User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hey everyone, it's been really cool to see how many local lower mainlanders there are with the magic coupon touch and stacking super powers.

i have been thinking about working towards building some donation piles for Beauty Night - a local charity that supports women in the DTES by trying to create a supportive community for them to access resources and build self-esteem.

they build beauty product gift bags for their participants, and i think we would be naturals at contributing to this.

here is their website:
    http://beautynight.org/index.php/how...-and-supplies/

i don't have a big apartment, but i do have some storage space in the basement that i might use to start gathering things. you could drop things off to the organization yourself, or i'd be happy to look into ways of gathering stuff at meetups too. let me know if anyone would be interested. might be a fun way to give back without spending a lot of money. there is only so much jergens moisturizing lotion i can use anyway, haha. and i don't even dye my hair, so who knows what im going to do with all these potential hairdye coupon stacks.

if anyone is interested, please feel free to brainstorm here. no worries if it doesnt work for you
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Actually, I learned about this event a few years ago and think it is an extremely worthy cause. I saw some things in the clearance bins at SDM and RCSS recently which I might still have some coupons for. I will go back and see if the stuff is still available. If I find any good stuff I will send you a PM. I am also going to give them a call to see if they need any volunteers estheticians. My daughter recently did some work for a similar cause and I am sure she would be willing to do it again in the future. Thanks for posting.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I have lots of shaving cream that I dont need

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

wow this is awesome!! what a great thing.... keep updating this post!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Here is my update...they still had some of the makeup on clearance at SDM when I went there...unfortunately there was not a lot of selection left when I went back but I did pick up...5 lip glosses I was also thinking that I have an anbundance of Arm& Hammer toothpaste coupons which state that they can be used on any. I am thinking that this means they could be used on the travel size ones but will check into it when I am at the store next. I sort of thought that way I could buy a higher volume than if I were to stack for the larger tubes. Also, I spoke with my daughter about volunteering and she filled out the application the very same day. That's all I've got for now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sorry i never caught the replies to this earlier im so glad your daughter is getting involved myriah! i have a small pile of lotions that is growing, but i hope to make it a much bigger pile of stuff as soon as the semester wraps! i feel like i've been missing out on tons of great deals lately, but aim to get back in the game and get beauty night some cool stuff!

Thread Information