User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    249 (100%)

As I'm sure you all know that Scooby Do Fruit Snacks are advertised in SDM's flyer for $2.49 this week. Guess what?!?! There is no sale sign in front of the Scooby Do Fruit Snacks, which means they are going to ring up at the regular price of $3.99. Who would pay that much for fruit snacks?

I went to SDM on Sunday and grabbed a box and threw it in my cart as I was curious to what they would scan at. They rang up at $3.99, so I asked for SCOP. You don't know how badly I wanted to go back in there and get another box, but there was only one cashier and I didn't want to press my luck.

I went to another SDM yesterday and again grabbed a box and went to the checkouts and the same thing happened, so I SCOP'd another box .

You guessed it - today is another day and I ventured to another SDM on my lunch hour and grabbed another box and proceeded to the checkout. Again, they ring up at $3.99! I again ask for SCOP and it was applied.

So I got 3 boxes of fruit snacks that, if the sale price rang up, I would have paid $7.47 as they are advertised for $2.49, but because there is no sign and they all rang up at $3.99, I SCOP'ed them all!

I will be hitting up SDM the rest of the week and getting more free Scooby Snacks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by burkeyswife; Tue, Mar 1st, 2011 at 01:40 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I had th esame problem with the scooby doo snacks.

I tried to get them to SCOP them....but my stupid SDM sucks. They said they won't SCOP something when it's on sale and just because there's no sign up.

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by middleclassmom View Post

I tried to get them to SCOP them....but my stupid SDM sucks. They said they won't SCOP something when it's on sale and just because there's no sign up.
    Ah thats too bad! They should have applied SCOP.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

haha. Funny brag. You think they`d learn after SCOP-ing that many times in the same week that they need to change the price at the shelf. My sister has had the same type of experience at SDM--where every time she went in, an item was continually mis-signed all week long--even though she had been in the same store the day before and had SCOP-ed and pointed it out to them. They STILL never fixed the problem.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

nice! what is SCOP? thanks...

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I did the same thing with Babybel at RCSS. I got the scop and then came back a few days later and tested my luck haha.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by freebies258 View Post
    nice! what is SCOP? thanks...
    SCOP is the "Scanning Code of Practice" that most retailers participate in.

If an item scans at the cash register for more than the shelf price/advertised price, if it is under $10, you are entitled to get the item free. If it is worth more than $10, you should get $10 off the price of the item.

Last edited by Aimz; Tue, Mar 1st, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I'm right with you....I've SCOP'd 2 boxes a day since the sale started! One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Different cashiers on those shifts! Yesterday the cashier picked up the phone right away and told someone to go check it out and fix it. Guess what....today it's still not fixed!

All week long, baby.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by middleclassmom View Post

technically, once a store participates in SCOP, thay can't choose to arbitrarily apply the rules.........if you google SCOP, you can call the 1-800 number, and they will call your SDM, and set them straight.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    technically, once a store participates in SCOP, thay can't choose to arbitrarily apply the rules.........if you google SCOP, you can call the 1-800 number, and they will call your SDM, and set them straight.

I agree with you. They cannot 'opt' out at anytime.

Funny story, I had just started working for a grocery chain that participated in SCOP. One of cashiers who was senior too me (not in age, she had just worked there a few years longer than myself) was arguing with a customer about SCOP. She was trying to explain that you can only SCOP an item once you purchase it, then you have to get a refund from the CS desk for the item. Okay, so clearly this girl had no idea about the policy, regardless of the sign on her check-stand. The customer did not either, so I kindly pointed it out to both of them. OMG, the look I got from the 'senior' cashier was priceless. She wanted to kill me. I know I had no right to do that in front of a customer (note: I was not the one being rude), but as I told her, I am also a consumer and know my rights and working at an establishment that prides itself on customer service, she shouldn't be so rude to the customer or co workers regardless of their 'seniority'. Needless to say, she got moved to the bakery away from the front end.
    Earn free rewards just by searching...click on link to join!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AustinsMomma79

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Love it!!! Soooooobyyyyyy doooooby doooo!!!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

If it is advertised in the flyer then you just SCOP against the flyer. Hmm maybe we need some scoody snacks at my house too. LOL
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a newbie, I keep reading about the SDM SCOP, what does SCOP mean?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by e_marcy View Post
    I'm a newbie, I keep reading about the SDM SCOP, what does SCOP mean?
    Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Code http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Mar 1st, 2011 at 07:46 PM.

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    I'm right with you....I've SCOP'd 2 boxes a day since the sale started! One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Different cashiers on those shifts! Yesterday the cashier picked up the phone right away and told someone to go check it out and fix it. Guess what....today it's still not fixed!

All week long, baby.....
    I'm going back tomorrow too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information