User Tag List

mommyx2
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Has anyone downloaded/read the ebook The Potty Boot Camp by Suzanne Riffel? www.thepottybootcamp.com

My son is currently being potty trained but he is not initiating his urges yet. I have read so many testimonials about the book and it sounds amazing!! Potty trained in 1-4 days???? WOW!!

Thanks!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by mommyx2; Sun, Jan 23rd, 2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: forgot to add web address

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

HI,

Yes, I used Potty Boot camp with my son and it was awesome, it was also an easy fun read! Would love to hear how it turns out for you, Good luck!

mommyx2
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks! I didn't end up buying it.....I just used my own ideas and ways. I think some of the things I did are in the book according to the comments. He is pretty much potty trained and it only took 4 good days. He has been wearing underwear for 2 weeks now and no accidents. But yesterday he started a stage where he wants to wear a pullup even though the pullup stays dry all day. He seems to be boycotting his underwear.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I will be potty training my second son very soon and I remember what a battle it was for us to finally have our oldest trained. The memory isn't as good as it once was so I don't recall what exactly worked for us. I know he regressed at least 3 times and was finally good to go by 3.5 years old - so much older than we wanted!!

What were the most effective things that you did that seemed to work for you??

mommyx2
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I know every child is different but here are some things that we did. My son was peeing on the potty since he was 18 months but only before his bath. He didn't understand the concept yet. So now he is 27 months and a couple of weeks ago I decided to really give this a go. I was determined to get him out of diapers.

So, on a Sat morning we started the potty and I went all in...I made him go consistantly every 20 minutes for the whole weekend. I also showed him some videos of his idol "Elmo" going potty.

Then he started to tell me he wanted a diaper. As soon as he told me that he wanted a diaper, I said no way!!! If he knows the difference then there is no more diaper. So when he didn't want to wear his underwear or pullup, I would say, ok then you will be going naked. He only did that 1 evening and now on he asks for his underwear and tells everyone no more diaper.

He had issues going "poop" on the potty but I think it was only because he was scared. It took him a couple of days to get over that and now he tells us when he toots and when he needs to go.

The only thing now is that he doesn't understand that he can wear his underwear and his clothes so for the past few days he has only worn underwear around the house. He gets mad if I try and put pants on because he thinks I am going to remove his underwear. It is pretty cute and easy to go potty but soon he will need to get dressed. LOL

I wish you lots of luck and just be patient. I was getting frustrated but then I realized that got me nowhere. Consistency is key as well and the little bribe or two doesn't hurt. We had a stash of hotwheels so when he went poop we would give him one. The novelty of a new car wore off and he is alright with it.

Good Luck and let me know how it goes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Like I had said, our first son was so difficult and stubborn with potty training so I'm guessing this guy will be the same, although he has more of an interest in it than our oldest did. I will let you know how it goes...

Hey, come to think of it, I think I had started a thread on this with my first -I should go back and look at what I wrote!!! (seriously, the mind isn't what it used to be!!! LOL!!!)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My son is will be 3 in April and I put him in underwear on Sunday. I just took the diapers away. Only 3 little accidents and he usually finishes on the potty. Today he fell asleep on the couch so i put a pull up over is underwear just in case. He managed to stay dry. My only problem is that he hasnt pooped in 3 days....eeks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

what do u think is the most effective: pull-ups or underwear during the day???

Thread Information