User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    123 (99%)

the ladies i deal with at LD have had issues with other coupon users... so a few hints as to what they like, if u do it their way, it goes much soother for you, and they bend over backwards for you... i have the ladies bringing me extra coupons from the newspapers and all sorts of stuff

first when u walk in the store its always good to go to the customer service desk... ask them if they know how to deal with coupon stacking, and if not, when the person they are covering for will be back... also check when there breaks are, as there is less staff on when people are are breaks

avoid shift change over if at all possible... they have the least amount of staff at that point, people leaving and people being late etc. common sense...

when you have your items, go to the customer service desk and let the ladies know you are stacking ... and be polite, they know the drill well don't assume there is going to be a fight... when you let them know ahead of time that you are stacking, they can make sure they have someone else on the tills... so there is no lineup of annoyed people behind you...

have your coupons out, organized and ready for each product when its to be rung thru... also have the flyers circled if you are going to price match... it makes it easier for the ladies... and its easier for you to spot... don't dump everything on them at the end, coupons, pming, and your rotten attitude... they take note and don't like it, and i am sure they will bring it up to the store manager...

not many people know this, but coupons can be entered as a multiple... if u go to the duncan one and get P just remind her of the fact, it will make thing go so much easier/ faster... what she tends to do when doing this with me, is ring all the items thru, looking at the coupon (exp date, etc) and then setting it in groups ($1, $1.5, $2 etc) at the end, she counts the amount of $1.00 offs and enters it as a multiple

as well if u are pm'ing if you buy in 6's they can pm it as a multiple... but it has to be the exact same thing, same sent/ upc etc for that to happen...
    over all
    have things organized, let them know that you are stacking b4 they start to ring in your stuff, be nice, and they will do the same back... also the customer is NOT always right... so get off your high horse
    i don't know who these people are that they are dealing with, but they know how to stack, they know about pm'ing, so if you are a member of this site and went to LD today (there was 3 stackers before i went mid afternoon) take heed and be nice!!!
    the cashiers are not always out to get you/ make your life hard. they might not know the policy's (or you might not know them correctly)

OVERALL THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO BE POLITE AND NICE, DON'T GO IN AND ASSUME YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A BATTLE

i originally posted this before with specifics about the Duncan LD, but have tried to edited it (but there might be some store specific stuff still)
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Great post its good to have your manners in check and everything organized before you shop to avoid confusion!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Thankyou so much for reposting.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Great advice. I'm interested in knowing more about this purchasing 6 PM'd items and having them rung in as multiples. How does this work with the new "one price match only" policy?

My LD in Nanaimo is great with me because I am great with them. They appreciate my kindness and organization, and in turn they are really great and kind to me.

A smile and kind word sure goes a long way!

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Pretty much all the cashiers at LD at Tillicum enter them as multiples as well.

Good for the environment too. Saves on ink and till tape, lol.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think pretty much everyone knows me at my LD by now so I never have to tell them I'm stacking LD is actually the ONLY store that I know I won't get a fight with coupons.

I have some tips too:

I picked up a bunch of tiny neon plastic clothespins (half the length of your finger, maybe) and clip my stacks with those. They love it because they can clearly see which stacks are together.

Building a good reputation with your store will honestly get you absolutely everywhere. They like you, and you will never have trouble, ever. Don't sneak anything by, don't cause trouble. Asking gets you a lot further than sneaking.

If you have questions about a particular stack, ask before you shop. It'll just make everything easier for everyone.

Be HAPPY and never argue. You're getting stuff for free! Don't have a stick in your bum Grumpy stackers will ruin it for the rest of us, so if you're going in to stack and feel like a big bag of angry, sit down and have a coffee or something that makes you happy before you go in to shop. Stacking is a little more complicated than other transactions so just make it easier on both yourself and the cashier and get in a good mood before going.

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Just a note though, coupons can not be entered as multiples. Some cashiers may do this, to speed things along, but having worked closely with the head Customer sevice trainer for LD, I do know that cashiers are supposed to enter each coupon in seperately, and may get in trouble if not doing so. If you cashier does them all together, great, but please don't ask them do do so.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by guccigoo22 View Post
    Just a note though, coupons can not be entered as multiples. Some cashiers may do this, to speed things along, but having worked closely with the head Customer sevice trainer for LD, I do know that cashiers are supposed to enter each coupon in seperately, and may get in trouble if not doing so. If you cashier does them all together, great, but please don't ask them do do so.
    the cashier that does this for me is the one that trains the others how to be a cashier, she is the head cashier, she has worked at LD for years... and sees no problem doing this. she has taught the other cashiers how to do this as well... i hope she doesn't get in trouble for this, as it makes check out so much easier

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

No worries, I was also the trainer for my store, but it was newly opened in Nov. 2009. When I transfered to another store(s) one of them was newly openeing, the other had been open for 15 years. The older store had "it's own way" of doing things, which was kind of tough to work around, and get the hang of lol.

I only brought this up, because newer trained cashiers, are all told to enter each coupon seperately, and I didn't want to get anyone in trouble . Like i said, if your cashier does them altogether,and always has, and does not get any flack, GREAT!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I dont have a LD here (lives in NS) but you are right always be nice , it does pay off in the end

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I was going to comment on the multiples of coupons as well because at the four Surrey LD's they are not allowed to enter coupons that way. They used to do it at Guildford but were told they had to enter the coupons separately...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank-you for posting. I've heard similar complaints from LD Duncan staff about some who will argue with the cashier, particularly about trying to get the cashier to reduce the value of a coupon when the product price is less than the coupon amount, "some people just don't get it" was what I was told. If I were to have problems with different cashiers at different stores (sighs/eye-rolls/arguments, etc.), I'd sure take a good look at myself first to see if maybe I was in the wrong. On a related theme, and maybe it's just me, but I don't feel comfortable whipping out a store's coupon policy if I don't agree with the cashier's interpretation of it. It seems argumentative to me, and therefore not worth it. Life's too short and I'd rather not stress someone out and maybe hurt their feelings. The cashiers in Duncan are so nice; it's the best place to shop.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by guccigoo22 View Post
    The "cashier" that does this for me is actually the CS manager...she also does it for Lady_Arianna as well...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OMG I always feel grateful for the privledge of being able to stack at LD. When I'm finished an order I usually feel like hugging the cashier regardless of who it was, because I feel so lucky to have gotten so much for so little. LD can stop stacking at any time I for one don't want to give them a reason to.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I love my LD...I alway make sure that I thanks the CS ladies...smile...and it just makes the whole process so much easier...and I too always feel like hugging the ladies when I am done...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information