User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a bit of trouble with a coupon yesterday at WM.

I went into walmart with my zellers flyer (to pricematch for 4.99) and my $6 coupon for Quantumatic Dispenser kit and the girl at the till said I couldn't use the coupon since it's worth more then the amount of the product, so i nicely explained WM policy with coupons and she looked at me like I was insane and said "I don't think so ma'ma". No one was in line behind me so I asked if she could call a manager to check. So she called a lady from customer service over and the lady said "you can't price match and use a coupon. You have to choose one or the other." I said i didn't want it then and that I would just go somewhere eles. She then smiled and said "perfect"

As i was walking by customer service on my way out I saw a manager was there so i went over to ask him if I could pricematch and use a coupon and he said "of course!" I explained to him that the other ladies wouldn't let me do it, so he told me to just bring it to him and he would do it himself for me....He ended up Giving me .41 cent to take it out of the store . And he did it with a smile!

---I love WM policy, however the staff need to be trained on how it works!

I have a big shop to do this moring using a bunch of olay and gillette coupons -that will make me money - that i will be putting toward my weekly groceries...so hopefully it goes more smoothly

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Didn't have a chance to read all the replies (getting ready to go to Walmart! ) but I wanted to point out that manufacturers can always specify right on the coupon that it should only be applied to items of a certain size. In fact, this is very common to see on a coupon. If you see something that applies to 'all Gillette products' (for example)- there is nothing wrong with using it to buy the travel-sized items. At the end of the day, whether you're using it for travel sized items or larger items, the manufacturer is still going to be out the same amount of money- and the store will be reimbursed the same amount of money. Nobody loses.
    Last edited by MercuryBlue; Tue, Apr 26th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2two View Post
    I had a bit of trouble with a coupon yesterday at WM.

I went into walmart with my zellers flyer (to pricematch for 4.99) and my $6 coupon for Quantumatic Dispenser kit and the girl at the till said I couldn't use the coupon since it's worth more then the amount of the product, so i nicely explained WM policy with coupons and she looked at me like I was insane and said "I don't think so ma'ma". No one was in line behind me so I asked if she could call a manager to check. So she called a lady from customer service over and the lady said "you can't price match and use a coupon. You have to choose one or the other." I said i didn't want it then and that I would just go somewhere eles. She then smiled and said "perfect"

As i was walking by customer service on my way out I saw a manager was there so i went over to ask him if I could pricematch and use a coupon and he said "of course!" I explained to him that the other ladies wouldn't let me do it, so he told me to just bring it to him and he would do it himself for me....He ended up Giving me .41 cent to take it out of the store . And he did it with a smile!

---I love WM policy, however the staff need to be trained on how it works!

I have a big shop to do this moring using a bunch of olay and gillette coupons -that will make me money - that i will be putting toward my weekly groceries...so hopefully it goes more smoothly
    How frustrating! I've started carrying Walmart's coupon policy with me when I go shopping, so that I can just show them. I haven't been stopped yet, hopefully I won't need them at all, but they're good to have.

Trading Score
    1 (67%)

This reminds me of LD,too. I am SO not happy with them or the service I got yesterday. I swear, I almost had to bite my tongue and hold my arm down...Cashier told me, "If I had to be so thrifty with SO MANY coupons, I should be a little more considerate and pay at Customer Service."

I HAD 3 FRICKIN COUPONS!

And, I had went to Customer Service when I entered the store to see which coupons I could use together, because of policy changes.

Seriously! I even told her that! AND I lined up my purchases in separate little piles for non-coupons and each coupon I was using. AND SHE STILL cranked out at me.
    That cow SO got reported when I got home and called the manager.

You want to talk about consideration...Jeeziss Murphy! It all reminds me of some of the complaints I have read lately on here about bad service/coupon stacks/untrained employees, and all the rest.
    I'm ready to campaign about couponers. HONESTLY-I asked the lady at the till,"You are SERIOUSLY angry that I am using THREE coupons? That's a bother to your line-up (ONE guy on a cellphone behind me!)? Have you ever seen Extreme Couponing on TLC?? I think you should be thankful I went to Customer Service first. I saved us both a lot of time and aggravation." And I told her to have a nice day and a very Happy Easter.
    Oh, wow.
    I am still SO ANGRY!

(For information purposes, this was the LD in Medicine Hat, AB.)
    Jessi...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryBlue View Post
    How frustrating! I've started carrying Walmart's coupon policy with me when I go shopping, so that I can just show them. I haven't been stopped yet, hopefully I won't need them at all, but they're good to have.
    I printing the policy off before my shop today

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have about the same problems as just mentioned, how bad is the new cashiers training?

How come they have no clue about their policies and the manufacturer coupons?

Lucky for them they came after coupons had to be cut for every item on sale in flyers... Yea, i remember when the flyers came out with 'instant savings, no need to cut coupons anymore'. Maybe that's when resellers lost track with redeeming coupons..?

But usually they DO know how to make money with them, i remember someone, her father had a pharmacy, guess how she would make her pocket money? But cutting out coupons from flyers left at the store! Her father would just send them as if they would have came from customers. You can guess that store is not the only one in the universe doing such..
    So, don't ever let them make you feel like you are ripping them off!

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wildfirejessi View Post
    This reminds me of LD,too. I am SO not happy with them or the service I got yesterday. I swear, I almost had to bite my tongue and hold my arm down...Cashier told me, "If I had to be so thrifty with SO MANY coupons, I should be a little more considerate and pay at Customer Service."

I HAD 3 FRICKIN COUPONS!

And, I had went to Customer Service when I entered the store to see which coupons I could use together, because of policy changes.

Seriously! I even told her that! AND I lined up my purchases in separate little piles for non-coupons and each coupon I was using. AND SHE STILL cranked out at me.
    That cow SO got reported when I got home and called the manager.

You want to talk about consideration...Jeeziss Murphy! It all reminds me of some of the complaints I have read lately on here about bad service/coupon stacks/untrained employees, and all the rest.
    I'm ready to campaign about couponers. HONESTLY-I asked the lady at the till,"You are SERIOUSLY angry that I am using THREE coupons? That's a bother to your line-up (ONE guy on a cellphone behind me!)? Have you ever seen Extreme Couponing on TLC?? I think you should be thankful I went to Customer Service first. I saved us both a lot of time and aggravation." And I told her to have a nice day and a very Happy Easter.
    Oh, wow.
    I am still SO ANGRY!

(For information purposes, this was the LD in Medicine Hat, AB.)
    HOW RUDE.

I probably wouldnt have been so nice as you! I find I have a lot less tolerance now that I am getting more and more pregnant haha. When people are rude to me I will usually snap right back, in this case yikes...

3 coupons, I used probably 100 today at LD, and the lady before me used a stack as thick as a brick (serious.. whoa).

I'd have probably told her if she didn't like couponers she's working at the wrong store. LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Ok I also do not believe in clearing shelves... HOWEVER, on the coupon aspect... do you honestly believe that if you present a $6.00 off coupon on a product that is only $3.50 that walmart is going to go to the manufacturer and say... "hey P&G"... or whoever, "no need to give us the full $6.00 on this product cause we only really gave the consumer a $3.50 credit on that coupon"

Ya right... not happening, I actually think that Walmart is being pretty stand up in this respect because instead of making money off us (which they totally could), they are actually allowing us to use the money towards other purchases.

Like someone else said, the manufacturer has budgeted for the coupon cost.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I love that Walmart is now allowing full value for the coupons but I too cringe when I read some brags as I can see how some people are abusing coupons they should not be using. For example P&G has a limit of 4 like coupons, the finish coupon was a limit of one per person/household/computer (photocopies are going to be easy to recognize as they will have the same name or no name at all on them... stores are not going to be too happy when they lose out on all those coupons ), the nivea state one coupon per person ect etc yet the brags tell of many more being used so they can get items free and make money. Not only that but I have read where SC'ers are stretching a coupon to buy something from the same company but not the product specified on the coupon so they can get it for free or money back. To me it is like... if you had a photocopier that could print money and you could get away with it would you use it? When you use a coupon against the coupon conditions is that not the same? Coupons are considered another form of currency.....

Quote Originally Posted by matheson View Post
    On the contrary, my experience has been that it is only getting easier to use coupons. Since TLC's show, people (cashiers and shoppers in line) have been way more supportive for me.
    In some aspects I agree but the coupons are getting more specific and more limitations on them now which cuts back on what and how you can use them. 3/4 of the coupons I found in Sobeys yesterday stated "cannot be combined with another coupon offer" which means no stacking on those products anymore. Unfortunately if people abuse couponing as I stated above it is going to get harder and they will tighten the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GrUvGrL View Post
    Ok I also do not believe in clearing shelves... HOWEVER, on the coupon aspect... do you honestly believe that if you present a $6.00 off coupon on a product that is only $3.50 that walmart is going to go to the manufacturer and say... "hey P&G"... or whoever, "no need to give us the full $6.00 on this product cause we only really gave the consumer a $3.50 credit on that coupon"

Ya right... not happening, I actually think that Walmart is being pretty stand up in this respect because instead of making money off us (which they totally could), they are actually allowing us to use the money towards other purchases.

Like someone else said, the manufacturer has budgeted for the coupon cost.
    I totally agree on this! I was always convinced that when I submitted a coupon for $2.50 and the product was $2, even though the store only allowed me $2 I am sure they were sending it in and receiving the full $2.50 for the coupon. to Walmart!!

PamperedChefgirl
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

That is ridiculous|! If you buy two containers you should be able to use two coupons!!!
    I really really need grocery FPCs & coupons!!! Happy mom of 3 young children
    Will trade $50 in coupons for a $5 Amazon.ca e-gift card OR $100 in coupons for $10 grocery gift cards!
    Earn FREE Amazon.ca gift cards by searching!http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/divinedivagirl

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seventhwave View Post
    Am I the only one who is wondering how long this is actually going to last? The more I think about it the more it seems they are frauding the companies that are providing the coupon.

Example -

P&G gives a coupon for $5.00 off 3 products, we only spend $3.50 on those products and $1.50 goes to say.... bread. Something P&G DOESN'T sell, and yet P&G is paying Walmart back this money for a product we didn't buy of theirs.

I keep seeing people posting all these great scores and such at Walmart and while it's great to get free stuff it seems like people are really taking advantage of this and it may be taken away sooner then we think...

Sorry, that's just my 2 cents. It's already getting harder and harder to use coupons and I think companies will start really cracking down soon.
    Do you know what happens with a overage on a coupon when we use a $5 coupon on 3.50 in stuff... we get it... because if we don't... walmart does. They don't say to PG no thanks we only want 3.5 today. If PG is going to give me $5 in a store and i would like the whole thing... i don't clear off shelves... or coupons on the shelves. There is a etiquette to couponing. I did use the pg coupons at walmart... 4 different coupons in the trial section. Now the next time someone goes into the hospital in the family i can take them a package of trial sized items so they have everything they need. Couponing in the states is far more aggressive and the companies are still making money... we are just starting to catch up. How i pray for the double coupon stores like they have in the states. They double coupons up to the total of .99 cents not in all stores but there are some... a .75 cent coupon would go to .99 or $1. To boot the States has a much bigger coupon selection to choose from. This is not shifty business. This is people being very good with their money and counting every penny. Thank goodness for stores like walmart that aid us in this process.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

[QUOTE=tdjca;3315507]I love that Walmart is now allowing full value for the coupons but I too cringe when I read some brags as I can see how some people are abusing coupons they should not be using. For example P&G has a limit of 4 like coupons, the finish coupon was a limit of one per person/household/computer (photocopies are going to be easy to recognize as they will have the same name or no name at all on them... stores are not going to be too happy when they lose out on all those coupons QUOTE]

Oh wow! I didn't realize people did thsi... YEAH... TOTAL BAD NEWS!

I think that if you get the coupon fair and square... good for you! ... however photocopies - BIG NO NO! That is fraudulent! This is money that the manufacturer has NOT budgeted for, so when they realize their originally bugeted for $100k has a total back of retail coupons worth $300k, two things will happen:

Manufacturers will present more restrictions
    The store you just defrauded will tighten their policies

Hey I'm all about saving money! But I want to do it fair and square!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I'm confused ... if you aren't allowed to photocopy the coupons, why are coupons in pdf format posted in the file above? IMO, it is no different than printing them off one by one and doing this 10 times. Am I missing what the big no no is here?

I used several of the Finish coupons and not 1 WM asked me to fill in my name. In the original coupon offer it may have requested this but the pdf did not.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikefree View Post
    I'm confused ... if you aren't allowed to photocopy the coupons, why are coupons in pdf format posted in the file above? IMO, it is no different than printing them off one by one and doing this 10 times. Am I missing what the big no no is here?

I used several of the Finish coupons and not 1 WM asked me to fill in my name. In the original coupon offer it may have requested this but the pdf did not.
    The Finish coupon should never have been made available in PDF as the website was designed that you had to fill in your name and a program filled in your name on the coupon. Once it was printed on ONE computer it wouldn't allow you to print it again. It was limited to one coupon per person/household/computer.

The PDF coupon files were provided so that people who had trouble printing the coupon off manufacturers websites could still use the coupon but people are going crazy printing off too many and not abiding by the manufacturers limits. It's sad because eventually either stores will stop accepting printables or manufacturers will stop providing them. In the end we will all lose out.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I agree that people should not abuse coupons. Be smart and shop the clearance section or combine products properly to get the most value. The worst is people that brag that cashiers "forgot to charge them so it was free". No it was not free, it was a mistake that you noticed and that is stealing...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information