User Tag List

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Hi All,

So BF and I got a Shoppers MC...we had a CT one and we use it for groceries etc and pay it off each month...but I wasn't getting anything from it, and I hate having something and not getting a reward from it LOL

So my questions are...do I need to show my optimum card when I am paying with my optimum MC (at shoppers obviously haha)? I got conflicting answers from ppl that work there and I am so confused. One lady told me no my optimum MC was my card as well and it all goes there while another said I had to show my optimum card to get the points even if I was paying with the MC?!?

Does anyone have a Shoppers MC, if so how do you like it? and can we get a secondary card...bc I sometimes go shop and sometimes BF does so we kinda need 2...

Thanks for any help...I am just getting on the Shoppers band wagon, all you SC'ers inspired me with ur Shoppers stories haha
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I just got a Shoppers MC as well and all the literature says that in order to receive 25 points for your purchases at SDM, you must use both cards together. You get 10 points for each dollar spent from the Optimum card and 15 pts for each dollar spent from the Mastercard. I'm looking forward to racking up more points!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yes, always show your optimum card as well as your MC when you buy something. You get the 'regular' points right away with your optimum card, and then on your MC bill, the other 15/$1 will show up. If you buy a shoppers gift card on your MC you are laughing as you'll get all of the points listed above, AND the points when you actually use the gift card It only works on Shoppers gift cards though (not other stores)

You can order a second card as I have done this with DH. I've never had any problems with the company that runs it

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Will they be sending me a Shoppers Optimum card with the MC?
    I didn't add my card # bc I didn't have it with me (Bad VeeVee! )

SunnyG thanks for the gift card tip!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Thanks for the tip! Let me be sure that I understand. If I buy a $100 Shoppers Drugs Mart Gift card and use my Shoppers Mastercard to pay for it, plus swipe my Optimum card, I will get a total of 25 points for each $1 (2500 pts.) Then, when I go to spend the $100 gift card, I will get 10 points per dollar by swiping my Optimum card, thus giving me another 1000 points? That would be 3,500 points for spending $100 at SDM. Is this correct or is it just too good to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyg View Post
    Yes, always show your optimum card as well as your MC when you buy something. You get the 'regular' points right away with your optimum card, and then on your MC bill, the other 15/$1 will show up. If you buy a shoppers gift card on your MC you are laughing as you'll get all of the points listed above, AND the points when you actually use the gift card It only works on Shoppers gift cards though (not other stores)

You can order a second card as I have done this with DH. I've never had any problems with the company that runs it

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Whenever I see these threads I get SOOOOO depressed that I can't qualify for a SDM MC!!

I shop there ALL the time and unfortunately I have not so great credit...too many loans

I'm hoping that after I pay off my line of credit everything will be in order and I will qualify and can rack up the points!!
    To earn FREE giftcards join SwagBucks. I've earned $170 in Amazon GC's since January 2010!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

diannes - that is right.

veevee - I believe they send you a new optimum card with it since you didn't give them your number. When the mc comes just call sdm to have it attached to your current optimum cards account.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    diannes - that is right.

veevee - I believe they send you a new optimum card with it since you didn't give them your number. When the mc comes just call sdm to have it attached to your current optimum cards account.
    Thanks!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyg View Post

Just got my SDM MC card too. Does your MC points automatically added to your existing Optimum card balance? I can't remember if I give them my Optimum card # when I applied for the MC.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Just got my SDM MC card too. Does your MC points automatically added to your existing Optimum card balance? I can't remember if I give them my Optimum card # when I applied for the MC.
    Yes, I gave them my card number, so each month they add them to my balance (and it is normally noted on my receipts too at the bottom).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

^Thanks for your reply!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always show both cards. The Shopper's Mastercard is from MBNA Canada though and I find them super annoying- they call all the time and send lots of their "cheques" in the mail. Had I know this beforehand, I would not have gotten one. I never have those issues with my PC Mastercard. Just a head's up.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dilbrt View Post
    I always show both cards. The Shopper's Mastercard is from MBNA Canada though and I find them super annoying- they call all the time and send lots of their "cheques" in the mail. Had I know this beforehand, I would not have gotten one. I never have those issues with my PC Mastercard. Just a head's up.
    Just call their customer service and ask them to stop sending you cheques and to remove you from their telemarketing list. It takes 2 minutes and will help you get rid of these annoying calls. They were calling me twice a week and they are very aggressive and very persistant. I called customer service and all calls stopped.

Thread Information