User Tag List

Did Someone Say SALE?!?
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Volunteers will be out in force this weekend at London grocery stores handing out paper bags to collect donations for the food bank.

If you see any super specials on toiletries...can you include them in your donations? Oh - and cat food too!

I was volunteering at the food bank yesterday and today, and there was no shampoo, soap, or cat food. Of course there is ALWAYS a need for non-perishable food, but I know there are some terrific couponers who may be able to stuff a bag with bargains on toiletries.

We noticed a HUGE increase in numbers visiting the foodbank Monday and Tuesday -- I suspect it was related to the jump in gas prices (people having to choose between gas to get to school or work, and buying food).

Thank you, and Happy Easter!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Oh wish I knew yesterday I was going to take a box of food to the food bank but it never made it out of the building I put it down in the lobby to go get the car/put kids in and someone came by and took it before I could get my kids in and drive to the door to get it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    Oh wish I knew yesterday I was going to take a box of food to the food bank but it never made it out of the building I put it down in the lobby to go get the car/put kids in and someone came by and took it before I could get my kids in and drive to the door to get it.

Oh no! Thats horrible! I plan to donate some cans of formula we have so thanks for the reminder.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

yes, but were I live there are lots of families that use the food bank, So I guess it was taken by one of them. I have left clothing and shoes in the lobby before and know its been taken by a few different people as I see them wearing it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

yes, but were I live there are lots of families that use the food bank, So I guess it was taken by one of them. I have left clothing and shoes in the lobby before and know its been taken by a few different people as I see them wearing it.
    That's ok then atleast someone is making good use of it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    That's ok then atleast someone is making good use of it!
    So true, plus most second hand stores still over price used clothing. I went looking for maternity pants at value village and the only ones I found were for $20.00, which is way to much as I could get them new for that price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

So true, plus most second hand stores still over price used clothing. I went looking for maternity pants at value village and the only ones I found were for $20.00, which is way to much as I could get them new for that price.
    I remember I looked too at Once Upon A Child when I was pregnant and they wanted $35 for maternity jeans that were somewhat faded and not top quality. I said forget that and I went to Motherhood Maternity and paid that price for a pair of capris. Old Navy has a few things too. They don't have as muh selection but I was able to get a few things for a good price with coupons.

Thread Information