User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

This is my second attempt at doing this post because I couldn't even figure out a way to explain what this supervisor thought until I calmed down and tried to put myself in her teeny tiny little brain.

So I was having a great shopping day at LD in Tillicum Mall. I was price matching and stacking coupons from several different stores. I decide to make things a bit easier and price match and stack each store individually rather than all at once. I was having a great clerk and the manager had no problem coming up to the till for price overrides, etc.

Finally I am doing the price matching and coupon stacking for the Old Spice from Zellers.

It's getting a bit later and the original cashier and manager have left for the day so I have a new cashier and new supervisor to override. Cashier was great. The supervisor well lets just say she can really read between the lines.

I have 7 save $3 off of 2 products, 1 save $1 off 1 product, and seven free body wash with purchase of deodorant. I have at the till 15 deodorant and seven body washes. I tried to organize the products into groups. The supervisor was bagging them up and I noticed that she was sometimes putting one deodorant and one body wash into the bag at the same time and I was thinking that's a bit odd but she should know what she is doing as she is taking the $3 off coupon for two items into consideration. Finally all the $3 and $1 is used. I now have left 5 body wash and I think 5 deodorant left on the counter. She starts ringing in the deodorant at the price match cost and taking off the deodorant as per coupon. I say just wait a moment. I have already bought deodorant now I want the bodywash as part of the already rung through items. I tried to show her that the first two body washes she rang through shouldn't have been rung through as I was buying multiples of deodorant as part of the $3 coupons and I would have left 7 body wash and 7 coupons for body wash and the price would be free because I have already more than the required number of deodorants.She says that's not how the coupon works. It's per one deodorant. The first deodorants don't count because I was buying in multiples of two. The 5 left on the counter are the five individual I will now need to purchase in order to get the free body wash and I will have 2 body wash coupons left over.

I know that makes absolutely no sense and believe me I was just too tired to continue trying to explain to her so just had the transaction voided.

To top off that I get home and my dd14 was giving me a hug in the kitchen and some how I managed to knock over a full refillable cup(the largest size)full of coffee/cocoa onto the counter, all over the groceries, dinner, my daughter, and the floor. Thankfully it wasn't that hot so she wasn't hurt but she was wearing brand new clothing that she was modeling for me to see what she bought herself that day.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Zellers
    Last edited by momof3heathens; Wed, Dec 22nd, 2010 at 02:21 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

sorry you had a lousy day with the spilled hot chocolate

re: the OS deals, I only put my 'stuff' on the counter 1 group at a time (especially if I haven't dealt with this particular staff member, or if I know they do things 'wonky.')

Try it again this week, but only put up 2 deodorants with their correspo0nding coupons, then the 1 bodywash with the B1G1 free coupon on the counter at a time.
    Then repeat.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    sorry you had a lousy day with the spilled hot chocolate

re: the OS deals, I only put my 'stuff' on the counter 1 group at a time (especially if I haven't dealt with this particular staff member, or if I know they do things 'wonky.')

Try it again this week, but only put up 2 deodorants with their correspo0nding coupons, then the 1 bodywash with the B1G1 free coupon on the counter at a time.
    Then repeat.

Thanks.

That's what I did. She was the one taking the deodorant out of one pile and the body wash out of another. I had the coupons under each group of corresponding product but she pushed them all over the place to gather up the coupons and put them on the till.

Anyhow I did go back last Friday and I had the same girl from earlier in the day(the nice one)and the supervisor with her looks up and sees me and the cart and says "Oh you must be the coupon lady, the cashiers here have given you that nickname" and she was so excited to help. Earlier I was at the beauty counter and I was actually feeling a bit anxious because the manager seemed to be bitting my head off because I was trying to organize the coupons(I had accidentally dropped them before entering the store so I was unorganized for that part of the shop)and she said just let me do it so I stepped back expecting a complete disaster. Turns out she's a couponer at heart and she was so excited to tell me the deals she got herself. She says she can't understand why some clerks get all bent out of shape because the store gets the money back from the manufacturer. All's well that ends well.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Ugh - what a bad experience

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Sounds like a real ordeal! I paper-clip each individual stack and then pop all the stacks into a zipper bag. (I dropped my coupons once without the paper clips and what a nightmare!) I, too, put one deal on the counter at a time. i.e. 2 deodorants with the $3WB2 along with one body wash and the `buy a deodorant get a bodywash`coupon. When she enters the proucts for the first set coupons, I set out the next set. (This is when I tell them I have two more stacks exactly like the previous one.) It actually makes check-out quicker and, if there is any discrepancy or misunderstanding, it gets straightened out right away. i.e. no compounding errors. I find it really difficult keeping track when I have too much on the counter and they start grabbing and un-clipping coupons....I end up feeling confused and rattled when I know its not working out correctly, especially because like you I have it all woked put before I shop.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Dec 18th, 2010 at 09:52 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

just a note that it's not wise to make defamatory comments about someone on a public forum.................you published her real name, real city & real place of work, right in your thread title.

Defamation is written or spoken injury to a person or organization's reputation.

Every Canadian province has libel/slander legislation, slander being verbal defamation, and libel being written defamation.

It would be wise to have this thread deleted, for all the above reasons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    just a note that it's not wise to make defamatory comments about someone on a public forum.................you published her real name, real city & real place of work, right in your thread title.

Defamation is written or spoken injury to a person or organization's reputation.

Every Canadian province has libel/slander legislation, slander being verbal defamation, and libel being written defamation.

It would be wise to have this thread deleted, for all the above reasons.
    Not deleting but did take her name out of it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

unfortunately, not deleting this thread perpetuates the defamation.

try Googling ' Natalia Tillicum LD ' and guess what thread pops up?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work for LD retail and I have to say that the coupon stacking part can be quite stressful because there are too many combinations including BOGO.

My suggestion would be, do the coupon stacking or complex transaction at the customer service counter, the tills are more advanced (different) to handle complex situations like this (at least you and the staff can see the same screen and no guess work) The customer service staff are also more knowledgeble and have overrides to make your experience smoother.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Thanks although I was at customer service and it was with a cashier supervisor. She was friendly but insistent that I would have to buy another product on top of the first two in order to receive a free body wash.

Anyhow all is well as I ended up going back another time and had no problem.

Thread Information