User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I see there's a lot of new visitors today and I was wondering where they're coming from

Were we mentioned on TV or in the paper or something?
    After Christmas, everyones broke, and wants to save a dollar or 2, or stretch out whatever money that wasnt spent on Christmas.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I watch the show and when the lady started cutting her coupons with the industrial cutter my eyes lit up!! DH looks at me and says "I you come home with an industrial cutter I will kill you." LOL!!! Maybe I can put it on my wishlist of birthday gifts he can buy me??LOL!! <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i read through the thread and i noticed (as i was watching to show also) many mentioned(show called it that also) "dumpster diving" but from what i saw she doesn't dumpster dive in the traditional sence she basically blue box dives for coupons.. she from what i figure goes to apartment buildings and checks out paper recycling bins (in apartments they are the size of dumpsters)
    Well did you see what she was wearing...some cute little mustardy coloured jacket - the same one she wore around the grocery store!
    Heck if i'm throwing myself into a dumpster i want overalls and heavy duty gloves

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    I watch the show and when the lady started cutting her coupons with the industrial cutter my eyes lit up!! DH looks at me and says "I you come home with an industrial cutter I will kill you." LOL!!! Maybe I can put it on my wishlist of birthday gifts he can buy me??LOL!! <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    I don't have an industrial cutter....but i do have a cutter and never thought to use it for cutting coupons. Bring on the next smartsource and maybe i'll give it ago...if i can find enough copies

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I watched it.. and although i think it's amazing how much they saved.. I think it's an addiction for them.. did anyone see how po'd the husband of the first lady was?.. When it affects your life to the degree that it was affecting that womans life it isn't "amazing" to me anymore it's sad..

Also there is no need for someone to have that much stuff.. if you can get carts and carts of stuff for free.. take what you can honestly use and donate it to people who really do need it!
    I am a "senior canuck" but have been away from the site for awhile.. Please be patient with me as I go through and re-learn the ins and outs, do's and don'ts once again. . I look forward to chatting and trading with all of you

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 12:05 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

It is just because we are just such great people and they want to join in!!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There should have been a 100 post minumum to join those contests.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    It is just because we are just such great people and they want to join in!!!!!
    that must be it

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For those who want to see the Extreme couponing show on TLC:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=130 align=left>Jan 04, 10:00 pm
    (60 minutes)

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=100 align=middle><INPUT id=addshow value=201101050300:201101042200:2:15911:56445:0:02 type=checkbox name=addshow>
    Remind Me

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=443 align=left>Extreme Couponing

TV-PG

Extreme Couponing profiles four shopaholics who use coupons to save thousands of dollars and amass huge stockpiles of goods.These shoppers go to the extremes, dumpster diving for coupons and spending hours a day searching the internet for great deals.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

Too bad our register system isn't set up like in the states. I use coupons there all the time and it's so easy, no fuss or fighting with the cashier which coupon is valid with what!! It just automatically takes off. If there is a problem, they just override it with one button.

I want coupon doubling!!! When will they introduce that here?

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I loved it and taped it for my husband and kids to see so they stop thinking I am going crazy. WOW, if we could be that luck eh?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think a mixture of the after Christmas money blahs, the Extreme couponing show and some of us dragging people in as we went on mega use up the coupon sprees - I know a few people stopped me to look at my binder in WM the other day
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Watched this last night, I think my favourite part of the show was how the stores can SCAN the coupons. How much easier would that make things if they did that here, no more cashier having to punch everything in and get confused.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    Watched this last night, I think my favourite part of the show was how the stores can SCAN the coupons. How much easier would that make things if they did that here, no more cashier having to punch everything in and get confused.
    What would be even better would be they scan the coupon to the coresspondng item and if the item you bought does not qualify then there are no arguments.

Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information