User Tag List

Thread: My first week

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

So I have been clipping and using coupons for about a week now. I thought I wouldn't find anything here because the shelves are ALWAYS empty. I learned that you have to be there the first day the sale starts, which is great because I have a "Sunny Friday" (Friday off w. Pay) every second week. Sales seem to be starting on Fridays. One thing that makes me a little distraught about the whole thing is my flyers only come sporadically, like today, no flyers yet. I saw the flyer lady last night on the next street, but I still don't have mine...grrr. I have resorted to picking up the free weekend paper which has most of the flyers on Fridays. I am in Northern Alberta.

Sobeys
    Secret Deod was on for $1.99 each, I used a $4.00 WUB2 coupon to get them for free!
    Old Spice Deod was on for $1.99 each, i used a $5.00 WUB3 coupon to get them for $0.32 each.

Safeway
    Crest TP was on for $0.80. I had two coupons, one for $1 off 2 and one for $0.50 off one, so I got them for $0.30 each.
    Tide was on for $5.99 and I had a $5 WUB2 coupon, so got 2 HE 26 Load for $3.49 each.
    Suave Shampoo was on sale for $1.00 each. They had a buy 6 get 40 airmiles, which I did.

RCSS
    Cans of Cream of Mush and Chicken Noodle Campbells for $0.50 each. I didn't have any coupons though
    Crest Sensitive - $4.49 regular with a $3.00 off coupon, so $1.49 total
    Two H&S Shampoo/Conditioner with bonus razor $3.99 each, I had a $2.50 coupon and a $1.00 coupon so I got the two shampoo and the two razors for $2.24 per pack!
    Gillette Shave Gel was on for $1.68 and I had a save $5 WUB3, so they were $0.04 for 3
    Venus Razor $5.99, Gillette Women's (can't remember the brand name) $1.69, and Secret Deod ($1.99) and I had a $7 WUB3, so my total for the three items was $2.44!
    Four Bagel Bites, $1.00 each

Sobeys
    Gillette Body Wash Plus Full Size Razor $4.99 with $1.00 off coupon, so $3.99 for two items.
    Life Brand Magic Erase 2/$3...we will see how good they are...

I got a bunch of clothes for super cheap too, but I won't list those!

And that is it for my first week So far I think I did pretty good!
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Safeway, Sobeys
    Come join our Facebook group to find amazing deals!

Show Me The Deal

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Excellent job for your first week of couponing

Most of the flyers are posted online on the stores' website by thursday (sometimes friday, depending on the store), so you don't have to wait for the flyers to show up at your house
    Quote Originally Posted by jenmhahn View Post
    So I have been clipping and using coupons for about a week now. I thought I wouldn't find anything here because the shelves are ALWAYS empty. I learned that you have to be there the first day the sale starts, which is great because I have a "Sunny Friday" (Friday off w. Pay) every second week. Sales seem to be starting on Fridays. One thing that makes me a little distraught about the whole thing is my flyers only come sporadically, like today, no flyers yet. I saw the flyer lady last night on the next street, but I still don't have mine...grrr. I have resorted to picking up the free weekend paper which has most of the flyers on Fridays. I am in Northern Alberta.

Sobeys
    Secret Deod was on for $1.99 each, I used a $4.00 WUB2 coupon to get them for free!
    Old Spice Deod was on for $1.99 each, i used a $5.00 WUB3 coupon to get them for $0.32 each.

Safeway
    Crest TP was on for $0.80. I had two coupons, one for $1 off 2 and one for $0.50 off one, so I got them for $0.30 each.
    Tide was on for $5.99 and I had a $5 WUB2 coupon, so got 2 HE 26 Load for $3.49 each.
    Suave Shampoo was on sale for $1.00 each. They had a buy 6 get 40 airmiles, which I did.

RCSS
    Cans of Cream of Mush and Chicken Noodle Campbells for $0.50 each. I didn't have any coupons though
    Crest Sensitive - $4.49 regular with a $3.00 off coupon, so $1.49 total
    Two H&S Shampoo/Conditioner with bonus razor $3.99 each, I had a $2.50 coupon and a $1.00 coupon so I got the two shampoo and the two razors for $2.24 per pack!
    Gillette Shave Gel was on for $1.68 and I had a save $5 WUB3, so they were $0.04 for 3
    Venus Razor $5.99, Gillette Women's (can't remember the brand name) $1.69, and Secret Deod ($1.99) and I had a $7 WUB3, so my total for the three items was $2.44!
    Four Bagel Bites, $1.00 each

Sobeys
    Gillette Body Wash Plus Full Size Razor $4.99 with $1.00 off coupon, so $3.99 for two items.
    Life Brand Magic Erase 2/$3...we will see how good they are...

I got a bunch of clothes for super cheap too, but I won't list those!

And that is it for my first week So far I think I did pretty good!
    Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching, surveys and more!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

way to go on your first week -you did great

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

good first week!

blessedmommy
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Awesome! You shop like a pro already!

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Awesome first week!!!!! You got some amazing deals!!!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

great first week! with many more to come!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Great first week! You did get some fantastic deals.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great job! if the shelves are always empty, and the ad doesn't say "while quantities last" or it isn't a clearout item (seasonal), don't be afraid to ask if it's possible to put in an order for the items you want that they're out of, and pre-pay for it.

Some stores will do that and call you to pick it up when they get the next shipment in.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Great shopping!
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbertha View Post
    Great job! if the shelves are always empty, and the ad doesn't say "while quantities last" or it isn't a clearout item (seasonal), don't be afraid to ask if it's possible to put in an order for the items you want that they're out of, and pre-pay for it.

Some stores will do that and call you to pick it up when they get the next shipment in.
    We're lucky if they can figure out how to put price tags on the shelf up here. I will try this though...hopefully with good results. Our Walmart sometimes has stock, it is just in boxes in the middle of the store. There is a HUGE lack of resources up here because noone wants to work retail when pretty much anyone can work as a labourer out at the plants and make $30 an hour...
    Come join our Facebook group to find amazing deals!

Show Me The Deal

MOMMY OF 2 BOYS!
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

congrats! you did great
    Join me @ swagbucks: http://swagbucks.com/refer/brittanyandkyle
    then download the search toolbar! I joined a month ago & so far have received 10$ in giftcards!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

great shopping for your first week!

Thread Information