User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Walmart will price match ANY store in CANADA!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thank you for the info! This will prove extremely helpful to those who are new to pricematching and using coupons!
    Could you find it in your heart to help out a single mother in need. Any donation would be forever appreciated. If you could share the page through the link that would be wonderful too! Thanks so much.
    http://www.gofundme.com/2nqsf8

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scam-master View Post
    LOL I know - this "ad match" that everyone is excited about has been around for years at Walmart nothing new, nothing earth-shattering. I guess for some reason a lot of people just didn't know..
    Not really, the OP said they would match any store in Canada which is completely different than their usual local competitor rules on admatch

For people living out west where food prices in particular are expensive, it would be worth getting Ontario flyers to PM
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So let me get this straight. Price Chopper has 24's of COKE on sale for $5.77 this week. If I bring my Price Chopper flyer into any Walmart they will give me a 24 of their COKE for $5.77 also?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

^ If it's identical, then yes.

I have a feeling they recently decided to do the Canada-wide flyer thing, after the flyer went to print. My flyer says they were printed back on February 18th. I wouldn't be that surprised after what happened last week where they actually put out a correction ad in the newspaper for a bunch of items.

And I don't think they would make a TV commercial so misleading.
    Last edited by awalkman; Mon, Mar 14th, 2011 at 09:24 AM.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

i saw a walmart commercial on tv last night that advertised price matching of "local" stores, and didn't say anything about any store across canada. i'm confused. is there any proof that certain stores are offering this new across canada price matching? i mean mean proof other than hearsay?
    Check out my wishlist

EARN $$$$$ with SWAGBUCKS

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyhegmans View Post
    i love pricematching at WM too but i always get a bit frazzled at the checkout because i have so many things and have to stop at each item, find it in the flyer, then hand my coupons etc. it gets confusing... any tips on making it go smoothly and faster?
    This is how I do it:
    Thursday night I go through all the flyers, and I write on a piece of paper what I want to pricematch, how much, and quantity.
    Example:

Metro
    Black Diamond Cheese Slices 500g $2.99 x1

NoFrills
    CocaCola 2L $.99 x3

FoodBasic$
    Chapman's Frozen Novelties 8pk $4 x1

etc etc etc

And then I gather up all my flyers and the list and away I go.
    I also go through my coupons in advance and have the ones I'm going to be using right at the front of my folder.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried price-matching at Walmart today. However, they wouldn't let me use coupons for anything I wanted to price match. Her words were "nope, one or the other, not both". Just called customer service and this is, in fact, their policy. Boo...
    Last edited by Totter; Mon, Mar 14th, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

brittanyb
    Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Totter View Post
    I tried price-matching at Walmart today. However, they wouldn't let me use coupons for anything I wanted to price match. Her words were "nope, one or the other, not both". Just called customer service and this is, in fact, their policy. Boo...

Thats weird i have never had a problem doing both, i do it ALL the time. I was just reading and email i received from their head office about their coupon policy and it didn't say anything that you can't combine the two hmmm

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bborik18 View Post
    Thats weird i have never had a problem doing both, i do it ALL the time. I was just reading and email i received from their head office about their coupon policy and it didn't say anything that you can't combine the two hmmm
    i do it all the time too with no problems.
    Check out my wishlist

EARN $$$$$ with SWAGBUCKS

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Totter, they did that to me once and I just said, fine I will just go to that store and use my coupons on the sale price there and it usually clicks that its not an offer
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Could we print an online flyer? I don't receive the Rexall flyer at home but would love to pricematch the adiddas deodorant (all sold out the first day...)?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Totter, they did that to me once and I just said, fine I will just go to that store and use my coupons on the sale price there and it usually clicks that its not an offer
    That's exactly what I said and did. The only reason I went to Walmart was I thought I'd have an easier time using the coupon there. Turns out that Rexall took 6 of my coupons in one transaction (the cashier DID have to check with the manager though).

The cashier at Rexall actually told me that I should save the coupons for when the deodorant is full price and pay the sale price now. I looked at her and said "but I can get them for the cost of only the tax today!". Some people just don't get the whole coupon thing

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

would like to see a copy of this in print before I believe it........

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Here is this week's flyer with the print-screen of the last page. The PM has not changed from previous. They will price match with "Local stores". And get this: not applicable on sales, double,triplecoupon, combination ect.. So I'm guessing this is where cashiers are getting confused about not being able to use a coupon with PM.

Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    Here is this week's flyer with the print-screen of the last page. The PM has not changed from previous. They will price match with "Local stores". And get this: not applicable on sales, double,triplecoupon, combination ect.. So I'm guessing this is where cashiers are getting confused about not being able to use a coupon with PM.
    It was head office customer service(not a cashier) that said I couldn't use a coupon if I was price matching.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information