User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone who's lived here for a while has probably been to a Saturday & Sunday Toonie matinée at the downtown theater, which was always a great deal at $2 per person. They seemed to go away as the recession hit, but it looks like they might be making a comeback.

I noticed the ad didn't say $2 toonie matinée, so it may no longer be $2, but instead a price that you could pay with only toonies (like $4).

Either way, with a dollar store a short walk away, you can get some cheap candy and enjoy an afternoon at the movies for likely only about half the price of cineplex, plus the theater isn't usually very busy, so you'll have your choice of seats.

I'm going to email the theater to get confirmation of the price on those days and will post the reply.
    This thread is currently associated with: Cineplex & Scene Rewards

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CONFIRMED it's $2 per person!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

we should all get together once a month for a movie day/night

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for the Saturday & Sunday Toonie matinée at the downtown theater, what movies do they play ,i havent been to the movies for awhile

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We should!

And it changes every week, generally the movies I remember being on the matinees are the ones that were on their way out. As far as I remember, the Cineplex would get new movies first, and then Landmark would get them, and then when their theatrical run was nearly over they'd go on for a toonie matinee. So basically whatever's been playing for a while, last week's special (gnomeo and juliet) was released in February.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

How come if its toonie sat n Sunday. Why did the paper say $5.25 for sat and Sunday movies? Any info would be great I'm a bit confused.
    Thanks

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's not every weekend, they just do it here and there on certain movies. Remember it's usually movies on their way out, so if no movies are close to the end of their theatrical run, there won't be the special on.

Chances are though, if you spy a movie you want to see, keep tabs on it. Eventually it should go on for the toonie matinee.

Thread Information