User Tag List

Thread: bday ideas?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Hi, its my bff bday in 2wks and ive been thinking of what to do for her bday as Im trying to quit smoking id rather choose to do something that doesnt involve smoking/drinking but something that is fun /cheap/interactive anyone got any ideas?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Well I don't know about you, but I love to take a entire day to goto WEM and have lunch or dinner and Window Shop and try on clothes and look through the stores, most of the time I just dont have time to do that, but once year I love to do that, and get ideas. As you get busier in life it seems like most of us dont do as much for ourselves as we do for others and neglect ourselves a bit, so its nice to spend the day trying on clothes and finding cheaper versions somewhere else, haha (well thats what I do anyway)

Another thing that is fun; and this may seem childish, is sledding I dont care what anyone says, it is really fun at any age

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

dont laugh, but a few friends now insist on "birthday bingo" LOL
    Play some bingo, chitchat, and maybe win some money in the process. We go to someones house and have cake, play some cards..its girls day and men can join us later at night! LOL

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

For my BFF's, I make them a great dinner with a bottle of wine. I made them a traditional italian lasagna last time with caesar salad, and paired it with a chianti. It can be a girls night with or without the boys. If the boys come, we usually bring out the poker chips, but when its just the girls, we've talked the night away or we've watched a movie. One time we even did pedicures.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

How about a visit to the Muttart Consevatory? They have such nice flowers and stuff, and you could have a little tea and biscuit sort of snack. Or the Museum? or the Art Gallery? Or the Space Sciences centre? Or a manicure/pedicure date and you can soak your feet and get all dolled up and chat at the same time whilst relaxing!! All nice stuff and does not involve smoking or spending too much money!

Let us know what you decide ok HD, and have a fantastic time, whatever you do! Good luck with quiting smoking! You will be glad when you are successful
    Last edited by mhk; Wed, Feb 2nd, 2011 at 03:11 AM.

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I love the idea of a girls spa day! It doesnt cost anything if everyone brings a few things, mudmasks, mani/pedis, and hair treatments! lol

And a few chick flicks and junk food

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jubilations? Mayfair dinner theatre, or maybe a play & dinner (not combined at the same location and time lol)...
    bowling
    laser tag
    Red Piano
    a stripersize or pole dancing or belly dance class
    rock climbing
    pottery painting
    scrapbooking retreat.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

thnx everyone im still trying to determine the exact plan altho i love ALLL the ideas thnx very very much for all ur guys input ill keep u guys updated

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Finally came up with a plan! we are going to go the west ed comedy club they have alot of cheap nites on weeknites plus my bff will get in free( if its ur bday and u go on ur bday or the weekend of ur bday u get a free tix!) for dinner we decided to go to Russian tea house they have happy hr 4-7pm everyday and they have a pshyic for numerology, tarrot card reading, tea and palm reading as well so figured that would be a nice treat as well

Thread Information