User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

and I am pulling from my stash to replace all the bathroom items they will need.

I am so glad I can help them. what a devastating day for them.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

wish i lived closer, or id pull my stash too

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

No content insurance?

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Insurance may not be able to help IMMEDIATELY. I think there would be a pocess... or no? Just start buying things and they pay for it? or how does that work? lol

Where was this? Anything others can do to help that are farther away?

Daughter's dad is training to be a firefighter and EMT. In the big picture I love it... but it really does make me shake when I... let my mind wander... *sigh*

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

A friend of mine lost everything in an apartment fire a couple of years ago, and I mean everything, they only had the clothes on their backs. She had insurance, but had to throw a major hissy fit to get any money. It took her about 4 months before she got a cent. So everything was out of pocket for herself and two small kids. She was not even paid in full for all her expenses after the fire, clothes, hotels, meals etc. The insurace company did every thing they could to make it hard for her. But like she said, at least they were alive and safe.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cia View Post
    A friend of mine lost everything in an apartment fire a couple of years ago, and I mean everything, they only had the clothes on their backs. She had insurance, but had to throw a major hissy fit to get any money. It took her about 4 months before she got a cent. So everything was out of pocket for herself and two small kids. She was not even paid in full for all her expenses after the fire, clothes, hotels, meals etc. The insurace company did every thing they could to make it hard for her. But like she said, at least they were alive and safe.

Wow, who was she with for insurance?!

Dumb! Grr!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

That so sad to read but I am glad you are generous to help out
    A fire in my street maybe 4 weeks ago freak me out so I could figure how they fell.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    That so sad to read but I am glad you are generous to help out
    A fire in my street maybe 4 weeks ago freak me out so I could figure how they fell.
    There was a fire by me too, not too long ago on O'Brien. The house is gone!!!

...but I know as a renter, a lot of people don't get insurance.

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by miss__brittany View Post
    There was a fire by me too, not too long ago on O'Brien. The house is gone!!!

...but I know as a renter, a lot of people don't get insurance.
    I am a renter and I have insurance it's you do egal payment is not to high plus I figured out to listed my items but I wish that situation never happen to me...no one want this happen..
    And the owner have their own assurance for the batisse too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cia View Post
    That's true ..they will give you a really hard time before they pay you anything for your personal belongings ..plus they will cover only upto a certain amount irrespective of how much you lost .

And they will increase your premium BIG time after you make a claim ..right from the get go their attitude is that you are lying & trying to scam them & that your personal stuff is nowhere close to what you are saying .

Its always good to have a list & photos & receipts of some of the expensive stuff you own if you want the insurance company to pay you .

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

It took my parents 1 year and alot of fighting with the insurance company before they paid. They had to threaten legal action. My friend who used to be a lawyer for an insurance company said this is standard procedure for them - deny claims as much as possible.
    The devastating part was the loss of the family pets and heirlooms. None can be paid for with insurance money. I went and helped out after the fire and it was horrible.

My thoughts are with these people. You can never get back what you lost but support during the first few weeks is critical. Great job!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please, tell the family to contact their local Red Cross. They have a Disaster Management program that can provide the family with vouchers/gift cards for food, clothes, basic hygiene items, sometimes even lodging - depending on what the family needs. It will only be a couple of days worth, but a start. The program is for anyone - whether they have insurance or not, rich or poor.

(I used to work for the RC, so am familiar with the program. Sometimes the fire dept/police and other social service agencies don't work well together and don't make the referrals, so it is up to the general public to just "know" where people can go for a little bit of support.)

Love FREEBIES!
    Trading Score
    111 (98%)

insurances are like that! They are robber.....

<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wkcpitR/" target=_blank>

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

this is not a lot.. just some soap , razers, oral care and fem products to ease the out of pocket till they can get insurance on the go..

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Nice of you to help them out....it would be a terrible thing to go thru!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information