User Tag List

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

I have had my optimum card for ages now and after following the tips given here I have actually begun to get lots of optimum points. What I don't understand how any one trades or gets emails or anything? When I signed up they didn't need a email address and it won't let me register my card online.... how do I do this? Can someone please help steer me in the right direction so I can really maximize my points
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Always looking for items on my wishlist, Stouffers and ICoke pins! As well as RAOK Campbells soup labels for my kids school!
    Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Wiserwithwords

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I signed up for emails on the site. I believe they give you the option when you sign in with your card. If you can't sign in with an email, don't worry, they should just ask you for your card number and either your password (which you don't have if you haven't made one yet), your postal code or your birthdate. Try one of those. If that fails, I'm sure somebody at their help center knows how to get you on the right track.

I've never traded points before, but I'm fairly sure there's a transfer points option on your account settings on the site as well.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Your optimum card # should already be on file. I think you can go to their website, add an email, update your profile ect. You can also check your point balance online, transfer points to another card (if you are trading).

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca

To check point balance all you have to do is enter card # and postal code. Then go to profile to add your email address.

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

If you can't do it through the website, then just give them a call at 1-800-shoppers and they should be able to do it for you.
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

I'll have to call them tomorrow, I still can't get it to work.

On the plus side I spent $75 for the second time today at Shoppers and this time got the Neutragenia starter kit. I was going to get a gift card first and then buy it, I grabbed a 50 and a 25 and the cashier said if I was planning on using those today it was kind of a waste of time because they haven't given optimum points on gift cards since last July when they made the switch over... was she pulling my leg? I see others saying they are getting points for buying gifts cards

Always looking for items on my wishlist, Stouffers and ICoke pins! As well as RAOK Campbells soup labels for my kids school!
    Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Wiserwithwords

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Just a misinformed cashier. You get Optimum points for buying GC's.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

she probably doesnt have a clue that you can get points for the gc. Not too many cashiers know the ins and outs of their point system.

Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I bought gift cards this weekend and got the points!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wiserwithwords View Post

On the plus side I spent $75 for the second time today at Shoppers and this time got the Neutragenia starter kit. I was going to get a gift card first and then buy it, I grabbed a 50 and a 25 and the cashier said if I was planning on using those today it was kind of a waste of time because they haven't given optimum points on gift cards since last July when they made the switch over... was she pulling my leg? I see others saying they are getting points for buying gifts cards
    If I were in your situation, I would just go ahead buying the GC, and let the cashier see the receipt after I pay for it, it would say "With Shoppers Optimum points, you could get this **** (numbers) of points", talk to her or her supervisor (manager) and I am sure they will have to add the points manually for you! It happended to me once, and the cashier was actually the supervisor, she refused to scan my Optimum Card said I wouldn't get points why bother, but after the receipt was printed out she had to add the points for me, or I'll call 1800 Shoppers right in front of her with my receipt!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wiserwithwords View Post

If it happens again, just print #13 from these official terms and conditions and show it to them:

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/S...onditions.aspx

13. Shoppers Optimum Points will not be issued respecting the purchase of the following items/services: gift cards and prepaid card products (except Shoppers Drug Mart- branded gift cards), wireless phone cards, stamps

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think she may have meant that you don't get the bonus 18500 points for buying 75$ in gift cards and just the regular points...
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can register your email with them at shoppersdrugmart.ca/email
    It's kind of tricky to find on their website.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

actually SuperMel you DO get the 18,500 even when you use a SDM GC. as long as you use the card during the event. thats what we did tonite. NO problems other than the cashier never asked dh for his OC when he bought the SDM GC. so i have to call HO to get my 750 points for buying it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    actually SuperMel you DO get the 18,500 even when you use a SDM GC. as long as you use the card during the event. thats what we did tonite. NO problems other than the cashier never asked dh for his OC when he bought the SDM GC. so i have to call HO to get my 750 points for buying it.

I bought a 75$ gift card (with my credit card) and received only my base points...

I then used that card to make a purchase of over 75$ and received 760 base points, as well as 18500 bonus points.

Are you saying I should have received the bonus 18500 on the GC purchase as well? I thought gift cards were excluded for this promotion?
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The GCs are excluded from bonus points and you only get base on them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information