User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1701
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I took a look at three clips of extreme couponing cheapskates, on the TLC website.
    One was about making your own cloth toilet wipes. Another clip was about reusing paper towels. The third clip was about dumpster diving for an anniverary present.

Well, we re-use paper towels to clean up messes around the house. Our paper towels are not used just once.

I am very sad about the dumpster diving for an anniverary present brag. The guy found a rose for his wife and a kettle, that he was going to give her because she likes tea.
    http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/extr...sary-gift.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We don't use paper towels. Dish cloths and tea towels wipe up everything and into the washing machine they go.

Toilet cloth wipes. Heard about them elsewhere. They remind me of the flannel cloths I used to clean the babies bottoms and then threw in the diaper bucket and soaked them in vinegar and water. The washing machine survived two babies worth of flannels and diapers and nobody died. lol.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

i'm still surprized at what they can do.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Some of these things sound kind of interesting.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Extreme Cheapskates the man who doggy bags other people's food yuck.It would be healthier to eat kibble.Taking ketchup from restaurants without buying anything is stealing.That man who goes round biking for spare change 40 miles for $7.00 exhausting.He did one thing unfrugal with the goats heads.He should have asked the butcher how much they were instead of just of offering $7.00.Those goats head were just disgusting.That lady who feeds the other people's kids expired food.If the other people's kids end up with food poisoning.She should pay for their doctor and hospital bill.Her collecting plants where it's obviously it's got dog presents and pee and most likely pesticides on it.Just yuck again.That guy barters for everything is annoying.He went to the hair and tanning salon for a hair cut he's taking away money from people who work there who are paid to do those chores.If they do another show I wouldn't do anything they do but I would watch it.I think it's a better than Extreme Couponing All Stars.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 03:19 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

BRB Going to vomit after watching goat head man crack those skulls open like crab legs with a cracker. EW.

I really am afraid to watch the entire thing if that's the vibe it has.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    BRB Going to vomit after watching goat head man crack those skulls open like crab legs with a cracker. EW.

I really am afraid to watch the entire thing if that's the vibe it has.
    Don't eat at the same time you watch the show.It will be on again on January 10.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    That man who goes round biking for spare change 40 miles for $7.00 exhausting.
    Yup, weird way to get exercise.
    But he gets a financial reward.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I thought the reusing cloth toilet paper to save money was weird, since you can get it free in the states with coupons. (I find it weird BECAUSE she can get it free--not for other reasons. It's like cloth diapers and that is fine!)

In her "I save $XXX a month by not buying it!" she wasn't factoring in: The cost of laundry detergent to wash the cloth, hydro to use the washing machine, water to wash it in (I'm assuming since they time showers they pay for water--I feel bad for them, I would hate to pay for water!), etc.

There are less savings in using cloth for her then she claims, since the hydro, water, and detergent negate the savings. She could just use coupons and get them free and not use hydro, water, or detergent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I am very sad about the dumpster diving for an anniverary present brag. The guy found a rose for his wife and a kettle, that he was going to give her because she likes tea.
    My mom and I were joking about how that's more than my father ever gave her for anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, or anything (they've been married 35 years and he's never given her anything or even remembered the days). The guy at least tried to do something for his wife, in his own quirky way. It's better than nothing!
    Last edited by Kyeste; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    I thought the reusing cloth toilet paper to save money was weird, since you can get it free in the states with coupons. (I find it weird BECAUSE she can get it free--not for other reasons. It's like cloth diapers and that is fine!)

In her "I save $XXX a month by not buying it!" she wasn't factoring in: The cost of laundry detergent to wash the cloth, hydro to use the washing machine, water to wash it in (I'm assuming since they time showers they pay for water--I feel bad for them, I would hate to pay for water!), etc.

There are less savings in using cloth for her then she claims, since the hydro, water, and detergent negate the savings. She could just use coupons and get them free and not use hydro, water, or detergent.

My mom and I were joking about how that's more than my father ever gave her for anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, or anything (they've been married 35 years and he's never given her anything or even remembered the days). The guy at least tried to do something for his wife, in his own quirky way. It's better than nothing!
    She should talk to that lady on Extreme Couponing that had toilet paper stored under kid's bed how to get cheap toilet paper.If it was between something from a dumpster present and nothing.I would prefer nothing.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 04:46 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CBC video on extreme couponing in Saskatoon http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...couponing.html You are allowed to comment on the CBC site on this story until December 31 11:59pm.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 06:09 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If it was between something from a dumpster present and nothing.I would prefer nothing.
    I've gotten plenty of things from dumpsters that are fine. The only bicycle I ever owned was from a dumpster. You wouldn't believe some of the things people throw out!

Granted, I would probably not want an appliance or kitchen aid like a kettle from a dumpster... but certain things are totally okay.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    Not sure I understand about your comment about paying for water. We pay for water in Oshawa. It's the water plus the sewer charge. It's about an 80 dollar bill over a few months.

Lucky-you don't pay for water.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Those goats head were just disgusting.
    I believe that in some parts of the world goat's heads are eaten normally - in curry, and in goat's head soup. It's the norm is certain parts of the world.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Not sure I understand about your comment about paying for water. We pay for water in Oshawa. It's the water plus the sewer charge. It's about an 80 dollar bill over a few months.

Lucky-you don't pay for water.
    What's confusing about it exactly? She said in the episode she timed her older kids showers. That seemed odd to mention in a show about saving money until my ex told me people pay for water usage. Since we don't have town water, we don't pay for it.

I'm sure since you have a sewer you don't pay for a septic tank to be pumped. Is that correct? (I don't know much about cities, I live in a very rural area and have zero interest in the inner workings of cities).
    Last edited by Kyeste; Fri, Dec 30th, 2011 at 12:19 AM.

Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast

Thread Information