User Tag List

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I would also like to know what are considered junk coupons. I am surprised baby coupons would be junk because diaper coupons are my most desired. I also have lots of great high value formula coupons but would only want to put them in the train if somebody was using that brand of formula.

I think there is a way to make a wish list on here but I don't know how. Maybe we will be covering that coming up

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Diaper coupons are my favorite too! I use baby formula, so I would take those also. I guess what some people consider junk others bend over backwards for! I've always thought that makeup, hair color, and vitamins are junk, but thats just me!

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NicMoon View Post
    Diaper coupons are my favorite too! I use baby formula, so I would take those also. I guess what some people consider junk others bend over backwards for! I've always thought that makeup, hair color, and vitamins are junk, but thats just me!
    *pulls diaper and formula coupons out of the garbage

Although do you really want a $2 off pull-ups coupon? Aren't those rather expensive? Not sure if you'd want to hold out for a larger dollar amount.

So I think we're in agreement that vitamins and hair colour are 'junk' coupons. I'd happily take make-up actually, though it's not the top priority but if it's going to go in the garbage ....

Establishing a wishlist would definitely help this situation. Hopefully we learn how to do that.
    Last edited by katie333; Thu, May 5th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I consider hair color and vitamin coupons "junk" although I know some people who use them. Baby coupons can be very valuable to someone WITH a baby... I don't usually add them to trains though unless I know a member on the train has a baby.

$2 pull up coupons are great to bring the price down especially when they're on sale to begin with... I'm just getting out of the pull up phase with my little guy Those suckers are expensive!! Those coupons are also good for people out west who can stack coupons.

In regards to making a wish list- I spy on other people's lists to see what's out there, lol. When I first started I just left my list rather generic- ie. granola bars, dishsoap, Underjams, etc. It wasn't until I was more aware of what was available that I started adding a dollar amount to those coupons. Mine is in my profile if you want to take a look (click on my user name and go to view profile, and it's under the "about me" tab)... it's fairly small right now as I'm in the middle of updating

I've found that with me, personally, I end up trading with the same 5 or 6 people and I always grab coupons that I know they'll be interested in. I'll send out an envie when I have a good amount for one person and they send one to me when they have something that I need... so more like a random act of kindess (RAOK) than a trade!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Great deal on Stayfree this month with printout coupons & SDM
    http://www.stayfree.ca/sampling/en/coupon.asp

Havent' had much time to be online much lately. Hopefully we can make wish lists soon?

Cheers!

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I have many diaper coupons & some baby food that I've clipped, although my "kids" are 12 & 14. I hate to see them go to waste when they are needed. I don't think I ever paid full price for these things when I used them!
    I love to find coupons for things like toilet paper, toothpaste, soy milk, yogurt, cereal, school snacks like granola bars & krispie treats, frozen quick meals like pizza, & pet food. I have 2 cats & 1 dog that love their vittles!
    I will have to look into creating a wish list in my profile another day...this one is over for me today...night all!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi everyone!
    Still trying to find time to read all of the posts we are having! Definitely falling behind!! Being a super newbie couponner I am finding it a little time consumming! I do love getting an amazing deal!

I just got some very affordable toothpaste from Safeway from their B1G1free and coupons I got at the dentist!!! Our dentist gives us the good old floss and toothbrush but in recent months he has been adding coupons to the baggie! Maybe yours might have some too!
    Last edited by Ml Gel; Thu, May 5th, 2011 at 11:19 PM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Just back from my dentist and there was coupons on the coffee table - packs of them. Nice
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

There will be "rules" but they're intended to be easy enough for anyone starting out to do.

sheetsofemptycanvas -- I'll echo her answers on "coupons" that are not desirable.

There are things we buy multiples of: ie. cereal, bread, milk (these are great) and then there are things most of us buy once in a blue moon -- static guard, ester-c vitamins, cardio centrum, hair colour; anti aging creams where the coupon is $10 and the product is $70 ... so with those once in a blue moon usually you have found "one" or "two" coupons yourself in flyers or the store so there dead weight on a train - odds are it'll make it round the whole trip.

For example,
    $1 off Cheerios any -- odds are it'll be snapped up
    $1 off Lactantia cream 1 litre -- odds are it'll be snapped up even though lots don't buy the big size
    $1 Yogplait -- taken
    $1 off x wub y -- these are tough. People might buy the first but not want the second. So it really narrows down who will take this coupon
    $1 off window washer extender - hmmm - each household MAY to buy 1, once. Probably have something you use already so many won't switch, and cost will be a factor. Best guess - won't be taken.
    $1 off Materna vitamins ... odds are not in your favor that a rider will be looking for this, fairly common in stores too

Diapers depend on who is on the train, same with pet food. So if you look down the line and you see someone wants Beneful, then pop it in and put a sticky note saying the person's name.

I have a train that just returned ... I'll try to take a photo of all the coupons and I'll separate them into "best", "okay", "not great" compared to what I sent out.

HOWEVER my expectations with a train for newcomers is that anything is wonderful. You may take a BOGO for food, but not have a food bogo to share. That makes sense when you're new. The train is learn about trains, be as nice as you can to others - it's a supportive environment and you can see what it's like.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Thu, May 5th, 2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

We all have different schedules and free time. The nice thing is this thread is here and it's not like a conference call -- if you missed you missed it.

We'd still love to hear comments/links when you do something even if you're working on something from a week or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ml Gel View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Still trying to find time to read all of the posts we are having! Definitely falling behind!! Being a super newbie couponner I am finding it a little time consumming! I do love getting an amazing deal!

I just got some very affordable toothpaste from Safeway from their B1G1free and coupons I got at the dentist!!! Our dentist gives us the good old floss and toothbrush but in recent months he has been adding coupons to the baggie! Maybe yours might have some too!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

In preparing slideshows for 21 Things, I decided that finding coupons and using Smart Canucks to do that (where/what threads) is a fundamental EPIC couponer skill.

If you just know how to do that, you're 90% of the way to being EPIC. Sweet !

It's amazing what this community of volunteers creates and maintains to help us all find and use coupons and deals.

So a big thank you to all the folks who maintain the threads mentioned in this new slide cast.

Link to the show with an audio track:

http://www.slideshare.net/GivingSmal...s-part-1/1/yes

Your Activities:

1. Share one thing that was new (or not - don't be shy to say you had this section covered) from this slide show

2. Find a thread where people are discussing coupon etiquette that you found useful e.g. is it Okay or not Okay to print lots, take 1/2 a pad of coupons from the store, etc. Post the link here to the thread.

TIP: How do you make a link in a your post to the thread you like? See next post for "how to" make a link.

3. Tell us what your favourite coupon is so far.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

How to Make a Link in a Post?

1. You write some words for your link such as This is my first link.
    2. You copy the URL from the page you want to go to ie. http://www.smartcanucks.ca/ etc etc.
    3. You highlight This is my first link with your mouse.
    4. Click on the blue globe icon with a link of a chain over it - see red arrow in the image just above.
    5. It'll pop up a box for you to fill in the URL.
    6. Paste the URL into the box making sure there is ONLY ONE http:// at the beginning.
    7. Click okay.
    8. Save your post.
    9. To test, click on your link, hopefully it'll go where you intended.

If not, ask us to help. We're here to practice on, help each other.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I'll have more time to answer the rest of the questions later but my favorite coupon right now is $4.50 off Pampers Underjams... it was a hidden websaver, or save.ca I don't remember. When I can match this coupon up with sales I can get them for $10 or less!!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy16076 View Post
    I have many diaper coupons & some baby food that I've clipped, although my "kids" are 12 & 14. I hate to see them go to waste when they are needed. I don't think I ever paid full price for these things when I used them!
    I love to find coupons for things like toilet paper, toothpaste, soy milk, yogurt, cereal, school snacks like granola bars & krispie treats, frozen quick meals like pizza, & pet food. I have 2 cats & 1 dog that love their vittles!
    I will have to look into creating a wish list in my profile another day...this one is over for me today...night all!
    Argh, pulls soy milk out of the garbage too. Ok lesson learned, I am not going to recycle away any more coupons that I think are junk unless they are vitamins, hair colour or big ticket items that people don't need multiples of.
    Kate

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

1. Share one thing that was new (or not - don't be shy to say you had this section covered) from this slide show

Thanks to research on SC I already knew this stuff, but I knew just about zero before I got here!

2. Find a thread where people are discussing coupon etiquette that you found useful e.g. is it Okay or not Okay to print lots, take 1/2 a pad of coupons from the store, etc. Post the link here to the thread.

OK, here's a link about the recent discussion on the Ziploc sale at WM which has a printable.

3. Tell us what your favourite coupon is so far.

My favourite coupon, hmm, I have a lot. Lean Cuisine for $1 off since it was on sale this past week for $1.99, I have never gotten it that cheap! Nexxus, Olay coupons to get free ones on trial sizes ... I also love getting any discount on pop and snacks.
    Last edited by katie333; Fri, May 6th, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
    Kate

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information