User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I think people would rather have Diet Coke then nothing at all... you know what I mean?

What kind of vitamin water was it? I didn't think that stuff was that bad for you, but I don't really watch whats in the liquids I drink

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

he commented that he was sending alot of it overseas to the troups.. i'm sure they appreciate things that have some sugar level in them and vitamins (vitamin water)

i think it was great that he could donate all that bacon
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    Sometimes I'll buy a Coke for a treat. People who use foodbanks are the same...they deserve a treat sometimes too....I think it's great he passed along the Diet Coke and Vitamin Water! It's not like he was claiming that the stuff sustains all life or anything!

I love how he got the jeans. Where oh where would you get jeans coupons?! That's awesome.
    He seems to be very good at getting deals. At the beginning of the show, he showed some of his deals in his house -- like his tub.

I also liked how the three females (grandmother, mother and daughter) all lived together, couponed together and shopped together. The idea of helping three generations on one social worker salary was a good message for this week's show.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Out of the entire 1 hour episode of 4 families couponing, I really liked the gentleman in the 2nd episode. He's a church goer and also works to donate items that he gets for free - this is awesome and amazing. He will be truly blessed for sure. This is one of the best episodes yet. Did you also notice at the end of his couponing venture, they showed his basement and how empty it was after they donated? He's truly looking to help others rather than himself and his family.

He didn't discuss however, how he was able to get discounts on renovations, electronics, clothing, etc. I would love to know how he was able to use coupons for renos? That's really interesting...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll admit, I gained interest after watching the show. I started finding out ways to save on the net and this is one of many helpful sites that I have found. So thank you everyone!

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by browngirl82 View Post
    Out of the entire 1 hour episode of 4 families couponing, I really liked the gentleman in the 2nd episode. He's a church goer and also works to donate items that he gets for free - this is awesome and amazing. He will be truly blessed for sure. This is one of the best episodes yet. Did you also notice at the end of his couponing venture, they showed his basement and how empty it was after they donated? He's truly looking to help others rather than himself and his family.

He didn't discuss however, how he was able to get discounts on renovations, electronics, clothing, etc. I would love to know how he was able to use coupons for renos? That's really interesting...

Agreed.

I really liked that he donated everything, including his TIME to do all of this. That is a huge undertaking since he is probably involved in a lot of other ministry at his church as well.

I doubt he was able to use coupons for renos and stuff, probably just bartered or traded services, or even traded his own coupon "stash" for them!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seventhwave View Post
    Agreed.

I really liked that he donated everything, including his TIME to do all of this. That is a huge undertaking since he is probably involved in a lot of other ministry at his church as well.

I doubt he was able to use coupons for renos and stuff, probably just bartered or traded services, or even traded his own coupon "stash" for them!
    I think the KrazyCouponLady did the same thing - get deals outside of the supermarket. She used eBay and other sites. She found new things on eBay. In the U.S. there are sites where you can get discount coupons for retailers other than stores.Joanie mentioned Swagbucks, Mr. Rebates, eBay bucks and online coupon codes.

Here she is on Nate Berkus' show (second video)
    http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2011/0...saving-videos/

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Finally got through the thread. My 2 daughters are in awe of the show but they are only 13 and 9.

DH was bemused by the whole thing. I had to show him this site so he could see why I still need a budget to buy food.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by browngirl82 View Post

Apparently the jeans were from Target and he had a five dollar coupon from Target, making the jeans free.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i do like the first guy.. he might have had a heck of alot of stuff... but at the end of the day he donated everything to a charity that he is part of.. he doen't feel the need to have a lifetime supply of any one product sitting in his basement
    I really liked him too! It's so great that he's doing that!

I do wonder though... how did they get ALL that stuff (all the 2L pop especially) in their small car ... Maybe they had another van or something...

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    If he's into couponing he's okay then.Very frustrating for couponers when their spouse or partner goes out and buys stuff full price.It's like they defeated all the couponers hard work.It will be nice to see them show an honest couponer who saves a ton of money.
    lol, this is precisely why I'm starting my stockpile with items for my husband. He's the guy most likely to run over to 7-11 and pay 8 bucks for deodorant!
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I watched the show for the 1st time. Do you really think that up here (in Canada) you could really buy $400.00 worth of groceries for around $10.00? Is thaere any stores that do have double coupon days? And where are they?
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Extremely rare top have a double coupon day, and while with stacking its possible to get your total down, $400 in actual groceries for $10 is not the norm here
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It seems each week they are buying dozens of maybe 6 items or so. Not a regular grocery haul. I think I did good saving 40% off my last regular grocery purchase. No where near what they save but I got a much bigger variety of things. And I also didn't get more then 2 of any one item. The show does show them saving big bucks on their stock pile items though.
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For lots of the "bigger" things, outside stores, ebay becomes great for it. You can also go to discount furniture stores, liquidation stores (we call them the bottom feeder stores, lovingly haha). I've also bought furniture on kijiji (ikea shelf retails for 169... bought on ebay in perfect condition for under 100) Also bought my solid ash bed frame on kijiji from a custom furniture place that was stopping their furniture line and only doing custom carpentry... $50! (would have retailed about $800.

It pays to look, sometimes you can find stuff on freecycle too. There are some things I would never buy second hand (computers, mattresses, towels, sheets etc) but you wouldnt believe how much you can find for great prices used :D

Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information