User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My problem is finding coupons. I rarely ever see them instore. I am signed up on the sites mentioned in this site but I usually find it difficult to find ones for common products. I wish there were more printable ones, or is there a site I can buy them from? I guess it just take time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rattleandhumm View Post
    My problem is finding coupons. I rarely ever see them instore. I am signed up on the sites mentioned in this site but I usually find it difficult to find ones for common products. I wish there were more printable ones, or is there a site I can buy them from? I guess it just take time.
    try a different store. Metro, No Frills, Food Basics, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc... all have coupons. It all depends on how much time you want to either "invest" or "waste". I like to grab a couple (not all) when I see coupons that won't expire for a while.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

I watched and it was great but when you live in Vancouver the only place you can do that at is London Drugs. Unless you have free coupons. I have a lot of stock and the only reason is because of London Drugs. We can't double your coupons in Canada and in the US they do get better coupons. I know because I lived there. When I lived there I did coupon shopping and let me tell you it was a lot of fun. Especially at Albertson's where they had deals where if you bought 5 or 10 items you would get so much off and then use my coupons. That was a lot of fun. I don't miss a lot about the US but I sure do miss some of the deals I got. Thank goodness for London Drugs because not even in the US could I get diapers for free and I get all my diapers for free right now.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank you 23edge. I have Sobeys, Super Store, Coop, and SDM here. I do see some at the entrance to the Super Store on a board and a few from time to time on and in the products I buy. I guess I just need to better train my eyes. I agree and understand the grab a couple and not all philosophy. It is time well wasted lol. A lot of fun!!
    This site is amazing and the members sure are helpfull. Thanks again!!

Awesome
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck71 View Post
    I watched and it was great but when you live in Vancouver the only place you can do that at is London Drugs. Unless you have free coupons. I have a lot of stock and the only reason is because of London Drugs. We can't double your coupons in Canada and in the US they do get better coupons. I know because I lived there. When I lived there I did coupon shopping and let me tell you it was a lot of fun. Especially at Albertson's where they had deals where if you bought 5 or 10 items you would get so much off and then use my coupons. That was a lot of fun. I don't miss a lot about the US but I sure do miss some of the deals I got. Thank goodness for London Drugs because not even in the US could I get diapers for free and I get all my diapers for free right now.
    The Krazy Coupon Lady said on her website that her coupons weren't doubled. She's in northern California & says the stores there don't do that. Yes, they do get more (and better) coupons than we do here.. But there are still some great deals to be had!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    I think there is a new episode tomorrow.

Just got to watch it now, missed it last week.
    I think there is a new episode tomorrow also. 6pm MST

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

It's still not up on youtube ): just some clips....
    Looking for $1 off Pampers or Huggies wipes

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some of these people are way way too extreme...if you're buying more than a years worth, I'm sorry...you are a hoarder and obsessive shopper.
    Online all the time? Might as well get FREE STUFF! join swagbucks with me here:

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I miss the first one, ,so i was happy to see the re-run. I am amaze how much they can save. Yes, its unfortunate stores don't double here. I wish i can do the same...i think these extreme couponers have supportive spouse.
    A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. --

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I feel the same as you do! I know for us, couponing is going to be a new way of life for us.... no choice in the matter.... 40yo hubby just starting to get back to work after open heart surgery, three children, one with special needs.... so there is no way we can get daycare subsidy, and I sponsored my hubby up from the states when we got married, so no assistance.

I find it annoying that we pay so much more here, that we don't have access to the same coupons, and that we have to argue more with store staff.

And I hate to be the one to say it, but if I get the opportunity, I will "hoard" as some have put it, because that could be what gets us through the next couple of months, especially with medication issues with hubby and what not..... I don't see "hoarding" or "stocking up" as a bad thing.... everything I have read says at least 3 months, sometimes 6..... and how many times is he going to be out of work due to medical complications, or I will be out of work due to lay offs and recessions..... his last job was outsourced, I was locked out (still am after two years) from my second last job, and laid off due to the recession after a year and a bit at the one following..... Only one of us can work full time, and he brings in more ........ not even touching on that to stock up for 3-6 months for a family of five would be a heck of a lot.... we go through a loaf of bread and a jug of milk every second day!!!

Bah.... I'm venting ..... sorry guys......
    Last edited by ypperin; Tue, Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:59 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow, it good to know that I can get free diaper at London Drugs by stacking coupon. Will need a lot of diaper soon. Im due very soon. Thanks!
    A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. --

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

there comes a point where how much is TOO MUCH, where your stockpile starts taking over your life (dedicating 8+hours a day, ignoring your family/kids/spouse, dropping everything to get "that great deal", having your home shrinking around you due to so much "stuff" surrounding you, products are expiring becuase you simply cannot use it all in it's life span) you need to stop

couponing can be fun, the thrill of the deal, the "savings" at the bottom of the reciept making it a fun experince (sorta how the second woman did, she involved her son and made it part of her day to day thing)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am wondering if Nathan and everybody he knows will smell good for the rest of there days considering how much deodorant he bought! WOWzers is all I can say!!!!!! He litterly should donate all those deodorant (keep enough for a few years vs a lifetime for a hundred or so people!), his insane toothbrush collection....and more!

I think what these people do is cool and super thrilling as it's the thrill of a hot deal but honest to god.....I like the second last lady (the retired black lady) as she has some self control and helps everybody around her by educating them about the power of coupons!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Ypperin, I think you have unique circumstances and I can see why you need to stockpile more items than many of us would need to. I hope things improve for you and your family...it sounds like you really have alot to juggle.

Stacking ninja....Hija!!! nottinkerbell's Avatar
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I also don't think anyone is against stockpiling. I think we all have a stockpile. This is the nature of couponing. But a 40 year supply of TP????? Come on!! Or hundreds of toothbrushes and deoderant. There is no reason for this except OCD. Imagine all the hidden financial costs to heating, insuring, paying a mortgage etc on all the extra space these folks have to support this hobby. Is it really still such a great "deal"??
    Have I mentioned I love coupons??

Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread Information