User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sure this has been asked before, but for the sake of not having to scroll through 500 msgs, can someone please tell me if a coupon that is for a free item, is really free? For example, I had some free OJ coupons and when I went to use them it was explained to me that I still had to pay the deposit and taxes on the product. I tried to explain that the coupon indicated that it was free and the cashier said that the product was free, but that the taxes and deposit are not included and thus payable.

Is this right? Does the coupon have to be worded in a certain way to validate my argument that the item is totally free, and if so, what is the wording that I am looking for?

Second, with regard to the printable coupns, if the coupon has a specific store name on it, such as the b1g1 free Areo chocolate bar that has a Mac's logo in the top left corner, is that coupon only valid at that store?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone.

This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

To answer your question, you still have to pay for the tax even if your coupon says it is free. That is why I save my FPC coupons till tax-free day at RCSS.

Also to answer your question, if the back of the coupon does not state "only useable or can only be used at..." then you should be able to use it anywhere. Where did you get a printable b1g1 aero bar? Can you show me the link.
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you. What a bummer that it really isent free afterall...

I am not sure what you mean by FPC and RCSS below?

"To answer your question, you still have to pay for the tax even if your coupon says it is free. That is why I save my FPC coupons till tax-free day at RCSS. "

Areo bar:
    http:/www.mymacs.ca/sites/default/files/coupon-P13-areo-large.jpg

I hope that link works...

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Fortinos is the only store I've found that takes the tax off first and then the full price of the product....making it TOTALLY free.

Thread Information