so much fun! I too am in the Cowichan Valley. I've been couponing for about 5 months. Learnt a lot and kept a record on all my best prices and deals for reference so I know not to ever pay more for a product than its dirt cheapest price or free! You're welcome to read my blog - not very exciting but mostly a record of the best deals I've found in the local grocery stores and London Drugs. You can use it as a reference if you like to know if something's a good deal. I only started it about a week ago. You'll have to go to the first post for my huge list of prices and coupons to use. Take care.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Stacking ninja....Hija!!! nottinkerbell's Avatar
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by l1o1l1l1y1 View Post

Good job on the blog...looks great
    Have I mentioned I love coupons??

Stacking ninja....Hija!!! nottinkerbell's Avatar
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Sorry u had a bad experience. They are usually pretty good there with printables. I've used tonnes there successfully. Try again with a different cashier. And the first cs lady was right per purchase means per item. I ask to speak to a manager if they won't let me cuz they are wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowichan_couponguy View Post

Have I mentioned I love coupons??

Thread Information