User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Went to pick up 1 (ONE!) softlips with the old coupon today (ie: does not have the prit that says it can't be combined with sales).

I was informed at SDM bower that you can't use coupons with sales. I ask where it says that on the coupon. "can not be combined with any other offers"

Apparently an "offer" is a sale, and any coupon that says that can not be used on sale items. This is after I asked to have the manager's opinion.

What about a flier they released that said "use your P & G coupons with this flyer" or something to that effect... "we no longer do that" uh huh...

Why is it such a huge deal when all of a sudden you're going to get something for free?!!?? I seriously suspect coupons on sales are fine - just don't try to get anything for "free"... They know they get reimbursed right? I understand if it says "not to be used with sales" then they might not be, but this was not the case...yeesh /end rant
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Want another way to earn free amazon.ca or amazon.com gift certificates?? I average $15 a week!! You can even cash in for paypal without it "costing" you more points!! Click here to for my blog and ALL the info about Superpoints Make sure to comment for my referal incentives!!

Superpoints invite: http://superpoints.com/refer/Invitetoken Invitetoken

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have this printed Softlips coupon too and it does say Not valid with any other offer:including in-stores sales,promotions or other coupons.So you unfortunately can't use this coupon on the $2 Softlips.The Tazo tea coupon that came with Glow magazine said it was only to be used on regular price product.Stayfree printable is only for regular price product.Some manufacturers just don't want us to get something to cheap.I think it's not to smart on their part.You might be more likely to try something new cheap and might pay regular price next time because you like it so much.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Mar 15th, 2011 at 02:51 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Mine doesn't say that... It's the version before it was ammended
    Want another way to earn free amazon.ca or amazon.com gift certificates?? I average $15 a week!! You can even cash in for paypal without it "costing" you more points!! Click here to for my blog and ALL the info about Superpoints Make sure to comment for my referal incentives!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I think the marketers should see it that way...because you are right Poirot...there are many things I have tried and bought again...because the first try was FREE!!!
    Its almost like I owe them something.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

They are just adding a new dimension to our game.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

It says: "limit one coupon per purchase. Not valid with any other offer. Expires: march 31, 2011" that's it - no added fine print to include sales. Pretty standard for most coupons (you can find the old version floating around the forums here).

But that's beside the point, as I was told "No" coupons could be used on any sale items - regardless of wording - at SDM.
    Last edited by Jaysmom; Mon, Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:40 PM.

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

SDM Bower is awful for couponing IMHO. I have only had 1 positive experience there (the Vector cereal buy - where I used 2 x $1.00 off coupons on CLEARANCE cereal - so that manager is making up her own stuff) - but aside from that one experience, they've all been HORRID!!!! I've been sneered at, laughed at, and spoken to in ways that nobody should have to experience just because they use coupons. I had one cashier tell me that I could only use ONE coupon for the whole transaction & to pick which one I wanted to use, wouldn't call the manager over, and said I could only purchase 2 of an item in a transaction!!!!! I literally left my cart with around $350.00 worth of purchases sitting in front of her till and walked out.

Make the trip to the north end store, Lacombe or Sylvan Lake - seriously all three of these stores are absolutely 100% coupon friendly (in my experience over the last 1.5 years)!! Red Deer north/Lacombe has never, ever given me any hassle whatsoever about a coupon and the staff at the Sylvan store are phenomenal........seriously.......phenomenal. Once they get to know you, it's an even better experience as then they will start to trust your knowledge & now with me they rarely even read my coupons besides to check for expiry (which most times they don't even do that when I go to the north store).

Don't let it get you down.......at least we have other stores within a reasonable distance to shop at that DO want our business
    DO YOU LIKE FREE!! SO DO WE!!
    EARN AMAZON.CA GIFT CERTIFICATES (AND MUCH MORE!!) JUST FOR SEARCHING THE WEB!! IT'S EASY AND FREE!!
    SWAGBUCKS IS WHERE IT'S AT SO DON'T DELAY, SIGN UP TODAY!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BFMamaOf2

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Oh, and I went to PM at WM south since I was headed there anyways, but was told by customer service (who had to call over the manager because she didn't know) that they do not accept coupons with a price match. I've given up on softlips, lol - I have 2 blistex from the RCSS clearance & will just hope for a short winter, lol. I was considering hitting up Zellers but wasn't really in the mood for a 3rd coupon rejection.

Edit: thanks for encouragement! I'll def hit up the north store and see what they say tomorrow
    Last edited by Jaysmom; Tue, Mar 15th, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

Ugh, seriously??? They tried that whole no coupon with a PM deal with me as well when I first started couponing & I stood at the checkout until I had spoken to enough people to get the correct answer which is YES you can most definitely PM and use a coupon as well! Again, I've always been much, much, much more successful using coupons at the north WM. Just recently had a bit of a tiff over the save $4WUB any 2 Ziploc products as both stores were stating that the coupon was only valid on the 50 count boxes although the coupon clearly stated ANY. Again, I wouldn't finalize my transaction until I had spoken to the right person in charge and the coupon was accepted......created a lineup behind me, but oh well........I was there first & honestly it was only 2 boxes of the flippin Ziploc each store I went to so it's not like I was trying to get a bazillion for free. Keep trying It does get easier the more knowledge/experience you get under your belt!
    DO YOU LIKE FREE!! SO DO WE!!
    EARN AMAZON.CA GIFT CERTIFICATES (AND MUCH MORE!!) JUST FOR SEARCHING THE WEB!! IT'S EASY AND FREE!!
    SWAGBUCKS IS WHERE IT'S AT SO DON'T DELAY, SIGN UP TODAY!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BFMamaOf2

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

A month or so when the first Softlips coupon was floating around and on sale at SDM I had no issues using it and another coupon. I think the only advantage I have is all the staff recgonize me from working in the mall years ago. I guess I had a lucky day.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I agree with all statements so far. Bower SDM is terrible for coupons and they have changed their policy to 1 coupon for entire transaction. So needless to say I don't coupon there anymore. I live closer to the North Shopper's and they are much nicer about coupons but you need to know what you are doing. I am going to try the softlips on wednesday. I have the old print out one as well.

Wal-mart south is give and take. I think it depends which cashier and CSM you get. they really do make stuff up. I can't believe you got the manager though and they said they don't PM and take coupons for the same item. I have done it a fair amount of times. I usually argue until I get my way. But if a manager says no then I guess you have to accept it. I would try the North store mostly from now on though.

I have also tried stuff for free and liked it so much that I have gone out and purchased it for money oop. So I am not sure why companies are cracking down so much. Don't they want us to try their products to see if we like them. Word of mouth goes a long way.

Anyway hang in there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better at the North Shopper's
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysmom View Post
    It says: "limit one coupon per purchase. Not valid with any other offer. Expires: march 31, 2011" that's it - no added fine print to include sales. Pretty standard for most coupons (you can find the old version floating around the forums here).

But that's beside the point, as I was told "No" coupons could be used on any sale items - regardless of wording - at SDM.
    That is just absolutely nuts not letting you use coupons on sale items.I bought at Shoppers Drug Mart Village Mall a Saputo lite mozzarella cheese that was on sale for $3.99 and had a $1.00 manager's special coupon.Those manager's special coupons they won't get any money back on because it's the store's own coupon and the cashier took it off $1.00 no problem.At Shoppers Bower Mall the other week when Royale 16 double rolls were on sale for $5.99 I used $1.00 coupon and at the same purchase I used $1.50 coupon on Special K Honey and Oats cereal that was on sale too.Just on Saturday at Shoppers Bower Mall I used my $1.50 coupon on the $4.99 Scottowel no problem.I just have to say again that is just absolutely nuts not letting you use coupons on sale items.If they do that to me I will be really ticked and will just make all my purchases at Shoppers at the Village Mall.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Mar 15th, 2011 at 02:49 AM.

I love a good deal!
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I bought 2 Adidas deodorant today at SDM which was on their clearance shelf for $1.99. When I presented $2 off coupons when I was paying, the cashier asked me if I brought the coupons with me or if I just found them lying around. (I guess he meant in the store.) I told them I brought them with me and asked why he wanted to know. He told me that if I had just found them he couldn't take them, but since I brought them with me he had to take them. He was nice about it, but I thought it was strange. I shop at that SDM at least a couple times a week and that's the first time I had been asked that!

I've never had any problems using coupons at the 3 SDM I shop at. Maybe there are more changes to come and we're going to have more problems using coupons. I'll be sad if that happens.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I agree with all statements so far. Bower SDM is terrible for coupons and they have changed their policy to 1 coupon for entire transaction. So needless to say I don't coupon there anymore. I live closer to the North Shopper's and they are much nicer about coupons but you need to know what you are doing. I am going to try the softlips on wednesday. I have the old print out one as well.

Wal-mart south is give and take. I think it depends which cashier and CSM you get. they really do make stuff up. I can't believe you got the manager though and they said they don't PM and take coupons for the same item. I have done it a fair amount of times. I usually argue until I get my way. But if a manager says no then I guess you have to accept it. I would try the North store mostly from now on though.

I have also tried stuff for free and liked it so much that I have gone out and purchased it for money oop. So I am not sure why companies are cracking down so much. Don't they want us to try their products to see if we like them. Word of mouth goes a long way.

Anyway hang in there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better at the North Shopper's
    Yeah, I was more than certain it was allowed, but after SDM was not in the mood to argue, especially with the manager. The sad thing is that now that cashier (at customer service no less) thinks that anyone who is price matching can't use coupons, and probably won't ever ask again & will just flat out deny the coupons because now she "knows" the policy. :shrugs:

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

AHhhh!!

I do alot of shopping at Zellers now, lol. I have never ever had a problem there. Not one that stands out anyway.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information