User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My face is combination (dry cheeks, slightly oily tzone) and sensitive. I very rarely break out in pimples. The only time is if an ingredient clogs or I react to one.

I am using Vichy Aqualia Rich moisturizer but almost finished it. I like it okay but I'm trying to save money and hopefully will find something cheaper. Vichy costs around $30-33.00 and sometimes SDM has it on sale.

So what other moisturizers would you recommend at a cheaper price? I can't wear anything fragranced.

I tried a sample from Sephora (Korres) and didn't like it plus its more pricey compared to the Vichy.

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have combination skin too though I'm it's on the oily side. I've tried the Cetaphil moisturizers (Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion) and it's fairly cheap for a large bottle for $5-10. It moisturizes pretty well and has not clogged my skin but it makes my face rather oily so I don't use it all the time. Right now I'm using Yves Rocher's Pure Calmille Oil-free Hydrating Gel (got it on sale for $5) for normal areas and the Clean & Clear Oil-free Dual Action Moisturizer ($6-7) for the oily areas of face but these two have fragrance.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yah I like Clean and Clear, but I'm using a variety of samples I got from The Shopping Channel.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ugh, I know what you mean. I love the Vichy one too and thankfully managed to get it for about $19 last time but I dread paying $30. I probably still will since it lasts for quite some time but still

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Have you tried skin md? I recieved a bottle of it from cinnamin kitten, about three years ago, to test it, and i loved it.

It is kind of expensive, about $18 a bottle (last 1-2 months) but I have found it is the only stuff the really works for me when my skin is extra sensitive. I find I go through stages of my skin being oily and then my skin being dry and irratated.

Shipping is expensive, $10 shipping to canada, but if you like it, you can just get cases of it which would be less than $1 a bottle for the shipping. Or depending where you live you can buy it in a store.

http://www.skinmdnatural.com/

Just noticed on their website you can order samples for $2. That would give you a chance to try the stuff out.
    Last edited by matrix82; Fri, Jan 21st, 2011 at 09:31 PM.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried a lot such as the face shop, DHC and Neutrogena, all of them are not expensive and I felt good. ^_^

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Vichy is great...but it is on the pricey side for my purse right now. I like Eucerin brand face cream($15 at shoppers drug mart)....but recently i had a $25 gift card for RCSS and so I decided to try neutrogenas face cream "Moisture" oil free and for sensitive skin and its been great...no clogging pores and grest for the harsh winter weather.I think it was around $10 too.It's a120 ml bottle. Says its fragrance free. Alchohol free as well.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use neutrogena tinted moisterizer.It has a good blend for any skin type, doesn't have self tanner in it.We can get it at wal Mart, comes in a retangular box and it is a rectangular long tube.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I have the same skin condition as you, dry, with oily zones and very sensitive, rarely break out but all breakouts are directly due to some irritant or clogging ingredient;

The Aloe line of skincare from the body shop is excellent!
    The regular price is medium range about $20-$30 I think but there are often sales and of course stocking up during big sales often cut the price by 50%!!
    The Seaweed line is also fantastic;
    in the winter dryness is more of an issue so I use the Aloe line, and when it gets warmer the oilyness become more of an issue so I switch over to the seaweed line
    I used to be able to use the vitamin E line but recently my oily zones decided to be more oily? so it's become too rich for me, thus I retire product to mother dearest

Just throwing this out there, my favourite product is the Biotherm AQUASOURCE BIOSENSITIVE Dermostabilising hydrator with phyto-omegas 3-6 (a mouthful, had to google it to get the proper name)- I consider it very expensive (but nothing like Shiseido or Nars) So I always redeem at shoppers during bonus redemption!! AND stock up at the l'oreal warehouse sale (about 50% off retail). Looking forward to buying my 4th tube at the next redemption and in the mean time the body shop products should hold me over...

Last resort and cheapest choice: Dove Sensitive face cream. very cheap drugstore product, Dove coupons float around and usually they're about $5-7 for a 50mL jar. They always work well the first month or so after opening, but start to break me out when the jar is about 1/3 left (probably due to my finger dipping in the jar all the time and contaminating it)

In terms of SPF products, there are far and few for sensitive combination skin or so I've tried, either they have weird texture and go on strange, or increase oiliness, or just break me out .. the one thing That's a definitely SAFE for me is neutrogena Healthy Defense with SPF 15 I think. I'm always on the hunt for alternatives though!

Others I've tried and will give feedback if anyone needs: Ponds, nivea, DHC, Olay, Clinique, Vichy, Lancome, Shiseido, Aqualabel, other asian lines
    with Wagjag(http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=b6d767d2f8ed5d21a44b0e5886680cb9), I've saved @ Umbra store, Windsor Arms Hotel (Afternoon Tea), Fairmont Royal York Hotel Library Bar, Wanda's Pie in the Sky, Hero Burgers, Menchies Frozen Yogurt, AND Curves Fitness! YOU CAN TOO!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i use olay which goes for 8- 15 $ depending on which kind you buy, they have many different options and i find it works great for sensitive skin, you can also get ones with spf in them as well.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ended up buying NeoStrata Moisture Infusion Cream. It's slightly rich for my tzone but hasn't caused break outs. I just checked in and noticed other suggestions which I'm writing down for next time to save money. Thanks again for the suggestions, making my list now..

Thread Information