User Tag List

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

your into Role Playing Games such as my 15 year old son, or if your a big fan of Lord of the Rings, and like to join online communities, than consider LOTRO – Lord of the Rings Online.
    Since I’m not a huge gamer myself, and Its hard to get a good description out of a 15 year old - Except its cool, or its fun, which is not much of a description, I found a good LOTRO game review
    The Lord of the Rings Online is a 3D, fantasy MMORPG based on the now legendary LotR franchise. With characters from the movies and books, LotRO is sure to entice fans, but there’s plenty here for those unfamiliar with the story. A massive game world, an interesting PvP mode that allows gamers to play as monsters, and player housing are just some of the features this game has to offer
    At its most basic LOTRO is an MMORPG like most other MMORPGs. You kill things, complete quests, get experience points, level up and get new skills and equipment so you can kill slightly bigger things. Combat is a blend between real-time and turn-based: every special attack has a cool-down period, so after using it you have to wait for it to recharge before you can use it again. Characters also have basic attacks which engage automatically whenever you enter combat.
    Each character class in LOTRO builds attacks in a slightly different way. A Bard’s spells and attacks are grouped into tiers; a Tier One attack must be in effect before a Tier Two attack can be unleashed, a tier two attack can lead to a tier three attack, and so on.
    A Champion’s attacks, on the other hand, are fuelled by Fervour points, which are accumulated with low level attacks. Save a couple fervour points and you could spend them on a better attack; or you could keep your attacks at a low level, fill up your fervour point gauge and really unleash hell upon your opponent. Though it’s easy to get into a simple key-pressing rhythm when fighting, the depth of the combat system allows for tactics to be switched on the fly, which you’ll definitely need to do when facing certain more difficult enemies.
    Quests also follow a similar routine to most other MMORPGs – you will be asked to kill ten wolves/bears/bandits/squirrels and collect 15 “Whatevers” from their corpses. Some of them won’t have whatevers on them, even if their whatevers are hearts or hooves, or something else you’d think a monster might need when it’s going about its business. You’ll also be asked to travel large distances to deliver letters, packages and pies to someone who’ll give you a slightly shinier dagger or some morale potion for your troubles. As enjoyable as sight-seeing in Middle Earth is, traipsing back and forth between locations can be extremely dull. View more of the Lord of the Rings Game Review
    http://www.lotro.com/free.php?utm_so...medium=OldBeta
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ooh cool i really love these type of games another really good one that just came out is pandora saga...... kinda along the same lines as lord of the rings.

Thread Information