User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    191 (100%)

I have a J&J replacement coupon that's good for any Aveeno/Lubriderm/Clean & Clear/Neutrogena. From what I've learned on SC, the coupon is good on any item, including gift sets. So I had planned to use the coupon for a baby gift set for my friend who recently had a baby boy.

I went to SDM store 875 (Huntingwood & Warden) yesterday and picked up the Aveeno Baby gift set, along with a nice gift bag & a SDM gift card (to pay for the gift bag). After I paid for my gift card, I handed over my coupon to the cashier. She didn't know what to do with the coupon, so she asked the head cashier, who then asked the assistant front store manager, and the ASM went to the back and asked the manager. The ASM came back and said I was not allowed to use the coupon on a gift set because it says "ONE replacement product", and the set has multiple items. I mentioned that the set has ONE upc number and therefore is considered an individual item. He said "no, you can only use this for ONE item only, not a gift set" I tried to call J&J but the office was closed. I called SDM customer service but was on hold for 20 mins so I hung up At that point, I really didn't feel like giving them any of my business so I asked the cashier to do a refund for my SDM gift card. The cashier of course, asked the head cashier, who then again asked the ASM, and the ASM denied my request, saying GCs are non-refundable. I told them I was not satisfied with the service I received at the store and did not want to spend any money there. He continued to denied my request so I called SDM customer service again, and this time determined to wait for someone to pick up the phone. Surprisingly, someone picked up after 5 mins. I explained to him about the J&J coupon situation and he didn't seem like he knew what I was talking about. He kept asking me "what's the maximum value of the coupon?" and I kept telling him " there's no max value", to which he said "that's impossible". So he asked me to stay on the line while he contacted the store manager at that store. Of course, I then knew what the outcome was gonna be. The CS came back and said the store has final say as to whether or not they will accept a coupon. The head office can't force the store to accept it. I knew there was no use arguing anymore so I just told CS that I wanted my money back for my gift card. He asked me "what type of GC did you purchase?" I said SDM gift card. He put me on hold and called the store manager again He came back and said I could get my refund back but reminded me that stores don't "normally" give refund for gift cards but since it's a SDM gc, the store manager agreed to make an exception.

So at this point, I just wanted my money back and leave the store asap. The head cashier tried to do the refund but the card for some reasons couldn't scan through. He apologized to me and said I could come back on Monday and try again because another store manager would be in and would know what to do. So I asked the head cashier to write me a note so I wouldn't run into any problems again on Monday. He said" you ARE entitled to get your refund anyway, but if you want, I can write you a note for sure" and he did.

So SC members, was I wrong for trying to redeem the coupon for the gift set? This was my first time using a replacement coupon so please let me know if it was indeed my fault.

Anyhow, that was not a pleasant shopping experience at all. I know some might think I'm stubborn and should've left the store as soon as they denied my coupon. To be honest, I would have. But the ASM was rude to me the whole time and I really did NOT want to spend a single penny at that store.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by smartshop9448; Fri, Apr 29th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I have used that exact coupon in a SDM store for a Neutrogena Norwegian Gift Set. No one batted an eye. Yes you are right it is considered one item.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I had a similar issue at RCSS a few months back - and after talking to 3 different people, they called the manager over. Since the coupon said 'replacement coupon' he asked exactly what product I was trying to replace. I explained it was a 'welcome gift' for new parents - and I patted the belly of my 7 month pregnant daughter who was with me. He agreed that the gift pack was one UPC, and therefore should be accepted. So it all turned out fine - but it took about 20 minutes.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

The Heritage Plaza London Drug in Calgary refused to accept my J&J replacement coupon for a gift set before, so I just went to RCSS.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Walmart refused my gift set and I didnt stand my ground and got a JNJ baby shampoo - I still regret this decisionof not standing my ground.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

I used mine at Walmart and got a bath basket. I went in knowing (thanks to SC) that it does not set a cost limit and is good for one product and it was one product. I explained to the floor manager and she agreed. My daughter is still enjoying the products from the basket. Try your local WM and see.
    WISHLIST**** Bread, crackers, Lactancia/Natrel Milk (2x2l or 4L reg) Frozen dinners (all types) Pampers Diapers and Wipes, Lactancia butter, Shake and bake......more in my "About Me" section.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

I used mine with no issues whatsoever.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

I used mine at Toys R Us without an issue.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I can see a store refusing to let you use it for an Aveeno gift set since no where on the J&J replacement coupon does it says "Aveeno" (there is a seperate coupon for Aveeno replacement) but I dont see why they would have an issue with a J&J gift set.

I'd just try another store. I've used 2 of the J&J replacement coupons on J&J baby gift baskets with no problem (once at WM and the other at TRU I believe).

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

This all goes back to the people who work at shoppers many are stubborn and I just don't shop there. Its unbelievable I have 6 Shoppers in my area and only 1 is friendly and okay with taking coupons of any sort!
    IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSON.
    Last edited by Minicoups; Sun, Apr 3rd, 2011 at 08:51 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got rejected once at Shoppers, went back a month later, friendly cashier, he didnt even care. Try again at different stores, or when there is a different manager at your shoppers.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I haven't used the aveeno one but have used the baby one on a set. I told the cashier "one of the bottles leaked all over so I called J&J and they sent me these coupon to replace it." I've also said "perfect, I have 4 coupons for the 4 items in it, so can I use 4 coupons on this 1 product"? Just try again.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Current user title here.
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I haven't used the aveeno one but have used the baby one on a set. I told the cashier "one of the bottles leaked all over so I called J&J and they sent me these coupon to replace it." I've also said "perfect, I have 4 coupons for the 4 items in it, so can I use 4 coupons on this 1 product"? Just try again.

Exactly what I was thinking! This would be the best day of my life. Grab up every multipak and gift set in the store. 3 products 3 coupons. 5 products 5 coupons. I might drop in on this store next time I'm in the area. I have a J&J new parent replacement coupon too.

Note to the original thread poster: I hate them too. 20 minutes every time I call customer service. Then customer service acts like they have no authority over how their franchise is run.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

I was told the same at WM SQ1, and i hated when managers don't know what they are taliking about...1 UPC = 1 PRODUCT!!!!!!! I will try what INSANE suggested next time ...never thought of that one...will see what they come up with!!!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is wrong with J&J products that they are having to send out so many "replacement" coupons? It seems they need to work on quality control.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information