User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

KellyC!

So far you are right on track, and I know it feels good, as I mentioned earlier I did this. It is such a great feeling to have a certain amount of actual cash in your change purse and it hardly goes down at all!! Except for the fresh things that need replenishing the freezer is your " go to guy" for the rest!

Keep up the positive posts, we are rooting for ya!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

sounds like you are keeping right on track with this. Good luck and hope you can do it!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

WTG KellyC!!! your no $ for 2 weeks inspired me ... i looked in my freezer ... gotta start eating something outta there .... i'll come back later to see what you did for today ... lol ...

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

THURSDAY, APRIL 7th - Day 4

This morning I woke up with the urge to go to Walmart. I wanted to go look for cheap cereal with icecream coupons and use up some April expiry coupons. It was like a strong craving, but I waited it out and now it's gone. Do I really NEED any of that stuff that the coupons are expiring for? No. Do I really need a 20th box of cereal? No. Do I really need more coupons for icecream? No...and if I do, I can still work my way towards a couple more on the Chapman's site for free. I have 3 Chapmans $5 here and 1 cereal $5. That is more than enough icecream to last us for a long time. This experiment is really teaching me the difference between wants and needs. It feels so good to overcome those urges.

Breakfast: French toast made with whole wheat bread (coupon), eggs, milk (coupon), cinnamon, maple syrup (coupon) and a little sprinkle of powdered sugar.

Lunch: Lemon Pepper fish (coupon) and sweet potato fries (coupon)

Dinner: Tacos! (coupon)

I had a great mail day again today! A $15 Tim Horton's card and a John Frieda Brilliant Brunette sample duo with a $5 WUB2 coupon!

Didn't even leave the house today.

Grand Total OOP for today: $0
    Last edited by KellyC; Thu, Apr 7th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check out this blog

http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.com/

She's doing a one month no buy unless absolutely necessary pantry clear out.

The recipes are pretty simple but might not be to everyone's taste.

Oh, and you should see the end of day markdowns they get in the UK. PinkSticker fever? Forget it, she gets stuff marked down to like 50cents.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wish u stay alive!
    Just got my new Macbook Air

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

You can do it!!!! Stay strong!!!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Wow what a totally fabulous idea...Wishing you the best of luck and I look forward to reading your updates...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

You are doing great. All your shopping deals coming to good use. Keep going.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I am also trying to do something that looks like this. I am only buying fresh produce, meat, fish and milk for a while. Unless of course I can get something for free, I am planning not to buy food for a while. I stocked up yesterday at Shoppers during the bonus redemption. I am not documenting it like you are but it is a good feeling to get rid of some of the stockpile. My fridge and my freezer are really packed with food so I know I can do this. The hardest part will be the kids lunches but I will try to be imaginative.
    Last edited by Bargain Seeker; Tue, Apr 12th, 2011 at 04:28 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So kelly...I am bumping this out of curiousity?? Were you able to resist SDM temptation on the weekend? ( just teasing you a bit, was such awesome promos, both the double redeem, the CG 50x, and the Esso gas card ( $75.00 )

babies teach us acceptance

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Nah....I failed miserably! It all started on Friday when I got the $50 Mickey Wii game for $19.18 for the kids. Then I had to cash in on the 17cents a can beans at Walmart. Sunday we took the kids to see Hop and even though we had the BOGO coupons and coupons for the snacks, it still cost us over $25. Then of course the 50x points on Covergirl was too much to pass up. Aaaaaaah!!! I SUCK! BUT...for the most part my spending was not on food....just the crackers and the beans which I will be sharing with family.

So....mission is down the toilet. But I did learn from the experiment and I am questioning things before I buy them. I am also trying not to buy food unless it's free or nearly free. It's been fun using up some of the stuff around here, even though I STILL can't notice that anything is missing!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

As far as I am concerned you did not fail, It takes a lot of courage to do what you were doing and I'm quite proud of you... I do the no shop about 3 times a yr just to clear out the freezer/cupboards.... That way you don't end up with expired foods/cans that go to waste....Besides you can always give it another try,

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by grannyg View Post
    As far as I am concerned you did not fail, It takes a lot of courage to do what you were doing and I'm quite proud of you... I do the no shop about 3 times a yr just to clear out the freezer/cupboards.... That way you don't end up with expired foods/cans that go to waste....Besides you can always give it another try,
    I totally agree with what grannyg said KellyC, you did an amazing job regardless of that weekend shop and it was great to read of your progress. I liken it to my "no junk food" quest but somehow a potato chip or fry ends up on my plate! Hey, you see potato chips, I say "vegetable"!!! all the best
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My New Years Resolution for the past 3 or so years has been to get to the bottom of my freezer. So every Jan 1st I get in there and start pulling things out. Sometimes I think... 'when did I get this' and 'what am I going to do with this'. Funny how stuff gets in there and I can't remember buying it. haha!!

Good luck with the experiment... I'm looking forward to seeing how creative you get and how the no spending goes! I'll be back!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information