User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I have a $10 GC - the one with the heart on it - that I got when I spent $50 a few weeks ago. I was planning to use it for this weekend's 20x points event. I know the GC expires Friday, Feb 25 and the 20x is Saturday only, but my local SDM usually starts the 20x events on Friday so my plan is to do the shop on Friday.

How does this $10 GC ring up? As a 2001 or 2002 or something else? If my total before taxes and before this GC is $50 - $59.99, will I end up short of the $50 I need to get the 20x points bonus? The back of the GC says "use for payment on your next purchase of $10 or more before taxes' so I'm thinking it will be code 2001 but maybe there's a different code they use for these things...?

Have any of you done this before and how did it work?

Thanks

Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Feb 23rd, 2011 at 05:34 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I know the GC expires Friday, Feb 25 and the 20x is Saturday only, but my local SDM usually starts the 20x events on Friday so my plan is to do the shop on Friday.
    I'm curious Silk, which store is that?

I think the one at Guy Concordia metro station starts their promos on Friday too. I'm looking for one to do my shopping earlier

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I have a similar GC and it doesn't say anything like - not valid with any promotional offers... Should work!

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

This GC rang in as 2004, and use as a coupon. If your total is under $50 after this and other coupons, you might not get any bonus points or the $20 coupon, the CS control the switch for 20s points or $20, I might not buy at this event this time. I also have this GC, wil not try to use it at this event, you can only use 1 of this coupon in 1 transaction.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got a mystery GC once, and I see that on my receipt, it was entered as "Mystery Gift 4478" then the amount in negative value. So it was not 2001, but similar to it, because on the side it says "Y", while 2002 doesn't have the Y. I think the Y means it's taxable?
    Use this invite worth 50 bonus points to join SUPERPOINTS for free Amazon or PayPal $$ now!
    Complete your basic profile for 30 chances to win!

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

My GC doesn't expire until March 10.....does everyone else's expire Feb. 25????

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Mystery GC has the PLU number on it , The Love Gift Card is entered as Gift voucher 3882, I used it last week! You do get regular points when using this Gift Voucher or the Mystery GC that has PLU on it, you pay tax on the items you buy, IT IS NOT STORE COUPON 2004, as if you has this 2004 on your bill, you do get regular points, and you don't pay tax on the $ off either
    Last edited by thien_nga; Wed, Feb 23rd, 2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My receipt says "Gift Voucher (3882)." You do get points for everything when you use it. So it should work on 20x day.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doda View Post
    I'm curious Silk, which store is that?

I think the one at Guy Concordia metro station starts their promos on Friday too. I'm looking for one to do my shopping earlier
    Doda, yes the one at Guy and the one at Atwater. Of the two, I prefer the Guy store. But I suggest to call ahead to check what time they're starting the event. Btw, a lot of the big stores will start on Friday.

Silk

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks everyone, for your help I'm going to give it a try!

Silk

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    The Mystery GC has the PLU number on it , The Love Gift Card is entered as Gift voucher 3882, I used it last week! You do get regular points when using this Gift Voucher or the Mystery GC that has PLU on it, you pay tax on the items you buy, IT IS NOT STORE COUPON 2004, as if you has this 2004 on your bill, you do get regular points, and you don't pay tax on the $ off either
    You are right, it was 3882. What I am concerning about the choice of $20/20x is: the CS control the input, if your total is under $50 after coupons will the CS give you the $20/20x?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canpip1 View Post
    You are right, it was 3882. What I am concerning about the choice of $20/20x is: the CS control the input, if your total is under $50 after coupons will the CS give you the $20/20x?
    That's my fear. If the cashier doesn't press the right button you are messed over. When I heard of this event my first thought was crap!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

When I contacted the Head Office of SDM today, she assured me that a gift card is the same as cash so as long as your total is more than 50 before tax, it shouldn't matter if you are paying with a gift card. She said so on their FB page.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    When I contacted the Head Office of SDM today, she assured me that a gift card is the same as cash so as long as your total is more than 50 before tax, it shouldn't matter if you are paying with a gift card. She said so on their FB page.

Hi Jody,

This is true of the GCs that you buy. But we are discussing the GC that was given as part of a promo.. I appreciate your asking, though but it seems no one ask actually used it during a 20x points event so we do't know for sure

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Feb 25th, 2011 at 03:07 AM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I have used one during a 20x the points event and got 20x the points on it. However, my total was over $50 even after the gift card. Given that using it messes up the tell a friend events, I am a little leary to use if my total was going to be less than $50.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information