User Tag List

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

As many have discussed here, usually you will still get your 20x OP even when your out of pocket fell below the minimum amount, despite the cashiers telling you otherwise.

Has anyone tested this with the new cash registers? All the downtown stores now have the new cash registers and one of the managers told me that the new system will disallow a lot of the loopholes the old system did.

I wasn't brave enough to ask what those loopholes were
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I went to the Shoppers nearest me which just happens to have the new cash register to purchase a bottle of Greenworks. Sale price $1.99, after coupon $0.49, yet I still received 10 points. However, the receipt says the current points balance is unavailable. I think you'll still get your points based on the amount before coupons.
    Last edited by -flawless-; Mon, Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:46 PM.

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

The base points yes, but what about the 20x when you did not meet the minimum required spending? I did test the base point right away with free Colgate t-paste.

I am quite annoyed since it's taken me quite a while to gather my courage to do 20x with out of pocket below the minimum. I was just starting to enjoy racking up my points at minimal cost and now they change the cash registers

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsplanner View Post
    As many have discussed here, usually you will still get your 20x OP even when your out of pocket fell below the minimum amount, despite the cashiers telling you otherwise.

Has anyone tested this with the new cash registers? All the downtown stores now have the new cash registers and one of the managers told me that the new system will disallow a lot of the loopholes the old system did.

I wasn't brave enough to ask what those loopholes were
    Toronto downtown stores have the new cash registers, I did a 18500 points with a $30 purchase last month. This is a newer store in the path, their system is fairly new, but there is no change in the way I shop at 20x and 18,500. Try any one once, if it doesn't work, return fund the product.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Which store did you go to?

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Bay and Adelaide shopping mall, if they gave you the base points, that's the points they use to calculate the total points for 20x. Make a purchase, if it doesn't work out, return them for a refund.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Thank you so much. Another question, if you used coupons for your purchase, how are they going to refund you?

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

They would refund you the total before coupons usually a GC or back on your debit or credit card depending how you paid...SDM gets the coupon amount as submit the coupons to the companies!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Thank you very much!

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canpip1 View Post
    Toronto downtown stores have the new cash registers, I did a 18500 points with a $30 purchase last month. This is a newer store in the path, their system is fairly new, but there is no change in the way I shop at 20x and 18,500. Try any one once, if it doesn't work, return fund the product.
    Thank you - I have a lot of purchases to do (with coupons) for my shelter stash this coming Fri.

Thread Information