User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

gee I was pretty disapointed to learn we can no longer include taxes with our coupon amounts

it is still a great deal to be able to stack to begin with but it was a better deal when we could include the taxes in our coupons.

no more walking out of there with a mere $5 in taxes for all your purchases...today I speant $35 just in taxes

oh well.......I still saved $299

I did suggest they type up their policy and give us a copy so we all know what policy to follow....
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Last edited by Jezebel; Thu, Mar 11th, 2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

i didn't know that we could use coupons toward taxes before.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
    i didn't know that we could use coupons toward taxes before.
    yes we were able to stack our coupons right up to the cost of any items right up to include the tax...

so if something was 10.50 with tax we could use 10.50 of coupons now we can only use coupons for the amount of the product before any taxes so basically shelf price...

which is still a good deal.....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I HAD NO IDEA!!! I've always done coupon up to the selling price only, and have always paid all the taxes... AH MAN! I could have saved so much more!!!
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

ginger
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, I didn't know that either.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

That's so interesting, as they've never allowed me to do that (and, if I remember right, that's different from what was in their coupon policy that they emailed me). Great deals for you, though!!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by poppleton View Post
    That's so interesting, as they've never allowed me to do that (and, if I remember right, that's different from what was in their coupon policy that they emailed me). Great deals for you, though!!
    The coupon Policy seems to vary from store to store but I have always been able to claim the taxes in my coupons along with 3 other (sc'ers) who I often shop with...

right up until last week an example would be the luminaires are $17.99 and 20.15w/tax I always gave them $20 in coupons for this product....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I had always been told I needed to pay all the taxes - Once I had used coupons for the luminaries too I had 2 $5.00 coupons and an $8.00 and they actually reduced the coupons to make it only $17.99 - would not even use the extra penny. Still who can beat the savings I really have not been for a while. Anything new and interesting at LD?

If I had known that not paying taxes it would have been a whole new ball game

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by winnipeggal View Post
    I had always been told I needed to pay all the taxes - Once I had used coupons for the luminaries too I had 2 $5.00 coupons and an $8.00 and they actually reduced the coupons to make it only $17.99 - would not even use the extra penny. Still who can beat the savings I really have not been for a while. Anything new and interesting at LD?

If I had known that not paying taxes it would have been a whole new ball game
    sheesh ! I don't know why they don't have 1 policy print it up and give to each stacker when we come in so that everybody knows what can and can't be done

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

I'm very surprised that we can get away with not paying the taxes. Two things in life are certain...

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie girl View Post
    I'm very surprised that we can get away with not paying the taxes. Two things in life are certain...
    I pay tax now have been for a bit now...stack them to whatever the sale or shelf price is and that's it I am paying all taxes but I don't care as it is still great savings in my opinion...

are you not paying taxes ?? based on your statement above

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

I have always paid the tax, I didn't know that coupons could cover the taxes. I had never heard of that.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

They never let me do that. If I had an item to buy at $12.00 and had 3 x $5.00 coupons then the third coupon would be changed to $2.00.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Hmmm for awhile they were calculating taxes into the stacked amount ..it seemed only if you mentioned that it said on the back of the coupies it says tax included....I had not heard of this til pretty close to the time they stopped doing it...sigh....but yes like others above my coupies get adjusted to the price if they are over whatever the actual price of the item is.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

I know that on some FPC's it specifies that you don't have to pay the taxes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information