User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Tips, Tricks & Good Ideas

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hahaha, great tips! I'm gonna put some of these to use...and others made me laugh.

* Eat out of the pot; saves on water and time on washing dishes
    * Greasy hair? Take a brush and a pinch of baking soda - comb your hair with it

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia View Post
    Wow! I would have never thought of using dryer sheets like that!! :D My boyfriend has sensitive skin so he does not like me to add fabric softener or dryer sheets, what do you guys recommend I do for static?
    ** Bathroom tip- spray a LITTLE bit of shaving foam on the bathroom mirror and wipe in circles with a dry cloth until gone, do not add water. This will prevent the mirror from fogging up
    My boyfriend also has the same problem, but since I changed brands it's no longer a problem. As for getting rid of static and helping your clothes dry faster, try making a felted ball of leftover wool! Works great.

addicted to saving
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Totally cracked me up! Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by skybike View Post
    This is an interest of mine, finding little tips that make life more efficient/easier. Also known as 'lifehacks', these are a few I've stumbled upon that have stood out.

- I put my clothes in my closet with the hangers reversed once a year. As I pull clothes out, I reverse the hanger. Every year I give away any clothes that I never took out.

- If you need to remember to bring something with you, put your keys on it or put it in/on your shoes the night before.

- Poop at work, saves tp at home.

- Keep a backpack in the trunk of your car with spare pants, shirt, socks and a bunch of toiletries (Perhaps some sample sized freebies? It's good to have a first aid kit as well.

- If there's something I need to do but am procrastinating, I find something else I also need to do that's even more of a chore. I can then put off doing the second thing by doing the first.

- Sinus congestion? Masturbate. Don't ask me why, just do it.

- Never fart with headphones on while in public, you never know how loud it is.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Neat idea- how do you use it as a fabric softener?
    Join swagbucks! Earn $$ while you search - the real deal!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/spudislander10

Rocking the beer gut! iamperfectforme's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Rofl!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    My boyfriend also has the same problem, but since I changed brands it's no longer a problem. As for getting rid of static and helping your clothes dry faster, try making a felted ball of leftover wool! Works great.
    Well, I buy whatever brand of clothes soap is cheapest. I always buy fragrance and dye free. wool? How do I felt wool? Could I just buy a roll at the dollar store then? Or buy sheets of felt? Understand, I live with 2 men!! lol I'm the only woman here and I don't have wool!! lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by skybike View Post
    This is an interest of mine, finding little tips that make life more efficient/easier. Also known as 'lifehacks', these are a few I've stumbled upon that have stood out.

- I put my clothes in my closet with the hangers reversed once a year. As I pull clothes out, I reverse the hanger. Every year I give away any clothes that I never took out.

- If you need to remember to bring something with you, put your keys on it or put it in/on your shoes the night before.

- Poop at work, saves tp at home.

- Keep a backpack in the trunk of your car with spare pants, shirt, socks and a bunch of toiletries (Perhaps some sample sized freebies? It's good to have a first aid kit as well.

- If there's something I need to do but am procrastinating, I find something else I also need to do that's even more of a chore. I can then put off doing the second thing by doing the first.

- Never fart with headphones on while in public, you never know how loud it is.
    love all your suggestions

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

A tip!!

When the rubber wears out on your wiper blades, replace only the rubber portion. All you do is slide the rubber from the track and buy the rubber replacement kit at Canadian Tire. The cost is only $3.00 per blade instead of $15 to $20 each. It only took me 10 minutes to slide the two new rubber s on the wipers. Plus I saved throwing the whole blade in the landfill. Thanks to CT rep for this tip.

Metal Head Coupon Junkie CurvyGalSyn's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

If you have allergies to dryer sheets there is something you can use that works just as well. My mom is very allergic to dryer sheets so this is what we use now. This is the first place that popped up when I looked for a picture of these "Dryer Balls". Here is a link to see the pics. http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/dryer...dryerballs.htm
    You can buy them at lots of different stores now. The only warning I have is if you have dogs, make sure you remove them from the clothes before you put them on your bed and such to fold them. My dog found it before I removed it from the clothes...snuck it out of the room and proceeded to chew it to pieces in the other room as I folded the laundry *laughs*

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I don't know if it's proven or not, but I've heard that the most toxic thing in your house is dryer sheets. They are full of chemicals and some are carcinogens. I stopped using them for awhile and I bought some dryer balls, but I do still use the sheets. I don't think I'd be rubbing them on all sorts of things around the house though...just in case they are totally toxic. Google it!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love Dryer Balls but find they you have to search for them in your laundry most ofthe time one is stuck inside the arm of my hoody or the leg of my jeans. I agree fabric softners are smelly and hazardous for your health and generally unneeded why are you paying a company to make your clothes smelly?

I like hanging tge clothes inside on racks winter and summer and then throwing them in the dryer to soften them up for a couple of minutes especially my denim because they get stiff if you leave them hanging on the racks.

My tip is shopping at stores that give you the most for your money I would rather go somewhere like SDM or Zellers for an item of comparible or equal price to get my points or discount then somewhere like Giant Tiger where I get no benefits if shopping there. I also will shop on certain days at stores to get a better deal like Bulk Barn has a 10% student & seniors discount on Wednesdays.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

[QUOTE=skybike;3294257]This is an interest of mine, finding little tips that make life more efficient/easier. Also known as 'lifehacks', these are a few I've stumbled upon that have stood out.

ok laughing hard!!! the reason it works is because your body produces antihistamine when your um... highly aroused... that is why you never have a allergy attack in the middle of steamy moments! If your partner does your doing something wrong! laughing again... sorry i dj at a teenie chatroom radio station (like 20 listeners) and i do the sex trivia contests ... i know silly things like that!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by spudislander10 View Post
    Neat idea- how do you use it as a fabric softener?
    I use liquid softener as he says it doesn't bother him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia View Post
    Well, I buy whatever brand of clothes soap is cheapest. I always buy fragrance and dye free. wool? How do I felt wool? Could I just buy a roll at the dollar store then? Or buy sheets of felt? Understand, I live with 2 men!! lol I'm the only woman here and I don't have wool!! lol
    Here's a tutorial on making your own! This is the one I used, and will probably explain everything more efficiently than I would. It comes in handy for me being a knitter, I use my remnant wool to make these as needed. : http://goodmama.typepad.com/goodmama...yer-balls.html

Hope that helps.

Also, my Mom uses tennis balls, weird but true, I assume they work the same way.
    Last edited by Meta; Sun, Apr 17th, 2011 at 11:34 PM.

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    I don't know if it's proven or not, but I've heard that the most toxic thing in your house is dryer sheets. They are full of chemicals and some are carcinogens. I stopped using them for awhile and I bought some dryer balls, but I do still use the sheets. I don't think I'd be rubbing them on all sorts of things around the house though...just in case they are totally toxic. Google it!
    Very toxic!! i stopped using it years ago the momet I h3eard this!!! I do not put any type of softener in my washer or in my dryer and have no issues......also bad for your dryer!!!

Here is a site I found a bit of info from...

http://www.world-wire.com/news/0205210001.html

Soften Your Clothes Safely With These Tips:
    Even if you don't feel the effects of these chemicals today, they can affect you gradually over time, and children, whose systems are still developing, are particularly at risk. There's really no reason to expose yourself to these risky chemicals when natural alternatives exist. Not only are they safer for you, your family and the environment, but they're much more economical too:

• Add a quarter cup of baking soda to wash cycle to soften fabric
    • Add a quarter cup of white vinegar to rinse to soften fabric and eliminate cling
    • Check out your local health food store for a natural fabric softener that uses a natural base like soy instead of chemicals

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

those purex all in one sheets that have the soap in them ... i use those pads after i do the laundry to clean the tub. wouldn't do it on a fiberglass tub though... it could scratch it as it is slightly abrasive (no worse then a dryer sheet just thicker and will work more then once)
    I have not purchased windex in 2 years... of the last 3 i have been a professional house cleaner... there are glass polishing clothes at canadian tire that work better... first you use a rag with a tiny bit of water on it to wipe off the dirty stuff... then you polish it off with the cloth and your mirrors are crystal clear because you didn't put on something that leaves a residue ... how many times have you polished a glass over and over because the cleaner left behind on the glass?... this way no dust clings to the residue on the glass and it looks cleaner longer. well worth the $3 for 2 cloths... just don't use fabric softener on them or you will get streaks from the softener left behind. i hate paying more to make something not work right!

dyer balls sell at dollarama for cheap... i use them because they cut 15-20 mins off the drying time on every load and they reduce static... i still use fabric softener tho.

i am sure i will think of more later lol

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information