User Tag List

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Alright so we moved from one residence to another in St.Catharines and have alot of junk that needs to be hauled off to the dump. We had over 30 years of things stored in both the attic and garage that needs to be discarded and we are real tight for cash at the moment and can not afford the $250 that "JustJunk" wants to haul it away.

Does anyone know of any other companies that may be cheaper or maybe knows of someone that hauls things away independently? As to how much we have to remove we have a couch, loveseat, chair in addition to a nice patio size of about 6x10 ft of stuff. We aren't too concerned about the furniture as we can call the city to have them pick it up, but they are sooo picky that they'll only take 1 item per week lol

Anyways, any suggesstions/ideas would be awesome. Thanks guys!
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

call goodwill they will pick up furiture and clothes and nick nacks for free. I just moved also and used them with no problems.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

what about the diabetes clothes line, they are great, i never had a problem with them coming and getting stuff if not them you can check the Niagara This Week mini newspaper they have listings in there, or even the standard, I only get fridays freebie but you can check the standard's website to.
    Last edited by Sherbear609; Mon, Apr 18th, 2011 at 01:12 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I drove by the Christian Benefit Shop on Grantham Ave. today and they have a sign up saying the will pick up furniture.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you guys, for what is salvagable I will definately give them a call and let them take away what they can use but unfortunately alot of it just needs to be hauled to the dump or something. As for the furniture, it's gotta be chucked too.

I'll end up sucking it up and paying just junk with my credit card I'm sure *argh* but I really don't want to! This move has cost soooo much already I wonder when it's going to end?!
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Apr 19th, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

Dont go to JustJunk for that price! Whoa, never knew they were that expensive...

Check kijiji. Tonnes of ppl in need of money, with big trucks, willing to take stuff to the dump!

Just as an FYI: my huband and I hauled a trailer full of garbage to the dump and it only cost us $13!!!! (We don't do the junk pick up, this was for ourselves, and I used my father in laws trailer)

So, dont use JJ, use some no name/person with a truck to haul your stuff away.

Steph

ETA: If you don't see a posting for junk pick up/dump run, post an ad! Its free This way you dictate how much you want to spend. Keep in mind the cost of gas, person using their own truck, plus the cost at the dump.
    Last edited by ward.mama; Wed, Apr 20th, 2011 at 06:44 AM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

ward.mama, thanks for the suggestion I don't know why I didn't think of looking on kijiji!

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

No Problem Tara.

Steph

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Did you find someone yet?
    I recieved a "coupon shopper" insert in the mail, and there is an ad for junk removal. $25 per load plus weight. Promo # 536 1-888-586-5826 www.888junkvan.com

oh nevermind, I see on the website, that they only go as far a hamilton.
    Last edited by miztia; Fri, Apr 22nd, 2011 at 09:32 AM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by miztia View Post
    Did you find someone yet?
    I recieved a "coupon shopper" insert in the mail, and there is an ad for junk removal. $25 per load plus weight. Promo # 536 1-888-586-5826 www.888junkvan.com

oh nevermind, I see on the website, that they only go as far a hamilton.

Thank you miztia for the thought My brother ended up getting fired a few days ago so he unexpectidly now has alot of time on his hands and is able to do a few dump runs for us for the items that are not salvagable.

We also have about a dozen boxes and a few larger items set aside to donate. Thanks everyone for your great suggestions, I appreciate them!

Thread Information