User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Expired
    Popped by my GT this morning for the bread and royale tissues and was surprised to see that their milk is a pretty good price for not being on sale: $4.19 for 1% or 2% and $5.47 for 3%. Also, they had 10% Lactancia Cream on sale for $1.97 and it has a coupon on the carton for $1 off a future purchase of any 1L carton of Lactancia cream.
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just look at the dates, they always have expired product and I have even purchased some milk that wasn't even expired but was all grosse and chunky I don't know if it's the Oshawa one but I also purchased bread which was overpriced and when I came home it had mold on it. I have also seen cheese covered in mold on the shelves there

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
    Just look at the dates, they always have expired product and I have even purchased some milk that wasn't even expired but was all grosse and chunky I don't know if it's the Oshawa one but I also purchased bread which was overpriced and when I came home it had mold on it. I have also seen cheese covered in mold on the shelves there
    +1

Make sure you check the Expiry date. The ones on sale at GT are usually very close to expiry. If you can consume it before or on the date; then go ahead.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Thanks for the heads up. I have only visited GT a couple of times before. The milk had May 9 & 10 expiries so since we go through it so fast, I wasn't concerned. The bread also had a pretty good date...May 7 so more than a week away. Also picked up some of the baby carrots on sale and they had a May 19th expiry. Will keep my eye on what I buy there though.

Thread Information