User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just got this email today...

Dear customer,

Earlier today, we became aware of an e-mail being circulated, replicating an online promotion contest from Future Shop. For your information, we only offer authentic promotions on our web site and via our e-newsletters which take you directly to our secure website at www.futureshop.ca, clearly identifying our company’s identity in the URL in your address section on your web browser.

This situation is a phishing attempt which is a type of scheme that uses fraudulent e-mail and web pages to gather personal, financial and sensitive information for the purpose of identity theft. Click here for more information on phishing.

As a cautionary note, we would like to advise all our customers that Future Shop does NOT collect credit card information for contests and promotions. The ONLY time we do collect credit card information is when you are making an online purchase on our secure web site.

If you think you were the recipient of a phishing e-mail where you provided some information, please contact your credit card company immediately to determine what recourse you have available to you. Future Shop has contacted the credit card companies to make them aware of this situation.

Future Shop is committed to protecting and ensuring your personal information remains private. If you have any questions for Future Shop, please contact us at [email protected] or via phone at 1-800-663-2275.
    This thread is currently associated with: Future Shop, Via Rail

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received this email too.
    I didn't have to worry because I never give out CC info for anything other than a purchase.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I got it too, but not the actual phishing message.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw it on their site and got it in email. Never received the actual fake contest email though.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I never received th fake contest either. Just thought it best to warn anyone who might have.

Thread Information